Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just received Jack! (just 2 days from Malaysia to Spain... amazing). Unfortunately they've crushed me with custom duties... almost 45$, that hurts...

I will pay almost 100$ for duties so you are lucky. Where did you ordered Jack?

47F41DC9-4FF1-41D5-BC9F-2605CB02AE7B.jpg

Awesome figure

Got mine Friday from KG Hobby :) had a quick look and now it's back in the box until I've finished my games/display room.
Looks awesome.

Got mine last Friday as well.

Stunning set all round.

I was going to use a spare DX06 hat on him, but it was too small. New Jack has a big head!

Any case I'm happy enough with the new tricorn on him.

Got mine last Friday as well.

Stunning set all round.

I was going to use a spare DX06 hat on him, but it was too small. New Jack has a big head!

Any case I'm happy enough with the new tricorn on him.
It is smaller and that is why it looks so much better with the DX06 hat. It stays fine too for mine.

The DX15 hat sucks so much.

Post pics guys!

Really disappointed in BBTS. Not sure why they are "last in" with their orders from Sideshow considering they are likely one of its largest retailers. Would love to know what is going on between them right now. Clearly there's some power struggle happening.

That presumes that these other shops get stock from Sideshow, and even so, they could get smaller amounts than BBTS does, who stocks 100+ of popular things sometimes, and perhaps it's fill all orders or not with Sideshow, like if a shop is expecting 10, and they have 10 to spare, send them, if a shop ordered 50 and only 20 are free, they might wait to get all 50. Unfortunately, it's just the pain of Sideshow being a middle man.

Last post about Sideshow was 14 day notice on 4/26, that means more orders should go out on 5/10, presumably 10 day notices around that date for BBTS if Sideshow gets enough to stock them and not just their own orders. If we get to 5/15 with still no word, then it will become very frustrating.

Toys 2 still hasn't gotten stock either and they've always been one to get HT early, sometimes even sooner than Sideshow.

https://www.toys2.net/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Dead-Men-Tell-No-Tales-1-6th-scale-Jack-Sparrow.html

I feel like the greatest fault probably lies with Hot Toys, again, getting Widow out as fast as they did, something seems questionable about their production.

Well, then Sideshow should be ordering enough to satisfy the bulk of the preorders on first shipment, not this new trickle they do to protect themselves for overstock.

If what you say is the way it works, then I would think BBTS would have some words for Sideshow.

I've been looking for an alternative to my preorder since its been delayed. I'm sure many people are. If BBTS gets enough cancelations due to delayed stock, who do you think they'll blame?

Fair point, but I don't think that'll happen, like you've I've been watching eBay and shops like Toys2, I'm hesitant with eBay because I might get my money back if there's a problem but not guaranteed a new figure, where BBTS and Toys2 would cover me with replacements and such, but it seems short stock all over, so those in HK or fortunate enough their shops have gotten stock seem among the chosen right now.

... where BBTS and Toys2 would cover me with replacements ...

Not if they don't have the stock.

I had a real problem with BBTS not long ago over a replacement part. They wanted me to ship the whole figure back when I just needed a small part. I didn't want to risk something else being wrong on a whole new figure, so I reached out to Sideshow directly. After I went direct to Sideshow, BBTS finally sent the replacement part, albeit reluctantly. No idea why.

Interesting, I had a paint scrape on the face of my Enterbay T-800 and they'd gone out of stock shortly after my order and I was worried they couldn't do anything, they just had me mail in the head and sent me a new one.

So what is the benefit of ordering from BBTS over Sideshow? Do you guys have unused credits left or coupons there?

BBTS used to be great, sent whatever you needed. Now, more and more, its like Sideshow: send us the entire figure back. They are quick to solve your issue, so I have no problem with their CS... but the gamble you take on getting an entire new figure these days is troublesome and I hate to gamble... especially when they could just send the small part and problem solved.

So what is the benefit of ordering from BBTS over Sideshow?

$4 shipping.

But now you need to balance $4 shipping with 2-3 month delay in getting your figure.

I'm hearing AlterEgo is offering cheap shipping and they have points.

Also, TimeWalker Toys is catching my attention because they have lower than usual pricing plus free ship over $350 (and the way figures are headed, it won't be long for that to equate to one figure).

I'm looking to hang my hat somewhere else.

Just $4 on shipping? I guess it all adds up if you buy many figures but it seems more hassle in the long run. If Sideshow is the one importing Hot Toys I’d rather just buy it from the source.

More importantly, how much different is the hat on the second batch? And what do you reckon the price would be for a custom series one if someone would make some?

2nd batch hasn't arrived yet.

No idea on the custom series.... if you mean piecing it together. If you mean a full ground-up custom build, then much cheaper to buy HT.

Back