Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Discussion/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also just a FYI, at the small amounts we are using it should not be an issue but I would recommend latex gloves or just wash off with soap and water after application. It can itch and irritate your skin if left in for a long period of time. Not harmful if comes in contact with the skin, but could cause discomfort.

RMA Approved and returned to SSC for full refund minus shipping.

Everyone that bought this piece trough SSC SHOULD do this.

- Screw member made dome replacements
- Screw do it at home fixes
- Screw the "there will never be another ED" mentality
- Screw the whole "Mine doesn't show any damage yet" (it WILL)

RETURN this now, specially those of us who bought these from SSC here in the US. There's international collectors completely SCREWED that would give their left nut to be able to do this...

Im amazed that SSC are still selling this product in stock to collectors - knowing full well the issue with the inevitable rubber rot.
I used to think they were on the side of the collector. Why haven't they returned all instock product with a warning on the product page.

Thats an excellent question. Everyone is still in denial that this is a widespread issue. Side show should be sending the rest of their stock back to Hot Toys as defective.

Anyone know if the the new Ed dome/main body has the same size than the previous ed?
Maybe someone who has both figures, or even one of those replacement dome made a while ago.
In case it does people who already did replacement dome can re use the same cast and dont need to have the new Ed.

I wrote a review on SS site about the ED. lets see if they will approved for publishing?

as long as its not offensive, they should publish it and not try to hide it. Consumers need to be made aware of this crap. Unfortunately, I can see SSC hiding it because they want to sell these to make their money. Otherwise, they'll have a warehouse full of these things.

Im amazed that SSC are still selling this product in stock to collectors - knowing full well the issue with the inevitable rubber rot.
I used to think they were on the side of the collector. Why haven't they returned all instock product with a warning on the product page.

It was the same with the scratched Batmobiles. They figure only nitpicky collectors will even notice it or take issue and return them while most people are just happy with what they got so they keep on selling them.

Anyone know if the the new Ed dome/main body has the same size than the previous ed?
Maybe someone who has both figures, or even one of those replacement dome made a while ago.
In case it does people who already did replacement dome can re use the same cast and dont need to have the new Ed.

I got a replacement cast for the first ED. It doesn't fit perfectly and I never got around to gluing it on because I'm not exactly sure how to make it stay on. I'll probably have to get a 2-part epoxy to glue it down but it will probably leave glue stains around the edges.

They never publish negative reviews about a piece as far as I know.

Nope. Never have. They always have biased opinions to support their products to make themselves look good.

im going to try to get ahold of some of that silicone rub on stuff. I cannot return it to timcent and would like to preserve it as long as possible

Or, sell it on ebay now before the deterioration becomes visible to the eye(as Im sure its there already)

They don't stop selling their own QC riddled products...why would they do anything different here?

Remember the Samurai Predator issue? That was clearly a missed paint app and was proven by guys who had both xeno heads as you could see the heads had all the paint but the last purple translucent coat. This was, I'm sure, a logistical nightmare to try and fix but nothing on the scale of the Batmobile or ED. They simply made up a story as to why it was that way and told all their customers to just deal with it.

I'm sure their response won't be too different with this. Hot Toys will stonewall the issue, SSCs will look to dodge it by offering some minor pacification or nothing at all.

I got a replacement cast for the first ED. It doesn't fit perfectly and I never got around to gluing it on because I'm not exactly sure how to make it stay on. I'll probably have to get a 2-part epoxy to glue it down but it will probably leave glue stains around the edges.

Do you have the new ED? i ask this because Ashankl did some dome and MIGHT do some again in the future when he is done with his TMNT project (so dont contact him for that now please) but he does not own the new ED. If the old and new Ed dome dimensions are the same then it will help getting it done faster.

Also here is a link to an album from the dedicated facebook page containg pictures (updated as they are available) and infos.
It can be seen and shared even if you are not on facebook so please spread the word.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...73741829.1517114591841715&type=1&l=5112ee0a25

Can the OP put that link in the first post :)

So, first pics from mine.
Not THAT big as with Eisselmann´s, but enough and the gashes doubled over the weekend.
It certainly becomes worse over the course of days and one can see the parts in the rubber where it´s supposed to be tacky, but the spot just became dry and the cracks developed:

21072014_01.jpg
21072014_02.jpg
21072014_03.jpg

Back