1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had a problem with any of my Predators. All 10 of them.

I meant the Dreads my bad, thought I typed it, yeah I used to have Jungle Predator, the predator from the first movie and had no problems, but saw a recent pic of Elder Predator, from Pred.2 and the dreads showed a little bit of cracking, and you could see the glue that attached them to the head. Of coarse the pic was like extreme close up but yeah, I don't think they are as bad as the Power Loader, owned that too, and never had problems with the hoses I also never really moved the arms so that might be why.

I'll be buying it with or without a Queen. However with a Queen would be my favorite setup.

Agreed I owned the original, and love the fact that I have a chance to get it again but with better paint applications, and a actual likeness of Ripley this time. And a total attention grabber, when people come over and see it.

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

I've still got the original and still think it is a good addition to my collection. As has been said, I think the only difference between the new one and the old one is the phenomenal paint job. The hose pegs do break easily, but I picked up one of the machined metal replacement sets that someone here was selling a while back to fix that problem (still haven't installed them though). The biggest problem is the craptacular Ripley. I would love to replace her with this new one, but I'm not going to buy a whole new power loader.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415055431.830878.jpg

It's an absolutely jaw-dropping display piece -- especially with the new paint -- but I wouldn't buy it again unless they made a diecast plate of those hose pegs.

It's an absolutely jaw-dropping display piece -- especially with the new paint -- but I wouldn't buy it again unless they made a diecast plate of those hose pegs.

I may be passing on it either way but yeah^ Definitely won't touch it if they haven't fixed that issue and ideally strengthened the joints aswell - a shoulder broke on my old one

The hoses would probably just have the same issues again.

Unless this Power Loader is like the new ED-209, which didn't repeat any of the old models QC issues.

And everyone can pretty much count on that happening all over again.

Which is why I ( and I'm sure countless others who experienced the same problem with the first one) have passed on this. All HT had to do was fix that problem, but there's no indication they did.

How many hose connectors broke on yours?

none I kept it one pose, so they never broke I do that with all my HT's seems like when you touch em to much they have a higher chance of breaking, so I just put it in a static pose and never touched it again, why would I? There is no Queen for here to fight, if I wanted to move something around I would just take out Ripley and play with her and pose her.

Power Loader is a bad toy.

Pointless without a Queen.... or even a legit Aliens alien.
I concur with this -- regardless of old or new power loader. Without a Queen for context, what fun is the power loader? Then there is another disadvantage, IMO, and that is size and articulation. There is only so much you can do with a big figure.

So far, the largest I own is Iron Monger. I love the intimidating presence, but these figures are more-or-less restricted to a hero pose, and that limits their appeal, considering the premium one has to pay for them. Really how many ways can one display power loader Ripley? The claws closed this way or that, forward or to the sides? Not worth the extra cash or space, to me.

If I had one Ripley, it'd be Aliens, fully loaded with gear -- and especially the flamethrower duct-taped together with the machine gun. It's ridiculous if that is not included (basically a deal breaker, IMO, given what a prominent role it has on-screen).

I concur with this -- regardless of old or new power loader. Without a Queen for context, what fun is the power loader? Then there is another disadvantage, IMO, and that is size and articulation. There is only so much you can do with a big figure.

So far, the largest I own is Iron Monger. I love the intimidating presence, but these figures are more-or-less restricted to a hero pose, and that limits their appeal, considering the premium one has to pay for them. Really how many ways can one display power loader Ripley? The claws closed this way or that, forward or to the sides? Not worth the extra cash or space, to me.

If I had one Ripley, it'd be Aliens, fully loaded with gear -- and especially the flamethrower duct-taped together with the machine gun. It's ridiculous if that is not included (basically a deal breaker, IMO, given what a prominent role it has on-screen).

I know people consider HT's adult toys but if they really were toys they would sell these at ToyRus they are more like art pieces to me, but I'm prob. in a small minority. So not a lot of posing is the way I like it, even my human figures are the same I rarely mess with them after I'm set on the pose I want. I might change the pose every couple years.

I know people consider HT's adult toys but if they really were toys they would sell these at ToyRus they are more like art pieces to me, but I'm prob. in a small minority. So not a lot of posing is the way I like it, even my human figures are the same I rarely mess with them after I'm set on the pose I want. I might change the pose every couple years.
You and I are exactly alike. I figure out the pose I want, execute it and place that bad boy on the shelf to be admired like a piece of art. Treating figures this way has left me with minimal damage.

You and I are exactly alike. I figure out the pose I want, execute it and place that bad boy on the shelf to be admired like a piece of art. Treating figures this way has left me with minimal damage.

Same here never had a HT's problem, I hate watching reviews of Robo in fact because they are sooooo rough with him, its a expensive piece of Art not something made by Kenner :( but yeah even the only Batman I once owned original Batman Begins, not the SS release had no problems cause his arms were down and he was very static, it was good for me cause when I had to sell him he was in perfect condition because of my care for him.

Power Loader is a bad toy.

Pointless without a Queen.... or even a legit Aliens alien.

I must admit I have become obsessive with the Aliens line of Hot Toys figures and have bashed together most every character (even Burke)....yet have NEVER felt compelled to buy the loader. I suppose I could put my Spunkmeyer figure in it and fab up a rocket for him to load or something...

I think the Neca figures will scratch the 'loader' itch just fine as it actually can fight the queen.

Back