1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know people consider HT's adult toys but if they really were toys they would sell these at ToyRus they are more like art pieces to me, but I'm prob. in a small minority. So not a lot of posing is the way I like it, even my human figures are the same I rarely mess with them after I'm set on the pose I want. I might change the pose every couple years.
Agreed, they're pop art, but such a big piece being super limited in posing is kind of boring (and I don't think it's Ripley at her most iconic, either -- maybe that's the biggest issue I have with it). I think Hulkbuster will probably be the worst for that, as he'll not only be tall but super clunky. As I said, it's not worth the space/cash premium for me. If you have a lot of both (and really love the property), then it's less of a concern.

If the QC issues from PL V1 carry over into V2, that's just money saved, in my book. Kind of like ED. Nice to have, but don't need either, especially if there are potential headaches down the road.

I'd love to see a Ferro kitbash. Not a pretty woman ordinarily, but slap on a helmet and some aviators...hoo-ah!

coletteferro.jpg

I think the first thing I'll do out the box if they really haven't sorted out the pins-breaking problem is cut them off, dremel some holes and epoxy in some metal pins or something. Shouldn't have to do it, but then we shouldn't have to do other fixes such as making the MMS238 neck thicker either. To me the pins are a minor fix; trying to get the marines look like their movie counterparts took everyone much more effort. Hopefully though, we'll get some better marines down the road.

I hate watching reviewers demonstrate the articulation on a figure. From 'mint' to 'used...very used' in 10 seconds :lol

Its like children, they must have money to burn to be tossing em around like that. I'm very careful with everything I own in general, when I sold most of my DVD's at a used record shop I always get compliments about the cases and the discs being perfect and scratch free. I treat my stuff like a woman gently :rotfl my stuff stands the test of time, and is great for the person I pass it on to on the re sell market.

Its like children, they must have money to burn to be tossing em around like that. I'm very careful with everything I own in general, when I sold most of my DVD's at a used record shop I always get compliments about the cases and the discs being perfect and scratch free. I treat my stuff like a woman gently :rotfl my stuff stands the test of time, and is great for the person I pass it on to on the re sell market.

Then you guys are gonna love this kid. Fabs brought him to our attention.

I think the first thing I'll do out the box if they really haven't sorted out the pins-breaking problem is cut them off, dremel some holes and epoxy in some metal pins or something. Shouldn't have to do it, but then we shouldn't have to do other fixes such as making the MMS238 neck thicker either. To me the pins are a minor fix; trying to get the marines look like their movie counterparts took everyone much more effort. Hopefully though, we'll get some better marines down the road.

Arnold had a skinny neck but that is in the eye of the beholder, no mods on my T1 BD, I know A-Dev is going to kill me, but I am in the 1% that thinks he is fine out of box, but thats just crazy old me. As for the hoses HT's needs to stop using rubber in general, look at ED209 rubber wants to flex back to its original form but stretching it or putting it in a position too long is just bad for it, its like simple science.

Eh? That was a harmless video. I thought it was gonna show the child taking them out and bashing them against each other, swinging them around by a leg etc etc.

Eh? That was a harmless video. I thought it was gonna show the child taking them out and bashing them against each other, swinging them around by a leg etc etc.

I didn't click on it, I did remember seeing another video with a kid showing off his collection, (same one maybe?) but it was bigger than any collection I ever had, and people were joking around about the kid, must of been a different video though.

Everything about this video explains why I don't like kids or their parents that think they're cute.

Yeah kids I guess are a uh acquired taste? I've worked retail most of my life, the saddest thing is watching parents that ignore their kids, you can see all they want is someone to talk to, at least this parent is giving their kid some attention. But I agree with you on "those kinds of parents" Its like your kid ain't that cute :D

Yeah kids I guess are a uh acquired taste? I've worked retail most of my life, the saddest thing is watching parents that ignore their kids, you can see all they want is someone to talk to, at least this parent is giving their kid some attention. But I agree with you on "those kinds of parents" Its like your kid ain't that cute :D

Yeah, could be worse. Could be ignoring or abusing the kid. I just can't stand it when people force pictures or videos of their kids on me. If I wanted to see that stuff I'd make a kid and watch him/her do it.

I'm gonna take all of your Terminators and give them to this kid to review. Go to 1:00 and enjoy!

Sorry Zod, this video seems to be following you around today! ;)

Back