Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks my friend- I have no doubt you won’t regret it!

Didn’t mention the base and stuff not a big fan of stuff like that but I really love this one the light up elements are incredible

Yeah, your figure standing on that ESB display stand with the orange light must look incredible. If you ever take a photo of that, please post it!

Every once in awhile Hot Toys really comes through. I saw the complaints when this was shown but TBH I knewtheoriginal was dated for awhile. I don't care about base things even though the weather vain diorama was cool but sacrificing the battle damaged was something I was OK with doing. If Hot Toys does not make new one maybe one day I will make my own out of the new one but I can live without.

Bare bones as it is what a great figure this is. GREAT. The lack of weathering holds it back from a high score for me but in my opinion it destroys every other Luke in likeness by a large mile.

I will say it here now. HT won me over on rotating eyes officially. Never thought id say it but they finally perfected it. If they all can look as good and realistic and the mechanism as well hidden as this well then, color me excited.

I replicated the weathering from the hallway scene as faithfully as I could I also shaved off the pecs and sides of the shoulders/biceps of his body so the suit lay flatter and appeared more structured.

Finally eyelash, eyebrow, moles, mouth and subtle shading tweaks to bring home the fabulous likeness.

Jedi uses the Yunsil outfit.

Fantastic repaint, Ray! (as usual...) :wink1:

The only thing that I am surprised with is that you didn't re-paint the hair. That copper color may look good from a distance but up close or in brighter lighting, it tends to look off.

I'm way behind on my "Luke Skywalker acquisitions". Still need to pick up Snowspeeder Luke. I've managed to hold off on Mando Luke so far. This Bespin Luke is definitely on my list, though.

Yeah I’ve always been sort of iffy on the metallic finishes of the hair but I’ve come around to it as it does look and photograph well in the right lights.

I don’t mind the color of the hair actually I think they did a good job on both his hair always looked darker to me in Jedi and more bronze in empire so I think the two colors of the wigs here look good. But I do feel the snowspeeder hair is too copper colored and I prefer it in the bronze from the bespin figure. It’s the exact same piece

Every once in awhile Hot Toys really comes through. I saw the complaints when this was shown but TBH I knewtheoriginal was dated for awhile. I don't care about base things even though the weather vain diorama was cool but sacrificing the battle damaged was something I was OK with doing. If Hot Toys does not make new one maybe one day I will make my own out of the new one but I can live without.

Bare bones as it is what a great figure this is. GREAT. The lack of weathering holds it back from a high score for me but in my opinion it destroys every other Luke in likeness by a large mile.

I will say it here now. HT won me over on rotating eyes officially. Never thought id say it but they finally perfected it. If they all can look as good and realistic and the mechanism as well hidden as this well then, color me excited.

I replicated the weathering from the hallway scene as faithfully as I could I also shaved off the pecs and sides of the shoulders/biceps of his body so the suit lay flatter and appeared more structured.

Finally eyelash, eyebrow, moles, mouth and subtle shading tweaks to bring home the fabulous likeness.

Jedi uses the Yunsil outfit.

Looks great, but those DX25 boots are pretty bad. Really don't know why HT didn't just remake the Luke Snowspeeder boots in a Dagobah/Bespin color scheme. Very strange.

While this likeness is clearly best, I ended up not replacing as many of my Luke heads with it as I expected. I get the criticisms of it but still like the determination/action on the Luke Jedi facesculpt, and with some swapping of hairsculpts, I think the DX07 facesculpts can still look pretty decent.

tbh without the Liza M hair I think the battle damaged DX07 - though very scene specific - still gives this DX25 sculpt a run for its money in terms of likeness. Paint's a little dated but not by a huge amount.

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking I might need to nab a pair of those and re work them
The old Sideshow Luke Bespin boots are actually also - surprisingly - a good choice. Side by side they are pretty much identical to the HT snowspeeder boots in size and proportions and they are a really quite nicely detailed sculpt, with realistic flaring/drooping of the gaiter front flap edges (which the HT boots don't really have and seem resistant to achieving.)

I always worry about painting pleather - on some varieties it's totally fine on others it can turn sticky over time. Never been able to figure out why some pleathers work for painting and others don't.

I had a close look at the snowspeeder boots and they seem like they should be fine as it tends to be the more shiny pleathers that are a problem and the shinier edges of the snowspeeder ones are more like sail fabric close-up.

Just got this unboxed yesterday and while really nice, I’m a little underwhelmed. It looks great and has a nice sculpt, but It’s not really a dx. It feels like a regular release with a nice base. It’s also way too clean and is lightweight. Maybe I’m just getting bored with the same figures over and over again. I would have preferred yavin ceremony, hoth, or dagobah training with the tank top.

