Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those ST figures are the joke that keeps on giving to HT and the Sideshow warehouse.

7 years and there's still ST snowtroopers.
Saw someone on a UK Star Wars group having to go down to £65 all in to sell a ST Snowie the other day.

That surprises me. Really expected that one to sell through. Too many Lukes I suppose.
Probably. But it also has to do with how many figures they're making. They probably overproduced Lando and Snowspeeder Luke, while they're showing more restraint with the recent DX Luke releases. Some folks like to rag on the ST figures not selling, but they also have to consider that they were also way overproduced. They conveniently ignore that later ST releases sold out pretty quickly, which most likely had to do with the more limited inventory numbers.

I keep looking at the new Bespin Luke and I just cannot see it. The DX7 looks better. The face to me looks more like Mark Hamil than this version. The one thing that is better is the skin color, but the likeness is NO BUENO!

Someone else said it above. It just looks like a Hasbro headsculpt, except for 12 inch figures. I think the head looks a little fat and chubby is the problem. I keep comparing pics of Bespin from the ESB movie and this and I just don't see this as being a strong likeness.

To each their own, but I just don't see it. I am trying to like it but.....at some point I have to stop trying to fool myself.
Lol DX7 looks like Luke is dead or a zombie to me. This new one looks way more like mark Hamil IMO.

I received my Deluxe Edition Luke today. Not sure the extra $60 was worth it but I had $250 in points and I really dig the Vader helmet accessory. Note: I added the “crotch-grabber” stand.
IMG_0514.jpeg
IMG_0513.jpeg

View attachment 646213

Here’s my Dagobah Luke custom. Very happy with it.

Really disappointed though as the sockets on the body I’m using on him (ROTJ Standard Luke body) split/break, luckily the pegs still sit in there snug enough.

My Yodas ankle joints also both broke, I’m really disappointed in how brittle they were, anyone know if the AOTC Yoda comes with extra ankle pegs? I’m too lazy to check his box lol.
That looks great. I’ve been working on mine for several years and never satisfied with it. I tried the seamless arms route, seamless body route, and finally settled on an articulated muscular body. I like it ok but wish I could put him in a handstand pose or have a more universal body that would accommodate different poses.

Attachments

• IMG_8820.jpeg
    IMG_8820.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I got my DX24 yesterday but didn’t have time to break it open. Not sure if anyone has posted this particular comparison but I saw some definite differences in the color of the hair sculpts.

It looks like the DX has a gold wash which makes it lighter than the Snowspeeder Luke hair that has a more copper wash making it browner.

Attachments

• IMG_3980.jpeg
    IMG_3980.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3981.jpeg
    IMG_3981.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3989.jpeg
    IMG_3989.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3991.jpeg
    IMG_3991.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3995.jpeg
    IMG_3995.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I modified my DX07 years ago to make him shorter as he was too tall for Hamill. Topped in at what would be considered 5’10” instead of 5’8”. Just swapped the lower ball joint legs for regular slim legs with regular ankle pegs.

This Luke seems to be too tall as well but I can’t bring myself to modify it yet. Who knows what the future holds. Not sure what legs they are using but I’d be curious to find out.

Attachments

• IMG_3966.jpeg
    IMG_3966.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3967.jpeg
    IMG_3967.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3968.jpeg
    IMG_3968.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I took a few pics of swaps to see what a mix and match would look like.

Attachments

• IMG_3971.jpeg
    IMG_3971.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3973.jpeg
    IMG_3973.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3977.jpeg
    IMG_3977.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3978.jpeg
    IMG_3978.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Looks like the base is about a 1/16th on an inch taller than the regular HT bases. Not much of a difference but at this scale could be significant to a keen eye. Might try to pick up another base for Vader or perhaps try to mold and cast one.

Back