HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the price of the DOFP Wolverine, I wonder how much this bad boy will end up being?

After seeing the price of the DOFP Wolverine, I wonder how much this bad boy will end up being?

300 minimum...I can see it as high as 500. Im ok with that because I don't buy every release from hot toys and I am thoughtful with my money. A person who isn't mindless shouldn't be worried about those prices...

No way in hell this thing would ever be $500. HT's prices have gone up, but Jesus; Howard isn't that crazy. My guess is $275 to $300, and the latter is dependent on the glider. If they have the alternate faceplates and the Wayne head, then $275 is about what I'd estimate. Glider, too? I'd go with $300.

I hope that HT is pushing back this PO in order to tease us with Cat or Penguin.

I think if anything they will be showing us more SW stuff soon

Agreed, that and Iron Man variants from Iron Man 3, probably another Predator, and a retooled Joker from Dark knight. I wish it wasn't so, but its what all these people on this forum are asking for, so Hot Toys is going to give it to them...:slap

Very hard to tell...

Chewbacca which I would expect to be around $300 is $254
BD Robocop without any die cast, sound feature is only $5 less than Regular @$295 (not to thrilled about this one)
DOFP Wolverine is $254 and bare boned WTF edition
Elder Predator detailed as **** $225
BD T1 Terminator two heads light up feature diorama base $230

Prices are everywhere between 2013 - 2014

No way in hell this thing would ever be $500. HT's prices have gone up, but Jesus; Howard isn't that crazy. My guess is $275 to $300, and the latter is dependent on the glider. If they have the alternate faceplates and the Wayne head, then $275 is about what I'd estimate. Glider, too? I'd go with $300.
Considering the DX11 and 12 were $275 and $260, this thing will be around those prices. Add in the potential Wayne head and maybe ripped cowl, and probably $275. We could get a diorama piece, not sure what....

Part of me hopes that this is $300+ and doesn't come with a Bruce Wayne headsculpt or glider so I'm not tempted to buy it.

These figures and this hobby have been turning me off lately, I'd like Sideshow and Hot Toys to do something really outrageous to really kill my interest.

Part of me hopes that this is $300+ and doesn't come with a Bruce Wayne headsculpt or glider so I'm not tempted to buy it.

These figures and this hobby have been turning me off lately, I'd like Sideshow and Hot Toys to do something really outrageous to really kill my interest.

Uh-oh. Just make sure you don't sell off everything in a fit of self-loathing then find yourself buying it all again in three years time for treble the price...

Uh-oh. Just make sure you don't sell off everything in a fit of self-loathing then find yourself buying it all again in three years time for treble the price...

I've already sold a good bit of the Hot Toys Dark Knight stuff off. I've never re-bought something I've sold.

the other from the movie wolverine still in stock, double rewards, free shipping and 10% off, so people should have no worries getting that one at a less price. Prices are getting ridiculous, I want the robocop/murphy set but as a new collector those prices are tuning me off.

I think this is the main problem with "collectors" these days. Its filled with true fans of movies ( a minority) and those who are just trying to cling on to something new (majority). I have never bought any of the Dark Knight Nolan stuff because I know ten years from now it will NOT be remembered as much as Burtons Batman Movies AND I have no heart for it. Ive seen lots of collectors buy Avengers marvel stuff, Iron Man crap, Varients etc etc, only to sell them months from that purchase... There is a reason there is this much discussion on this Returns Batman figure forum about a figure that has not even had an official press release vs so many other super hero sci fi figures.

If you don't have a heart for something don't buy it, and don't try to pretend you are some sort of pop culture fan when in reality so many people here just want to jump on whatever is new to appear to be hip or cool. Just be you. Furthermore just because something is new does not make it better. Like I said twenty years from now Batman Returns will still be remembered...Iron Man 3 and Dark Knight Rises...???...that I am not so sure of.

Stuff I buy, is stuff that I like and stuff that I am a fan of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back