HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can blame hot toys? How's that? What DC movie is neglected, other then returns? Which may or may not get made, but that may or may not be hot toys fault.

Green lantern is the only modern (last 15-20 years). With batman and robin and batman forever though I would buy the figures, I don't know that they would sell well.

Hot toys has gone to more obscure sources for DC them they have for marvel. There are no Marvel TV character figures (coulson was from avengers when made). But DC has Batman and Robin from the 60s show. There are no Marvel video game figures. But DC has Arkham batman. hot toys seems to have tried harder with DC then they do with Marvel. I just don't see how hot toys could be blamed for DCs lack of Film releases. Once the new DC universe kicks off the numbers will probably equal out of the popularity does. I see no reason why it wouldn't.

And for the record or in case someone wants to call me biased, I love batman and superman and am currently, and have been for a couple years now, working on the superman v batman/justice league movies.

I don't really have a problem with anything you have been saying on the matter other than saying 66 Batman and Robin are "obscure sources". Time will tell if any of the newer stuff (both DC and Marvel) will have the legs that show did/does.

I don't know why you all try to even have a debate with motuxblah. He knows all the inside info and hangs out with executives and stuff.

You all lap it up.

I don't really have a problem with anything you have been saying on the matter other than saying 66 Batman and Robin are "obscure sources". Time will tell if any of the newer stuff (both DC and Marvel) will have the legs that show did/does.

You are right, it's not real obscure. I just meant in relation to a new summer blockbuster/tent pole. All of marvels figures are from newer release big summer type movies. With DC they are doing games and TV shows. That's all I meant by that.

As for the other persons comment about me and lapping it up...first, I seem to get more people attacking me then lapping anything up. Don't see a lot of lapping. And it also sounds more like jealousy or envy. You didn't actually say anything in your post. If you want to attack me personally, I'll tell you what I tell everyone else, Pm me. We can clear the air in private or in person. I'm down for either.

You can blame hot toys? How's that? What DC movie is neglected, other then returns? Which may or may not get made, but that may or may not be hot toys fault.

Green lantern is the only modern (last 15-20 years). With batman and robin and batman forever though I would buy the figures, I don't know that they would sell well.

Hot toys has gone to more obscure sources for DC them they have for marvel. There are no Marvel TV character figures (coulson was from avengers when made). But DC has Batman and Robin from the 60s show. There are no Marvel video game figures. But DC has Arkham batman. hot toys seems to have tried harder with DC then they do with Marvel. I just don't see how hot toys could be blamed for DCs lack of Film releases. Once the new DC universe kicks off the numbers will probably equal out of the popularity does. I see no reason why it wouldn't.

And for the record or in case someone wants to call me biased, I love batman and superman and am currently, and have been for a couple years now, working on the superman v batman/justice league movies.

It's got nothing to do with DC Comics or their product output for them.

Hot Toys lacks good faith with pretty much every non-Disney license. That's a problem. I don't care if it's Batman Returns, Arkham Joker, their alleged 1/4 Police Shootout Terminator, 60s Batmobile, Platoon Elias, or Prometheus, the way they handle them sucks. Ichabod Crane JUST came out after years of nothing. They run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, putting up teasers at random. By the time they make good on it (if they do), it leaves you wondering why they bothered letting us in on the license at the time they did. Not even the most die hard Hot Toys apologist can deny that their marketing decisions are random at best. It's been that way for a couple of years now.

I've got no problem with AOU Cap, none at all. He's bound to happen because *gasp*, a brand new movie featuring him is coming out. I may even buy one eventually since I haven't gotten a Captain America figure. Putting it up now though? It's ridiculous. There's still 4+ months until Avengers 2 hits. Stealth Cap JUST came out. The U.S. hasn't even received Stealth Suit or the Roger combo. Yet here we are, ANOTHER release hot off the hype of when it was teased at that show last month. Saying it's "too soon" is an understatement. It makes people that have been waiting YEARS for something get a little antsy, and rightfully so. Iron Man and the Avengers and even Star Wars DON'T NEED to be hyped or teased to increase interest. You don't need to post a teaser of all the Avengers characters bases to say "hey loyal customers, we're doing them all". It's a given now. That type of marketing should be geared towards their niche licenses. The ones that people claim aren't as popular as Marvel, the ones that need to be marketed.

