HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah the old "gold vs. yellow" belt debate. :lol It's happened with every figure from Mattel to Hot Toys.

Hot Toys' original DX 09 prototype had the perfect color in my opinion,

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg

What color it really is? I dunno. Some pics and shots it looks yellow, other time it looks dark mustard yellow, other times it's gold.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mich...psule-Utility-Belt/756090324419045?ref=stream

The belt was never gold on screen. I think it was only gold for the promotional shots. Rewatching the movie and it's a mustard yellow throughout the entire thing.

14734440222_a31427ca18_b.jpg

14732365164_329a39bdd9_b.jpg

14548289917_da39c32620_b.jpg

14734731345_943f49815e_b.jpg

Again, I said "not a gold-gold". I think people are literally thinking gold like a Fort Knox gold bar.

Well to simplify things, the Batman '89 belt was very bright yellow, whereas the BR belt seemed much darker -- be it mustard or gold or whatever. The one on the current figure looks brighter, like the '89 belt to me... but I guess we'd have to see a side by side to know for sure.

Yeah, in that regard the '89 suit had better armor. He ****ing ate bullets in the first one.

Though, I guess to be fair Catwoman was feelin' around looking for a weak spot. Pretty ****ed considering Batman just saved her ass from plummeting to the street. :lol

I don't know whether its hot toys doing their usual "stylizing" or whatever but I'm really loving this fig suit wise more than I thought I would. Especially the cowl which always looked a little "off" to me in the film, in some scenes it looked a little cheap or something

Well the big 3 from this movie are gona easily cost 300 each. Taxes and shipping. Get your 1000 bucks ready!

It's funny how we all assume Hot Toys will completely nail every likeness they attempt. We're all--myself included--clamoring for a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman and it hasn't occurred to any of us that the final headsculpt might disappoint. And I think that's because, as a rule, Hot Toys headsculpts never disappoint. I fully expect them to knock Pfeiffer's likeness out of the park. It's funny though, how completely confident I am that they will. That's the kind of confidence that Keaton headsculpt buys a company. Not to mention Christopher Reeve--which I believe is the best sculpt Hot Toys has ever done, and that's high praise.

Yeah, in that regard the '89 suit had better armor. He ****ing ate bullets in the first one.

Though, I guess to be fair Catwoman was feelin' around looking for a weak spot. Pretty ****ed considering Batman just saved her ass from plummeting to the street. :lol

He did acid bomb her prior.... LOL She did "save" him earlier, sort of, haha

I can't wait to see the accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back