Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me since I'm certain this has been covered on this forum, but are the DX24/25 and DX07 heard sculpts interchangeable, or did Hot Toys sabotage us on that option?

Well I'm late on ordering this guy, but finally got him from Sideshow and had my go at weathering him up. Can't believe HT released him with absolutely zero weathering.
PSX_20230712_151606.jpg
PSX_20230712_152010.jpg
PSX_20230712_151818.jpg
PSX_20230712_154305.jpg
PSX_20230712_151526.jpg
PSX_20230711_234304.jpg
IMG_20230711_232153_018.jpg
ZomboMeme 12072023000403.jpg

Well I'm late on ordering this guy, but finally got him from Sideshow and had my go at weathering him up. Can't believe HT released him with absolutely zero weathering.
Man you need to ask for exchange or refund, for them to give you Luke in dirty and tattered suit and damaged face instead of a pristine clean one is unacceptable.

:p

Amazing work! I wish he looks like that out of the box.

Finally got around to unboxing and posing him.
Really struggled to find a pose I like with this guy for some reason.
He's soooooo clean. Chrome Mando, over the top weathering. Bespin Luke, no weathering at all. What?
I don't necessarily want him to be full on end of Vader fight battle damaged but some dirt and staining.
His suit may be cleanish when he first wears it but it's pretty quickly dirtied up on Dagobah.
In the same way the season 2 Chrome Mando seems to represent 1 scene from the beginning of ep2 of season 2 and ignores the many more times his armour is clean in the 2nd season, this release seems to be from the 30 seconds the suit was clean in TESB.
Anyway, not sure about this one. If HT did a battle damaged version, one that looked like the one Rzeznikk posted pics of, I'd probably sell this version for that one.
He's just too clean.
I've been painting miniatures, models and the odd action figure for nearly 40 years so I've got some skill and experience but I've never weathered fabric.
I do have various Tamiya weathering kits which ought to work with this, but I don't want to risk messing it up.

Attachments

• 20230711_170637.jpg
    20230711_170637.jpg
    810 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'd urge everyone to wait until SDCC is underway before taking out the weathering paints/pastels.

If a weathered Dagobah version doesn't materialize in those first two days, then go for it. It's still possible it could randomly pop up (if it's going to that is...) in the next few months but SDCC will be a good opportunity to launch it... if they are going to.

There are a few "suspicious" hints people have pointed out - this fig seemed to ship many months early, it has basically no weathering at all despite the outfit being known for weathered, and the accessories seem to be light on the Dagobah end of things (straight DX07 re-release Vader helmet, zero-effort stand)

Finally got around to unboxing and posing him.
Really struggled to find a pose I like with this guy for some reason.
He's soooooo clean. Chrome Mando, over the top weathering. Bespin Luke, no weathering at all. What?
I don't necessarily want him to be full on end of Vader fight battle damaged but some dirt and staining.
His suit may be cleanish when he first wears it but it's pretty quickly dirtied up on Dagobah.
In the same way the season 2 Chrome Mando seems to represent 1 scene from the beginning of ep2 of season 2 and ignores the many more times his armour is clean in the 2nd season, this release seems to be from the 30 seconds the suit was clean in TESB.
Anyway, not sure about this one. If HT did a battle damaged version, one that looked like the one Rzeznikk posted pics of, I'd probably sell this version for that one.
He's just too clean.
I've been painting miniatures, models and the odd action figure for nearly 40 years so I've got some skill and experience but I've never weathered fabric.
I do have various Tamiya weathering kits which ought to work with this, but I don't want to risk messing it up.
It's never clean onscreen; even upon Dagobah arrival it's a bit weathered and a bit torn.

This outfit is indeed glimpsed in the Hoth medical center (21B farewell) so it's likely clean there where he's just put it on. :dunno

Back