Now, I realize they're sitting on a ton of licenses, more than your average toy company even has. Hot Toys, along with Lego, probably have the most diverse offerings from line to line and that's impressive. Schedules, approvals, and contracts can be an issue, **** happens, most people get that. NOBODY has a gun to their head when it comes to their own announcements, teasers and reveals though (unless the companies that give them the license don't want the the beans being spilled yet). They decide that, and they're one of the worst I've seen. Their communication is awful, even without the language barrier. Not just on the marketing side of it, but even when you question them about quality control (ED-209 is the best example. They knew the first one went to **** with the rubber. People told them for years. Then when the new ED prototype popped up, people were vocal "no rubber, please no rubber". Then it goes up for order and for a solid year, customers say "please, no rubber, it's not rubber is it? Do we have a plastic dome? Then BAM, rubber, deteriorating dome). Atleast these other companies will let you know what's up, all Hot Toys knows is "coming soon".

Three years man, three years. In those three years, people told themselves "well maybe after all the Avengers are made", then "maybe after Coulson is made", then "maybe after all the Iron Man 3 figures are made", then "all the marks", then "after wave 2". Well, now we're back to a new Avengers movie and all they have to show for their effort is a barebones prototype and "sorry, those figures we said are coming out years ago, well, we have no plans for them yet". It's bull. Not just for Returns but any license or announcement or figure they've put up on their facebook page. If Arkham Joker isn't close to being ready and isn't close to being approved, don't ****ing tease him for a "2013 line up!", only to not make good on it for 2 years (or worse, show Arkham Batman, a figure that was further back in development at the time of the teasers , first). They're obnoxious when it comes to this. Issues with your Prometheus license? Don't put that teaser up and DEFINITELY don't tease the prototypes until you're sure you can have them out within a year. Not sure you're going to be able to pull off Charles Xavier die to Fox and licensing issues? Don't advertise it at multiple shows! Oh, you pulled a half assed 1/4 Arnold Terminator mock up out of your butts to compete with Enterbay? How about actually producing it before Boba Fett, Iron Man and baby frickin' Groot?

Last edited:
Wasn't there even another Prometheus teaser sometime last year or maybe late 2013? I seem to remember one coming out of nowhere, it was nothing to do with any show that was going on. And yet here we are.

Just tell us it's cancelled. I mean it quite obviously must be at this stage. Likewise Elias. It'd be one heck of a random release if he came out now all these years after Taylor and Barnes. He clearly isn't happening. And what a waste of a license that was without just one more ****ing figure that would have completed it.

Wasn't there even another Prometheus teaser sometime last year or maybe late 2013? I seem to remember one coming out of nowhere, it was nothing to do with any show that was going on. And yet here we are.

Just tell us it's cancelled. I mean it quite obviously must be at this stage. Likewise Elias. It'd be one heck of a random release if he came out now all these years after Taylor and Barnes. He clearly isn't happening. And what a waste of a license that was without just one more ****ing figure that would have completed it.

Tell you what though, if they did suddenly release Elias the secondary market prices for Platoon figures would explode.

Forget about those, Hot Toys have moved on to Alien anime Chick girl. A figure from a line that is 7 years old.

Hot Toys lacks good faith with pretty much every non-Disney license. That's a problem. I don't care if it's Batman Returns, Arkham Joker, their alleged 1/4 Police Shootout Terminator, 60s Batmobile, Platoon Elias, or Prometheus, the way they handle them sucks. Ichabod Crane JUST came out after years of nothing. They run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, putting up teasers at random. By the time they make good on it (if they do), it leaves you wondering why they bothered letting us in on the license at the time they did. Not even the most die hard Hot Toys apologist can deny that their marketing decisions are random at best. It's been that way for a couple of years now.

