Hot Toys DX15 - Whats it gonna be

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They ship from Korea, and you live in the US. Have you ever shipped a boxed 1/6 fig internationally with tracking/insurance? It ain't cheap.

Like LJ said, shipping will never make or break me for a grail :lol

Regardless, this thread is way off course.

Sir i agree. There must be 50 pct buyer from US? Some less some more. Can it not be bulk shipped. The issue is that no one is thinking on these things. I know the reason why its not being shipped in bulk but its above me to discuss all this. All i am saying is in a business all model of working should be evaluated. A true collector am sure has brains and knows there is a shipping cost for all stuff that actually goes in the figure (before its made) already included in it? ... Or everyone leaves shipping cost / logistics aside. You can chose to ignore but that does not mean u dint spend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Every figure I get from just about anywhere to Oz costs around $40+ for shipping. Many of the Euro guys get stung by taxes and duties. You're right, it's not an insignificant sum. But it is what it is, there's no avoiding it. That's why $430 + $43 shipping is way cheaper than $473.

You said you agree Leon but the rest of your post sounds like you disagree. I'm confused :lol

I'd think that they have explored multiple shipping options internationally and settled what was most cost effective/easiest for them. I find it hard to believe any company isn't thinking about cutting costs in any department.

I don't disagree that the shipping cost is significant. I don't think it has been used to drive the price tag up on this particular set either.

You said you agree Leon but the rest of your post sounds like you disagree. I'm confused :lol

I'd think that they have explored multiple shipping options internationally and settled what was most cost effective/easiest for them. I find it hard to believe any company isn't thinking about cutting costs in any department.

I don't disagree that the shipping cost is significant. I don't think it has been used to drive the price tag up on this particular set either.

Sleepy i guess :( I agree on shipping being expensive to US from Korea. But i buy so many things from ebay that gets shipped at peanuts of a cost. these usually cannot be shipped in bulk in my view may be cause of licensing, same reason why these days things are not being numbered as then things can get tracked. Just my view and i may be wrong. So in essence you and i pay full shipment charge at peak price. So to me its a cost i include in the figure cost. Basically a cost that i pay to get the figure all the way to my shelf barring insignificant costs is the total cost to me. Also, no matter what anyone says its a very high profit margin business, as no licencing cost on custom figures, which are getting more more expensive for hot toys as organisations are realising how much they can mint form us and hot toys just passes that to us. Hence by my logic customs should not be 3-4 times the rate of regular figures. Upto about 150-180 pct is good considering no economies of scale but also no multiple licence fees! , no sales overhead, not much customer support overhead, no shops, showrooms, exhibitions to participate and no Marketing spend !!! ... SGnA is usually 22-25 pct for any organisation and for cutom organisations less than 10 pct. to add to that no licence fees etc. so the cost efficiencies of 20 odd percent that hot toys achieves for mass production probably get offsetted by low or minimal SGnA and no licensing etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

K no more talk about customs thanks despite the riveting conversation :rolleyes:

I'm hoping for
Back to the Future Marty
Batman Returns Keaton, Pfeiffer or Devito
Han Solo

Really hope its not an Anakin DX, the mime Joker DX is a huge waste, nothing "DX" about it, what like 4 hands and a dart? How the hell that got made into a DX is beyond me.

Last edited:
I really hope they do the batman returns figs soon, but do you think they'd do 3 DX's? I also really want an anakin dx fig. Imagine how dope that'd be?! I feel like they'd do a 2 fig, one battle damaged one like Luke. Sorry if this has been mentioned lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..the museum Joker DX is a huge waste, nothing "DX" about it, what like 4 hands and a dart? How the hell that got made into a DX is beyond me.

How is it a waste? :lol

Apart from it being a sensational figure - & another great piece for Burton Batman / Nicholson fans, they'll keep making them, & we have no idea what's around the corner anyway. :)

The PERS plus the overall packaging / presentation puts it in the DX category. Btw, DX14 is the mime version - not the museum appearance. :wink1:

Last edited:
How is it a waste? :lol

Apart from it being a sensational figure - & another great piece for Burton Batman / Nicholson fans, they'll keep making them, & we have no idea what's around the corner anyway. :)

The PERS plus the overall packaging / presentation puts it in the DX category. Btw, DX14 is the mime version - not the museum appearance. :wink1:

I guess PERS is the really only thing that makes it a "DX" for me, DX is deluxe, as in something an MMS doesnt have.

I feel this could have easily been an MMS and it would have been 40-50$ cheaper, but thats just my opinion

DX 13 T2 is nothing without DX 15 Rambo.

Give me Rambo and McFly and I am happy.

Batman Returns - Batman,Catwoman and Penguin

SW PT - Old Anakin and Darth Maul

SW OT - ALL !! :lol

:pray:

DX 13 T2 is nothing without DX 15 Rambo..

Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.gif

DX Rocky, billy jean Michael Jackson (yea a new one, i missed out on the last one), and god Bruce Lee.

Back