1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

I think Hot Toys can do much better. Something off about the likeness, outfit is too light (maybe lighting), and body type doesn't work well either.

Re: Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figur

Just scanned through the movie... man, that inner lining of the cape is so wrong on so many levels. :(

Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figure

Wow. This thread is up over 200 comments already? Shows the interest in this figure is palpable.

Hope I can pick up an extra sculpt for my skiff Lando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so happy about this, it's way past time. Now we need a C-3P0 (how the hell has that not been released already?), a Mace Windu, a ROTS Darth Sidious and a Padewan Obi-Wan from PM. My excitement at this announcement is only tempered by the fact that it'll be 2-2.5 years until this is in our hands, but at least there's something to look forward to!

Really digging this Lando! Too bad the distributor I used to order from no longer offers HTs at a decent price. :/

This figure really needed 2 headsculpts, smiling and serious. The half-smile just doesn't work when posed with Vader or Boba Fett. A serious expression would have been better overall. The trousers need widening as well.

Finally!!!
Not a huge fan of the head sculpt, and the body reminds me of the Kenner POTF2 Steroid Lando, but at this point I’m just happy to see him announced and up for Pre-order.
An absolute must have for my collection.

Yeah, that chest is looking pretty puffy.

Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian Collectible Figure

Really digging this Lando! Too bad the distributor I used to order from no longer offers HTs at a decent price. :/

So use some other site........

Tip : You can use the internet to research.

Personally I'd start with ToysBuyingAgent.

Yeah, that chest is looking pretty puffy.

I noticed that also. But I think that?s a symptom of the fact that Lando always had a low cut collar.

He showed off his lower neck area, in many scenes . Since this is the typical head sculpt, it would look bad seeing the joints if the sculpt was shown with the proper open neck.

If you notice most picture are showing the neck concealed in some way.

In short, it?s the hiding of the neck making it look puffy
e4b316547f5eb3c052eb439015c88555.jpg

Boy, that blaster really does look terrible... the one with the lipstick.

Hopefully HT will change the inner cape, I can remove the chest padding... should make a nice Lando for the shelf.

And I agree about the neck, might have to pull that head up a bit for a little extra neck.

Something is really off about this figure, why did they have to mess up on the iconic version of lando, watch them nail the skiff version. The inside cape is hideous and his face is just off, poor billy dee

If HT keeps to its usual habits, any Skiff Guard or Gen. Calrissian will likely reuse the same sculpt.

He was a little more bloated in ROTJ so maybe HT deliberately made this head somewhere in-between slimmer Lando ESB and little heavier Lando ROTJ so the head could kind of work for both.

I noticed that also. But I think that?s a symptom of the fact that Lando always had a low cut collar.

He showed off his lower neck area, in many scenes . Since this is the typical head sculpt, it would look bad seeing the joints if the sculpt was shown with the proper open neck.

If you notice most picture are showing the neck concealed in some way.

In short, it?s the hiding of the neck making it look puffy
e4b316547f5eb3c052eb439015c88555.jpg

You're probably right, kind of surprised they didn't go with a no-neck sculpt. Both TFA Han and Luke suffered from the puffy padded chest and that might have been a consideration (hiding the neck joint) in those cases as well.

I think its pretty good. The quality that some people nitpick about, usually takes an $800 custom. This one is fine for most people, too bad its so far off in 2022

If HT keeps to its usual habits, any Skiff Guard or Gen. Calrissian will likely reuse the same sculpt.

He was a little more bloated in ROTJ so maybe HT deliberately made this head somewhere in-between slimmer Lando ESB and little heavier Lando ROTJ so the head could kind of work for both.

IF someone suggested general lando would be made 2 years ago, I would have laughed. Now, with the way they reuse sculpts, it?s on the table down the line. Howard will want to make his money back on the billy dee sculpt, so it?s not out of the realm of possibility. Same sculpt for all 3 eventual hot toys lando. Something is off about the figure, but I am so happy to get it eventually, I will not complain. The secret base pic is better than the preorder pics. In hand, I?m sure we will all say, hello what have we here...

It shouldn't be too hard for them to simply print that inner lining pattern on a shinier fabric. Hopefully that will get corrected on the final figure.

$250 seems kinda high for what you get. I thought for sure it wouldn’t be any more than $230

Back