I've got no problem with AOU Cap, none at all. He's bound to happen because *gasp*, a brand new movie featuring him is coming out. I may even buy one eventually since I haven't gotten a Captain America figure. Putting it up now though? It's ridiculous. There's still 4+ months until Avengers 2 hits. Stealth Cap JUST came out. The U.S. hasn't even received Stealth Suit or the Roger combo. Yet here we are, ANOTHER release hot off the hype of when it was teased at that show last month. Saying it's "too soon" is an understatement. It makes people that have been waiting YEARS for something get a little antsy, and rightfully so. Iron Man and the Avengers and even Star Wars DON'T NEED to be hyped or teased to increase interest. You don't need to post a teaser of all the Avengers characters bases to say "hey loyal customers, we're doing them all". It's a given now. That type of marketing should be geared towards their niche licenses. The ones that people claim aren't as popular as Marvel, the ones that need to be marketed.

Now, I realize they're sitting on a ton of licenses, more than your average toy company even has. Hot Toys, along with Lego, probably have the most diverse offerings from line to line and that's impressive. Schedules, approvals, and contracts can be an issue, **** happens, most people get that. NOBODY has a gun to their head when it comes to their own announcements, teasers and reveals though (unless the companies that give them the license don't want the the beans being spilled yet). They decide that, and they're one of the worst I've seen. Their communication is awful, even without the language barrier. Not just on the marketing side of it, but even when you question them about quality control (ED-209 is the best example. They knew the first one went to **** with the rubber. People told them for years. Then when the new ED prototype popped up, people were vocal "no rubber, please no rubber". Then it goes up for order and for a solid year, customers say "please, no rubber, it's not rubber is it? Do we have a plastic dome? Then BAM, rubber, deteriorating dome). Atleast these other companies will let you know what's up, all Hot Toys knows is "coming soon".

Three years man, three years. In those three years, people told themselves "well maybe after all the Avengers are made", then "maybe after Coulson is made", then "maybe after all the Iron Man 3 figures are made", then "all the marks", then "after wave 2". Well, now we're back to a new Avengers movie and all they have to show for their effort is a barebones prototype and "sorry, those figures we said are coming out years ago, well, we have no plans for them yet". It's bull. Not just for Returns but any license or announcement or figure they've put up on their facebook page. If Arkham Joker isn't close to being ready and isn't close to being approved, don't ****ing tease him for a "2013 line up!", only to not make good on it for 2 years (or worse, show Arkham Batman, a figure that was further back in development at the time of the teasers , first). They're obnoxious when it comes to this. Issues with your Prometheus license? Don't put that teaser up and DEFINITELY don't tease the prototypes until you're sure you can have them out within a year. Not sure you're going to be able to pull off Charles Xavier die to Fox and licensing issues? Don't advertise it at multiple shows! Oh, you pulled a half assed 1/4 Arnold Terminator mock up out of your butts to compete with Enterbay? How about actually producing it before Boba Fett, Iron Man and baby frickin' Groot?

If I could rep you, I would, but, for now, please accept this offering of Internet cookies:
Chocolate-Chip-Cookies.jpg

The length of this response made me chuckle, especially when one considers the recipient. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but it's certainly rep-worthy. IOU 40 SSF Reputation Points.

Forget about those, Hot Toys have moved on to Alien anime Chick girl. A figure from a line that is 7 years old.

Does the hooha drip acid? :monkey3

If I could rep you, I would, but, for now, please accept this offering of Internet cookies:
Chocolate-Chip-Cookies.jpg

giphy.gif

Well of course. I mean the demand for that was......wait....

Gotta take advantage of dat "Sigorney Weaver almost looked like this Xeno concept art in an abandoned Ripley 5 movie!" hype, brah.

Or, you know, they could have just put up one of their actual Ripley's that they've been working on (and if it hasn't been approved or isn't finished, just tease backstage pics of it). Nahhh.

Does the hooha drip acid? :monkey3

Of course! It's made with Hot Toys' rubber isn't it?

I get people, you in this case, being upset about things. But my point when I started this conversation is that calling cap stupid and people that buy him bandwagon jumpers, and the character is dumb and so on, is silly. I wasn't saying is rather see Cap then a returns batman. I was saying that you can make the argument. And pissing on someone else's enjoyment because you don't have the figure you want is silly as well. It wasn't directed at you, I don't think. I would have to go back and be sure who I responded to. I have said repeatedly that I hope everyone gets every single figure they like or want. If it's one I don't want I won't buy it. But I don't see how being upset someone else gets one they want hurts me in anyway.

