Hot Toys ESB FETT tips tricks and other cool mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. That's exactly the route I ended up taking!
I got circular masking tape, a 5/0 brush, magnifying lenses and spent about 5-6 hours painting it. I'm quite happy with the result. 😀
The project is on hold for the time being while I'm renovating the house, but the only thing left for the armor is the digital display on his left chest, which I want to paint with a glowing effect.

View attachment 537637

Absolutely stunning job! Such a small piece and small logo to paint!

Thanks. That's exactly the route I ended up taking!
I got circular masking tape, a 5/0 brush, magnifying lenses and spent about 5-6 hours painting it. I'm quite happy with the result. 😀
The project is on hold for the time being while I'm renovating the house, but the only thing left for the armor is the digital display on his left chest, which I want to paint with a glowing effect.

View attachment 537637
Beautiful work agonistes86!
☕😎👍

Thanks, guys. :wave
I'm also contemplating painting the skull on the shoulder armour from scratch, since the decal I have is from ROTJ. I'm more afraid of that though since it's a much more complex design. I'll see when I resume this project.

Updated the body:
Current Dam Toys (3 or 3.5) waist with rig (rubber torso stripped except rubber neck-collar bone). Very light shoulder to groin(sleeveless), padded shirt. Inner neck attachment modified to carry HT neck.
Sideshow Mythos Neck wrap. Sprayed to off white/light grey.
1/6 Glitch Arms.
Still using Vader-like legs (but with ball socket shins), with Dam Toys rubber groin over layer (instead of Hot Toys overlay).
2B0F43E6-9E02-4C55-94D3-B1DCDB5FF92B.jpeg
0455008F-1CF3-4F22-8138-B9143588CCC7.jpeg
A514688A-CDAB-4442-8E6C-FA8A21092AAD.jpeg
D31B08CE-B5D4-4465-8D47-F43A4CA0B7F6.jpeg

I know someone did this in this thread and I'm hoping they or some other 1/6 experts can give me some advice on dying Fett's flight suit. I just got the Dylon China Blue but this is my first go - any tips are welcome and much appreciated.

I know someone did this in this thread and I'm hoping they or some other 1/6 experts can give me some advice on dying Fett's flight suit. I just got the Dylon China Blue but this is my first go - any tips are welcome and much appreciated.
I don't remember the specific ratios of water, dye and salt I used, but I know that I took it slow at first, only using about a third of the dye package. I didn't want to get it too blue and then not be able to reverse it. In the end, I did three sessions, and I emptied the bag on the third attempt, which got me the color I wanted.
After each dye bath, I rinsed the jumpsuit under running water, and then let it dry completely on a rack. Only when it's completely dry you'll know whether you got the right color. Also remember to dye the pouches while you're at it (though I used the medicom ones in the end, which I had to paint some more because the type of fabric is different).
I would also recommend to unstitch the pouches before starting so you can get the dye everywhere.
After dyeing, I weathered the suit with watered down acrylics. This is my end result:
IMG_5844_2_small.jpg

Good luck, and let me know if you have more questions!

After a long break, I am finally able to continue on my Fett. Here's the latest test fitting.
Only the brown belt is still stock, the rest has been completely repainted, resewed, dyed, etc. I re-attached all the armor plates with magnets.
I actually already finished the other shoulder guard - including the correct ESB mythosaur skull - and the first set of hands, but I haven't sealed the paint, so I didn't add them yet.
Remaining to-dos are more hands, the blaster, the backpack, and finish the gauntlets. Their color looks a bit too vibrant depending on the lighting, so I might have to repaint them some more.

IMG_8498_3_small.jpg

IMG_8494_2_small.jpg

I'm very slowly chipping away at him, whenever I find some free time!
I finished one set of hands and am currently in the middle of painting up the remaining ones. I'm using SS Mythos Fett hands, some of which I modified to get more accurate poses.
I also painted the blaster, just need to seal the paint and attach the strap. As I looked into the strap, I realised I could make more accurate rings to attach it to instead of the rectangular clips HT used.
The jetpack already has a couple of layers of green on there, but needs some more before I start on the details and weathering.

Here's a shot of my workbench I took last week, showing the various parts in progress.
20220327_163708.jpg

Back