Just got this unboxed yesterday and while really nice, I’m a little underwhelmed. It looks great and has a nice sculpt, but It’s not really a dx. It feels like a regular release with a nice base. It’s also way too clean and is lightweight. Maybe I’m just getting bored with the same figures over and over again. I would have preferred yavin ceremony, hoth, or dagobah training with the tank top.
Outside the "PERS" I agree this feels like a barebones typical release. They're also just slapping the eye-rolling system on almost everything so the delineation between a MMS and DX is only that and nothing else.

As soon as I put the sculpt on the ROTJ Luke though I instantly preferred that figure and made me appreciate the Bespin release a bit more (I've since acquired a DX23 sculpt to have it on both figures). I may look into having the Bespin weathered though, kind gives off doll vibes sometimes with it being so pristine.

Outside the "PERS" I agree this feels like a barebones typical release. They're also just slapping the eye-rolling system on almost everything so the delineation between a MMS and DX is only that and nothing else.

As soon as I put the sculpt on the ROTJ Luke though I instantly preferred that figure and made me appreciate the Bespin release a bit more (I've since acquired a DX23 sculpt to have it on both figures). I may look into having the Bespin weathered though, kind gives off doll vibes sometimes with it being so pristine.

Do you recommend this figure still?

Having all Lukes this figure is recommended, even with DX07. Base and head are worth it. However discounted is ideal or non deluxe if you already have extra Vader severed head.

Having all Lukes this figure is recommended, even with DX07. Base and head are worth it. However discounted is ideal or non deluxe if you already have extra Vader severed head.

I do have that Vader head, so a discount would be nice. I wonder if this will be like Snowspeeder Luke and 6 months from now its still available and on sale? Hope so.

Do you recommend this figure still?
I'd recommend it still, especially if you think you'd be willing to weather it. Also really recommend trying to get a head to upgrade ROTJ. I don't feel the need to upgrade the Snowspeeder Luke, however. That one looks fine to me with the helmet on.

Totally forgot this was coming out. Found some random store selling for retail and took a chance. What head are people using for ROTJ luke now? The deluxe I have is ok, but it's still off

I do have that Vader head, so a discount would be nice. I wonder if this will be like Snowspeeder Luke and 6 months from now its still available and on sale? Hope so.

I hope so too.

I've learned to wait it out for most popular figures and for the most part, have ended up picking them up for significant savings. Sometimes it can be a number of years but it has been worth it, for me. There's always a risk of missing out but those fortunately have been very few.

What sucks is when you pass on a figure because there was no interest in it at that time, only to want it later on and it's gone crazy in the secondary market.

I can see Mando Luke being discounted, not sure about this one though? I did notice this head and the Mando version are getting harder to find for a decent price without getting lucky at TA or MD. I just need one more. I also recommend the figure, but the deluxe feels overpriced. So if you don't need the Vader head or extra base for sure go for the 24.

I can see Mando Luke being discounted, not sure about this one though? I did notice this head and the Mando version are getting harder to find for a decent price without getting lucky at TA or MD. I just need one more. I also recommend the figure, but the deluxe feels overpriced. So if you don't need the Vader head or extra base for sure go for the 24.
New DX head for all previous Luke’s tbh. I’ve already swapped 4 of my Luke’s with it lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0088.jpeg
    IMG_0088.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
New DX head for all previous Luke’s tbh. I’ve already swapped 4 of my Luke’s with it lol.
Yeah I prefer the new sculpt with the standard hair like you have it pictured there. I have that going on with my Mando Luke (ahem, "Post Jedi Luke") with the hair from MMS517. For MMS517 Luke, I have him with the side eye sculpt he comes with sporting the windy hair and I like that look enough to leave it for now. I threw my extra Bespin sculpt on Snowspeeder Luke for helmet holding or Dagobah landing but should I decide to put the helmet on him - I will use the sculpt it came with freeing me up to use that extra Bespin sculpt on the MMS517 Jedi with the Windy hair if I want to do that. And then Bespin Luke has what he comes with.

I need another Bespin/Mando sculpt because I'm thinking about getting the MMS429 for Jabba's Palace/Endor look. I am very late to the Luke game other than ANH, but this new sculpt really inspired me to go crazy:lol

Last edited:
I have all Luke’s and the DX sculpt really is making me replace most if not all eventually. Problem is if they make Artisan Luke down the road I’ll want that too lol. ROTJ Luke is my favorite Luke of all time so only the best for him.

Back