You brought up boba fett. We know that hot toys has been trying to get that license since they started. Long before a returns batman was announced. The movie is from before returns. So by most people's reasoning on here it should get made first. Everyone that has a holy grail figure can come up with a reason why their figure should be first. Why they are being neglected.

You also mentioned Hot toys has total control over announcing a license, except when they may be required to hold that back. That's simply not the case. At best it's a joint call. I get it, no one believes me. But I'm sure you can verify that info online somewhere. Or have the question asked in one of those q & a. There are many reasons why a license would be announced. And there are hundreds of reasons why a figure may get pushed back. A large percentage of which hot toys has no control over.

Everyone complains about the lack of communication on one hand, and then gets upset when what they do say doesn't happen exactly like they answered in a q&a or when an announced figure doesn't make production. So you want them to talk more, but hate what they say. Not trying to pick a fight, but look back at what happens. People are mad all these marvel figures are coming. Even though marvel is outpacing DC at the box office 20-1. So hot toys aquires older dc licenses, and even goes into media they normally don't (66 batman TV show) or normally don't do with super heros (arkham game) and even get the license for returns batman. They announce it, not the figure specific but the licenses to show the dc fans they want to do it, they say they plan to make figures in response to questions, and some where and for some reason the figure of batman gets pushed. For what reason we don't know. Having seen all to upset people over a figure they said they would have made they then in an interview say right now now firm plans for a penguin/catwoman and they get blasted for that too. So they say nothing, they lose. They say something they lose. They miss a date, the license holder won't approve the figure, a thousand other things that can hold a figure up and suddenly they are out to get the DC fans. You see my points right? They can't win. It's not just with DC this happens.

Everyone thinks everything they think is most important. As for their sitting on licenses..even if they did, so what. If someone else wanted them they could have bought them. If they want to make a female predator, a unique creation with a known property, good for them. What artist wouldn't enjoy being able to sculpt a character for a property they like. It ain't my money. They paid for the rights to do it. That figure is not holding someone else's dreams down. Yes, there is limited tooling and time and space. But it's their company. So let them enjoy their work.

Edit-

Also, showing a proto at a toy show isn't announcing a figure. Maybe it's the disconnect between how a company works and what fans think, but that's not an announcement of a figure. It's like a sketch book. It's a prototype. It's no different then cars at a car show. Some will get made, some are just their to show off talent, show the studios and actors what type of work they are capable of, to attract new talent. And to reward fans for waiting.

I'm willing to bet that if hot toys and other companies stopped doing toy shows, and shut down the websites and stopped answering q&a and only showed off finish product people would like it a lot less then they do now.

As for the ichabod crane figure taking 3 years, and why it was delayed, ect. That stuff happens. It could be that the license holder wanted it delayed until that show. We don't know.

Last edited:
Superman II
Superman IV
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Swamp Thing
Supergirl
Watchman (one figure really doesn't count)
Steel
Jonah Hex
Constantine
V for Vendetta
Red
Red 2
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Losers
Stardust
Wonderwoman (Tv series Lynda Carter)
The Flash (Tv series John Wesley Shipp)

List goes on and on. Not to mention Green Lantern...and who is to say any new DC movies coming out will be made by Hot Toys...

Again, I was talking modern. Fine, you want to compare. Let's. Marvel movies no figures from-

1986-Howard the duck
1989 the punisher
1990 captain America
1994 the fantastic four (never wide release was done to keep rights)
1998 blade
2000 xmen
2002 spiderman
2003 daredevil
2003 x2
2003 hulk
2004 punisher
2004 spiderman 2
2004 blade trinity
2005 Electra
2005 man thing
2005 Fantastic four
2007 ff rise of silver surfer
2008 Incredible Hulk
2008 punisher war zone
2011 first class

From other marvel property owned

2010 kickass
2013 kickass 2
2015 kingsman the secret service
From TV

(You missed Smallville on your list btw...one i would Have liked to done in fig)

1979 dr strange
1979 cap 1
1979 cap 2
1988 hulk
1989 trail of hulk
1990 death of hulk
1996 gen x
1998 nick fury, agent of shield
2006 blade

Then you have agents of shield.

And if you want to go by your justification you used on watchmen this list will double or triple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back