HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon this will be a bare bones release for a DX - they seem to be charging big for almost nothing these days, so this may follow suit.

I bet they release a Keaton-man periphery set down the line - including the glider. :lol

DX26. Cuh-Caw!

filming-scenes-for-movie-birdman-10.jpg

With additional figure with alternate head featuring authentic Michael Keaton likeness.

birdman.jpg

I think this is the main problem with "collectors" these days. Its filled with true fans of movies ( a minority) and those who are just trying to cling on to something new (majority). I have never bought any of the Dark Knight Nolan stuff because I know ten years from now it will NOT be remembered as much as Burtons Batman Movies AND I have no heart for it. Ive seen lots of collectors buy Avengers marvel stuff, Iron Man crap, Varients etc etc, only to sell them months from that purchase... There is a reason there is this much discussion on this Returns Batman figure forum about a figure that has not even had an official press release vs so many other super hero sci fi figures.

If you don't have a heart for something don't buy it, and don't try to pretend you are some sort of pop culture fan when in reality so many people here just want to jump on whatever is new to appear to be hip or cool. Just be you. Furthermore just because something is new does not make it better. Like I said twenty years from now Batman Returns will still be remembered...Iron Man 3 and Dark Knight Rises...???...that I am not so sure of.

Stuff I buy, is stuff that I like and stuff that I am a fan of.

:rotfl

Nolan Trilogy > Burton Batman
Avengers > Burton Batman

It is crazy for you to think that those movies will not be remembered.
See you in 2018 when Hot Toys release The Joker 3.0 on the tenth anniversary.

The Dark Knight trilogy was *the* definitive Batman interpretation I'd been waiting for.

But ironically, by being a little too "real world" it made me appreciate the fantasy of the Burtonverse more.

And now of course we have to see how Battfleck pans out...

Part of me hopes that this is $300+ and doesn't come with a Bruce Wayne headsculpt or glider so I'm not tempted to buy it.

These figures and this hobby have been turning me off lately, I'd like Sideshow and Hot Toys to do something really outrageous to really kill my interest.

Watch it be $295, you have to go for it then, lol

Shouldn't be too long now; they just posted up that Appleseed robot, so, we're getting danger close to the end of the line for SDCC stuff. In fact, the only things I can think of now are the Ripleys, the Gordon/Blake two-pack, and this guy.

Avengers > Burton Batman

With the amount of superhero movies that will bombard the general public in the next couple of years, it wouldn't surprise me if "teh Nolan TRILOGY" and Avengers get swept away much like Burton Batman has. We'll have two or three more Avengers movies. More solo movies with Cap and Iron Man. We have Batman vs. Superman which will feature a Batman for yet another generation. Then Justice League. Then Batman and Superman solo movies. Then more solo movies.

2018, Joker 3.0 you say? Yeah right, 2018 will be BOOKED with superhero movies (if this trend lasts the next couple of years).

Then if Affleck gets his own Joker . . . .

Watch it be $295, you have to go for it then, lol

:lol

Shouldn't be too long now; they just posted up that Appleseed robot, so, we're getting danger close to the end of the line for SDCC stuff. In fact, the only things I can think of now are the Ripleys, the Gordon/Blake two-pack, and this guy.

And Drax, don't forget Drax.

I can't believe I forgot Drax. When's Guardians hit DVD and Blu? I wonder if they aren't holding him back for that.

First alternate mouthplate, Batman blows up the big, bald guy.

tumblr_msoljiOTFi1qa69wso4_r1_500.gif

Second alternate mouthplate, Batman's pervy grin while Catwoman feels him up.

BR_Catwoman_scratch_Batman.jpg

And what's the latest on this, HT?

catwomanbed.jpg

Yup.

- neutral (the face plate we've seen)
- sadistic smile
- you can feel me any time Catwoman
- pissed off

I think this is the main problem with "collectors" these days. Its filled with true fans of movies ( a minority) and those who are just trying to cling on to something new (majority). I have never bought any of the Dark Knight Nolan stuff because I know ten years from now it will NOT be remembered as much as Burtons Batman Movies AND I have no heart for it. Ive seen lots of collectors buy Avengers marvel stuff, Iron Man crap, Varients etc etc, only to sell them months from that purchase... There is a reason there is this much discussion on this Returns Batman figure forum about a figure that has not even had an official press release vs so many other super hero sci fi figures.

If you don't have a heart for something don't buy it, and don't try to pretend you are some sort of pop culture fan when in reality so many people here just want to jump on whatever is new to appear to be hip or cool. Just be you. Furthermore just because something is new does not make it better. Like I said twenty years from now Batman Returns will still be remembered...Iron Man 3 and Dark Knight Rises...???...that I am not so sure of.

I agree with you so much I want to cry.

GOTG
Avengers
Iron Man 1,2,3,4,5,6
A lot of other Hero films

While entertaining, I don't believe they are figure worthy, at least for me. It's unbelievable the amount of "bought" and "instant PO" posts on newly released crap, by the same people, and then of course selling them later at a loss... Lol, wtf is the point?

This thread, and the "HT announces BR" (that had thousands of posts without a single glimpse of the figure) clearly, like you said, shows what collecting is all about imo. Great, classic films that most (if not all) of us thought we would never get quality figures from.

