HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As opposed to the anonymous loser who constantly tries to antagonise and abuse strangers from behind a computer screen? I know which one I'd rather be in the company of.

41765-Loki-uhh-burn-gif-DQ41.jpg

And you are...???!!! Oh right, nobody! Just some anonymous loser claiming to be in touch with Hot Toys, giving zero evidence. I call bull ****!

:rolleyes2 Oh the irony. How about showing some respect to your fellow Freaks? You've been a member here long enough to know the board rules but just in case:

A. Harassment and Threats. This forum is all about sharing and interacting with the community in respectful ways. Predatory behavior, stalking, attacking, demeaning, threats, harassment, intimidation, and inciting others to commit violent acts are unacceptable. Any legal threat, express or implied, against Sideshowcollectors.com or our membership will result in an immediate termination of your account.

I'm Chinese. Sometimes these interviews can be misinterpreted. . From what they say on the Q&A Hot Toys didn't say just " a figure". But then again, I don't recall Hot Toys even announcing multiple figures are once unless it's those Toy Fair exclusives. Either way, I would prefer the Batman Returns figures to be available one at a time. It's a safe bet we are getting 3-4 figures from the line. Batman, Penguin and Catwoman. There's the chances of a Bruce Wayne/Batman 2 pack. Don't think we'll see a Max Shriek figure although I would love to have one in my collection.

I really hope you're right.... but I can't see it.

:rolleyes2 Oh the irony. How about showing some respect to your fellow Freaks? You've been a member here long enough to know the board rules but just in case:

And look at all the name calling and character assassination sent my way, you certainly don't have any problem with that. I don't think my comments were unfounded. Someone made up a statement that they had some interview with Hot Toys and HT claimed they were going to announce multiple BR figures. There is no evidence for this. As far as I'm concerned that person made it up.

I stand by my comments and I know the future will show them to be true. There is NO WAY we are getting three to four figures from BR. One...MAYBE two, but that I even doubt. More then likely just the proto Batman, and even that I'm starting to doubt.

And look at all the name calling and character assassination sent my way, you certainly don't have any problem with that. I don't think my comments were unfounded. Someone made up a statement that they had some interview with Hot Toys and HT claimed they were going to announce multiple BR figures. There is no evidence for this. As far as I'm concerned that person made it up.

I stand by my comments and I know the future will show them to be true. There is NO WAY we are getting three to four figures from BR. One...MAYBE two, but that I even doubt. More then likely just the proto Batman, and even that I'm starting to doubt.

Out of curiosity, what is it you have difficulty accepting:

The possibility he could speak some Chinese dialect or that he might not be trying to fool us all for some type of self gratification?

It's my belief that in most cases, unless someone is an egomaniac, or has some agenda for money or power, or some narcissistic need to be right all the time, most people try to be frank with those he considers his peers in a hobby such as this.

We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to people who seem to have even temperament....he could've reacted to your suspicious response with defensiveness, but he simply answered you with a couple of facts as to who he is and why translations can go awry....an honest answer it seems

TheMayor was born out of the Batman Returns announcement three years ago. Hopefully this month all is revealed and TheMayor goes away. Fitting and poetic.

Then again, we might have the type of user who will go on and on about how this Batman (and possibly Catwoman and Penguin) look like inaccurate crap and that Hot Toys did a horrible job for years on end.

There's no character assassination going on in this thread, just character suicide. You attacked Russell, and you've resorted to name calling with both myself and CloudN, as if you were a petulant child. Frankly, I can think of nothing of merit that you've contributed in your entire history in this thread. You've made your bed, sir, now sleep in it.

The more I think about it, I really would love a Batman Beyond movie with Keaton. I was always a fan of Clint Eastwood for the role of Bruce Wayne, but I'd love to see a Burton directed Batman Beyond movie. I imagine a dark and twisted technological nightmare of a city with Keaton as the aging Batman we all grew up with. It'd kind of allow Burton to toy with some of those technological aspects that he wanted in Superman Lives, being set in the future, and all. As much as I love the idea of a DC Cinematic Universe, and as much as I want it to succeed, there's a part of me that wishes they'd throw caution to the wind and say "forget a cinematic universe, we've got a Cinematic Multiverse where directors are free to play with whatever concepts they'd like in whatever universe they want."

That would be truly incredible. The guy is in great shape for his age.

Wishful thinking though, soon it will be all about "I don't do squats and skip leg day everyday" Affleck.

It would be fun to see Keaton as an older Batman. It's too bad DC would never go for that.

**** the Expendables. Those movies have been nothing but disappointment. I watched the third movie recently which had a party scene right at the end with all the guys at it and I realised I would much rather see an actual party, put on film, cameras all over the place recording all those guys as their real-life selves interacting, having arm-wrestling competitions etc etc. That would've been much more fun than some fictional overblown OTT action film.

But as for Keaton in one last Batman film - would be a must-see. I just wonder could Batman fans possibly tolerate a movie in that Burton continuity again where Joker is dead and Batman kills people.

The problem with The Expendables, in my opinion, is the fact that they try to make themselves relevant to a new audience, instead of playing to their strengths for their target audience. They're more "Transporter" than "Commando," and therein lies the problem. Nostalgia beats out modernization for fans of those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back