Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems obvious that if this figure was it, there'd be even some moderate weathering on this figure - the fact there's none at all to me says they wanted to differentiate this figure from a V.2.
...or from the DX07. Remember this is the OT. HT doesn't like to double dip on variations and exclusives, when they generally only do 1-2 figures a year.

He had me convinced the Mando and Bespin Lule sculpts are different, they look it in his video. I like TK421 and his content, but has he ever said a figure ain’t worth the money?
I personally don’t like this new Luke, looks nothing like the guy in Empire.

You guys are looking way too far into this “Belt Gate” thing when the explanation is simple. Scenes where Mark is running or fighting they had to move the pouches and lightsaber ring so they wouldn’t swing and hit him in the nuts.

Seems unaware that the Mando Luke and Bespin Luke share exact same sculpt... after saying goofy DX25 boots are better than the 90% accurate DX07 boots. :slap:lol I mean obviously there's no comparison in cut/sew and sculpt quality between the two, but that's just silly.

And tbh, lack of weathering aside, I still like the DX07 outfit color more - the DX25 is clearly modeled on the prototype/promo shots' outfit color which is a more creamy tan versus the more grey-tan of the on-screen outfit.

I still love this creamy outfit look because of the famous promo shots, and also Hamill's Muppet Show appearance (still one of the best Muppets eps) so will be displaying it in reference to those appearances.

And now that it's 100% clear that the DX25 has really no weathering at all, it makes it pretty clear that there will be another weathered Luke Bespin not far away, maybe more oriented toward Dagobah/training instead of Bespin/duel.

It seems obvious that if this figure was it, there'd be even some moderate weathering on this figure - the fact there's none at all to me says they wanted to differentiate this figure from a V.2.

I like the headsculpt but the super tight, totally clean clothing fresh from the dry cleaners just isn't doing it for me.

This is my favourite look/outfit for Luke Skywalker but this just doesn’t match what's on screen.

Just got my DX Luke in. First thing I did was take a blade to the stitching so I could take the outfit off the figure. It's sewn down the front for the battledress blouse and that is stitched to the trousers to stop it riding up. The trousers are also stitched together at the top, despite there being velcro to keep them together, and also stitched onto the fatsuit underneath.

Just got my DX Luke in. First thing I did was take a blade to the stitching so I could take the outfit off the figure. It's sewn down the front for the battledress blouse and that is stitched to the trousers to stop it riding up. The trousers are also stitched together at the top, despite there being velcro to keep them together, and also stitched onto the fatsuit underneath.

Pics please

They are the same sculpt but they are painted different, The Mando one is more of a tanned finnish & the Bespin one has a lighter more natural fresh faced finnish.
Also the pers eyes colours are slightly different the bespin one has piercing light blue eyeballs whereas the Mando version are more of a deeper blue.

Id love to see the new Bespin headsculpt on Snowspeeder Luke just for kicks.
For me, snowy Luke is one of the best figures to date.

You guys are looking way too far into this “Belt Gate” thing when the explanation is simple. Scenes where Mark is running or fighting they had to move the pouches and lightsaber ring so they wouldn’t swing and hit him in the nuts.
I did this with a flashlight last time I went camping.

Pics please
Sorry I didn’t get any when I was unpicking it all. This is it, obviously not stitched back down on my custom. It’s just a Snowspeeder Luke body with narrow bicep arms.

IMG_6534.jpeg

I have to admit, the DX07 really does show its decade-old age. It's still a great figure, just old.

I would love to see someone who has a really nicely futzed DX07 compared to this new figure. The comparison above is pretty poor because the guy looks like he pulled his DX07 out of an old toy bin without any care or futzing.

I have to admit, the DX07 really does show its decade-old age. It's still a great figure, just old.

I would love to see someone who has a really nicely futzed DX07 compared to this new figure. The comparison above is pretty poor because the guy looks like he pulled his DX07 out of an old toy bin without any care or futzing.
DX07 just looks like that now...the button clasp on the jacket is plastic and barely snaps together, I have tried to futz with it a lot and it just looks like an older figure. The clothing being loose and tattered, while cool and accurate does not fit the body they provided very well. I get why HT went in this fitted direction, while not screen accurate looks better on the shelf.

They look the same to me, other than Lukes wonky ass face at the beginning of the comparison.

Back