Hell, they just showed a teaser of "Hulkbuster" today and everybody is going absolutely nuts on FB.. I just don't get it! Some even say "my wallet is ready, HT""rape prices here we come"... Amazing.

Oh well, as long as it funds HT to make more iconic figures here and then I guess I'm fine with that. Lol.

Avengers > Burton Batman

See you in 2018 when Hot Toys release The Joker 3.0 on the tenth anniversary.

I was going to say something, but Fabio explains it best.

With the amount of superhero movies that will bombard the general public in the next couple of years, it wouldn't surprise me if "teh Nolan TRILOGY" and Avengers get swept away much like Burton Batman has. We'll have two or three more Avengers movies. More solo movies with Cap and Iron Man. We have Batman vs. Superman which will feature a Batman for yet another generation. Then Justice League. Then Batman and Superman solo movies. Then more solo movies.

2018, Joker 3.0 you say? Yeah right, 2018 will be BOOKED with superhero movies (if this trend lasts the next couple of years).

It's so overly saturated, it's not even fun anymore.

I'm glad that my younger self was around the time when superhero movies were rare, and amazing. I'm so lucky to have been around Batmania. None of this **** compares.

I agree with you up to a point, but there are always exceptions, usually based around an iconic performance. The Raimi Spider-Man movies were great for their time, but there's nothing in them that can't be replaced. I agree about Avengers, Iron Man etc, people will move on and while RDJ is fun in the role, again, it's like James Bond, it can be recast. The Burton Batman I'd say avoids this category because of the art direction. Other exceptions for me are the first two Reeve Superman movies - because of his incredible performance, and the pitch-perfect direction by Donner (let's not mention 'can you read my mind') - and The Dark Knight, because although you might be sick of figures from the Nolanverse that film has a performance in it as iconic as Reeve's and a script that makes it The Godfather of superhero movies, something really profound and cathartic. But yeah, Thor 2 isn't exactly going to be remembered in 20 years time.

Then if Affleck gets his own Joker . . . .

:lol

And Drax, don't forget Drax.

DC has no plan whatsoever for movie releases when compared to Marvel. I doubt Batman will get another solo trilogy in the next ten years. He will be in Justice League if that even is made. It is crazy for anyone to think those Nolan Batman movies will be forgotten considering the last two were in the top 10 for most grossing movies of all time. Bats vs Superman will come nowhere close to top 10, considering the failure of MoS and 50/50 split of liking Ben as Batman and not liking him. No way Joker makes another appearance so soon considering how well liked Heath was as Joker.

Also I am talking about the Avengers trilogy, not just the first one. Avengers was one of the top grossing movies of all time (#3), the second and then the third will top it and making it one of the most well known trilogies of all time. Has Titantic got swept away? Has Star Wars? Has Gone with the Wind? No. Because they are all top grossing movies that have stood the test of time, just like Avegers and Nolan Batman will. Numbers never lie.

Also, Ledger Joker sells. He will get a 3.0 release by 2018. With the amount of superhero movies coming out and the licenses Hot Toys will get, I am sure they will expand to meet demand.

To agree with some of you on certain points, yes odd ball hero movies will not be remembered. Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man. With Hulk having two movies and the rest eventually getting three, they will be lost in the shuffle. I am sure some will stand above others, but these do not compare to Nolan Batman or Avengers.

I guess you missed DC/WB's list of upcoming DC films? They have a whole slew of them planned after BvS. I agree with you, but they do have a schedule it seems, whether they'll fulfill it or not is up in the air.

For 20 years people said that Nicholson Joker would never be topped and that there shouldn't be a new Joker. Ledger came along and everyone hated the idea, the love for Nicholson was even stronger. Then, Ledger blew everyone away. If BvS is a success and the solo movies planned for Affleck Batman come to fruition, you can bet there will be a new Joker by a new actor. Sure, people will ***** and moan "but Heath was teh best", but that didn't stop them from the jump between Nicholson and Ledger.

As for dolls, I don't think anyone really cares. Ledger Joker sells? There's a demand to meet? Then explain that Bank Robber Joker that's not selling on Sideshow. It's been warming their inventory for months? The Donner Superman and Burton Batman films used to be hailed as "teh greats" with their "top 10 box office draws" and they got swept away so to speak (even though there's been a revival). Nolan Batman and the Avengers aren't even a decade old yet, it's only a matter of time before they're ancient history. I remember when Raimi Spider-Man was a big deal for years, look what happened with that.

If what you say is true, what the hell happened with James Cameron's Avatar? That was a big deal a few years ago right? Huge box office draw then . . . . it was over. Nobody really cares. The merch doesn't sell, nobody really talks about it, it just sort of faded away.

I guess you missed DC/WB's list of upcoming DC films? They have a whole slew of them planned after BvS. I agree with you, but they do have a schedule it seems, whether they'll fulfill it or not is up in the air.

Yeah, I have a feeling audiences might have superhero fatigue before they can roll them all out.

If what you say is true, what the hell happened with James Cameron's Avatar? That was a big deal a few years ago right? Huge box office draw then . . . . it was over. Nobody really cares. The merch doesn't sell, nobody really talks about it, it just sort of faded away.

Cameron is based in New Zealand now working on three sequels!

Nolan Trilogy = Burton Batman
Avengers <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Burton Batman

See you in 2019 when Hot Toys release The Nicholson Joker 6.0 on the thirtieth anniversary.

QFT! :lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back