Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t forget the deleted scene Tatooine Luke brown belt with floppy hat and binoculars.
luke-skywalker_star-wars_gallery_5c62046dda783.jpg

I feel like not getting the Han Solo doll I want shouldn't make me feel so sad.

*But it DOES.
it’s in the top 5 (maybe even top 3) worst things in my life right now.
I know there are people living on dirt floors with no running water and dealing with horrible life problems.
I bet even they are angry about no ot han figures for the last several decades.

I too am very frustrated at the lack of Han Solo figures.
How can you build a decent OT collection without a Han?
I was looking at getting the ANH version or the 2 pack with Chewie. Nope, not at those prices.

It is a strange phenomenon that we haven’t gotten an OT Han since the Stormtrooper Han release. The last Harrison Ford Star Wars figure was from The Force Awakens so clearly it’s not a likeness problem unless the OT is somehow different than the ST in regards to contract provisions?

It is a strange phenomenon that we haven’t gotten an OT Han since the Stormtrooper Han release. The last Harrison Ford Star Wars figure was from The Force Awakens so clearly it’s not a likeness problem unless the OT is somehow different than the ST in regards to contract provisions?
I think after the ST he probably decided he was done with SW for good, and stopped giving out any approvals for his likeness. Or at least for anything in 1/6.

At least assuming this is a Ford thing and not a Howard Chan thing. Although Chan is such a big SW fan I can't imagine anything would keep him from wanting to make Han figures if he could.

The lack of a Bespin Han and Endor Han in my collection is rather annoying. We have great Luke and Leia figures. It does look rather glaring in my OT display area without the two other main OT Han Solo variants.

Finally got to open my exclusive. I hear the complaints, but honestly, I’m loving this figure. I missed out on the original, so I’m excited to have a second chance at my favorite version of Luke.
I’ll feel similarly about the ROTJ Vader, I’m sure. The reuse of various parts doesn’t matter much if you never had the original in the first place! 😄

It's a little strange that no one seems able to make a basic public statement about what the situation is, leaving people to guess year after year. Why not just come out and say what the hold up is?

It's also strange that it seems other Han collectibles at various scales with HF's likeness have come out in the past few years, yet 1/6 seems to be the sole holdout.
There's got to be something up. How many Lukes have we gotten? Leias?
We have the 2 Hans from ANH and elderly dead beat dad Han from TFA.

We all know how proud Howard is to get actors to pose with his figures. Now Imagine him popping his popcorn and sitting down to watch this - the American (world?) television debut of any HT figure..

..and then note we haven't had a Han or Indy figure since. I really believe it's that simple.

We all know how proud Howard is to get actors to pose with his figures. Now Imagine him popping his popcorn and sitting down to watch this - the American (world?) television debut of any HT figure..

..and then note we haven't had a Han or Indy figure since. I really believe it's that simple.

Ford did this in Dec 2015. HT announced both the TFA figure (June 2016) and the Solo stormtrooper (April 2017) after this date. Maybe Howard was slow to see this?

It’s a shame. He could have sold the Han hot toy he destroyed on the secondary market for a good chunk of change.
I’m sure Howard is proud of his product and that really could have made him swear off any Harrison figures. Not a peep about an Indy hot toy, especially with a new movie on the way to destroy the franchise more than the last movie. I hope I’m wrong.

Ford did this in Dec 2015. HT announced both the TFA figure (June 2016) and the Solo stormtrooper (April 2017) after this date. Maybe Howard was slow to see this?
Or those were already in production and slated for release. Who knows, Howard, Harrison, Lucas film, Disney, the emperor, any of them could be to blame. All I know is, we are getting screwed without our Han Dollie’s.

LEGO collectors see Harrison Ford dropping "$5,000" LEGO Millennium Falcon: "oh, haha, that's a funny comedy skit"

Figure collectors see Harrison Ford destroying $250 Hot Toys figure: "Oh, he's so disrespectful. Howard Chan must hate him now"

They did tease a Bespin Han in the Leia pics well after that, so it seems pretty clear that there were plans to make more Han figures.

And the Fallon thing was obviously more a joke about Ford's injury on TFA and not any kind of criticism of the figure, so I doubt Howard ever took it that seriously.

Gotta say though, it IS impressive just how quickly Ford was able to completely demolish that figure with just a couple twists of the hand. 😄

Took a quick shot of this guy today under the octobox and photoshopped a saber effect quick. I don't even prefer this hairstyle for this figure and I think he looks great. I'll take and upload some more stuff soon when I get a chance to really play around.

I think he's a great figure. I've found lately that I've kind of amassed a bit too many 1/6 figures for my limited amount of space and tend to get a bit of anxiety after getting anything new while I'm thinking of storing the boxes and all the accessories but also leaving them accessible (even with one of those plastic tool boxes for all the accessories with labels). But, with this one in particular, I've found that the simplicity of the outfit and the minimal but straight forward accessories really hits perfectly for me. Some of the figures I've gotten recently have so many small parts and fabric/clothing that are delicate and subject to bad wrinkling and deterioration depending on their pose, and I don't feel that way with this figure which is a bit of fresh air. I really love both bases too, especially the LED base (and finally its USB!).

luke-tv-test-with-octo-degobah.jpg

Back