Hot Toys Elite Praetorian Guards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never thought I'd want one of these dudes, but the film totally changed my mind! Thinking of getting the Heavy Blade myself.

The Heavy Blade has some potential too for dynamic poses. Hard to choose:rotfl

What changed your mind? How easily they were dispatched?

They are involved in one of the most iconic scene in Star Wars, or at least TLJ, to my opinion. Much more remorable than Phasma.
Their color will surely bring color on the shelf too and remind the black/red colors used for episode 8.

Also, I decided to restrict my collection only to 1/6 Hot Toys Star Wars 2 years ago due to a lack of space so I will probably get one of those guys. Not the two of them.

They are involved in one of the most iconic scene in Star Wars

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Last edited:
I think the red turds ended up being anti-iconic, pale copies.
I would have been much happier had they recognized Kylo as the new Emperor and spit on the disgusting dip**** lying in two pieces on the floor due to his own hubris, instead of falling on their swords like giant red dildos. Hell, would have been nice if they were actually the Knights.

Last edited:
Man, sometimes it's actually funny to see people get so angry and hateful over a movie and toys LOL.

I know you're relatively new to the forum, but if you think this thread is "angry and hateful" because of difference of opinions, I'm guessing you don't get out much. Actually I'd say its probably one of the tamest post movie releases, I think Star Wars fatigue is setting in for some.

I know you're relatively new to the forum, but if you think this thread is "angry and hateful" because of difference of opinions, I'm guessing you don't get out much. Actually I'd say its probably one of the tamest post movie releases, I think Star Wars fatigue is setting in for some.

I'm not saying this thread is angry and hateful, but it clearly shows that some people dislike this figure a lot, which is fine. You don't like these guards and the movie, thats totally cool, no need to take things personal and attack people who like this figure.

It would actually be cool that they are the Knights of Ren and follow Kylo as you suggested. Being faceless and nameless characters I think their scene is better then expected.

Personally I would love a set up with all 8 guards, with Snoke/Throne, Kylo and Rey. So if HTs makes all of them, I am totally in :)

Personally I would love a set up with all 8 guards, with Snoke/Throne, Kylo and Rey. So if HTs makes all of them, I am totally in :)

Yeah, that scene was dope. I want to watch again to see if they changed the stitching on Kylo's outfit halfway through. Could just be my brain. He has light/goldish stitching at the beginning. By the end it looks black again like TFA. But I'm probably just trippin lol

Yeah, that scene was dope. I want to watch again to see if they changed the stitching on Kylo's outfit halfway through. Could just be my brain. He has light/goldish stitching at the beginning. By the end it looks black again like TFA. But I'm probably just trippin lol

Ha. Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to the outfit detail, but I will next time. :) Seen it twice so far. I need to remember to look for Snoke's ring too next time.

Love the design of these guys and the fact that they actually did something. Will be picking up both and Rey + Kylo.

Yep, "that" scene was what changed my mind! Would love to set up a recreation with Kylo, Rey, and a guard on the shelf!

YES- a guard....or 8!!! I am gonna pre order at least 2 of these dudes. They fought pretty dirty, and also brought out the brutal fighting style of Kylo and Battle Cries from Rey!

Probably my favorite scene in the film! I was like... I have to get me one of them :lol

All my other Hot Toys are generally in museum poses, but my shelf is begging for an action recreation.

The fight scene was pretty great but I can't help but wonder how well these guys would have fared if either Kylo or Rey had bothered to use the force on them at all during the fight.

Waters down their coolness a bit for me.

Back