Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FfEwi7iX8U8

I agree, the sculpt isn't 100%, but it's very good.

Do you mean the Harrison Ford likeness or the sculpts ability to look human? It's not 100% h0mo sapien, but it's very good.

Do you mean the Harrison Ford likeness or the sculpts ability to look human? It's not 100% h0mo sapien, but it's very good.

I really don't think it looks all that bad. Certainly not enough to justify all this negativity. The eyes are throwing off what seems to be a solid sculpt. The PERS look quite sunken on this release and it's making every picture of the figure look evil or, as people on the board have stated, Harrison Ford with eyeliner...

I really don't think it looks all that bad. Certainly not enough to justify all this negativity. The eyes are throwing off what seems to be a solid sculpt. The PERS look quite sunken on this release and it's making every picture of the figure look evil or, as people on the board have stated, Harrison Ford with eyeliner...

Definitely more than the eyes... I could deal with the eyes, it's the mouth and jawline, as well as the chimpanzee shaped skull from the profile angle. This is an absolute failure. The prototype was lightyears better than this.

It is most certainly, assatively posolutely not a solid sculpt.

It looks more like this guy below
harrison-ford-lookalike.jpg

and not like
Indiana-Jones-and-the-Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark.jpg

or
raiders_of_the_lost_ark_indiana_jones_movie_image_harrison_ford__1_.jpg

I know, lets play a little game. For the next two pages, lets all simply praise this sculpt to death. Everything has to be positive.

:lecture

So, we've found at least one more person who can discuss this figure rationally and without sounding like Comic Book Guy. :lol

IrishJedi said:

So, we've found at least one more person who can discuss this figure rationally and without sounding like Comic Book Guy. :lol

Irish actually likes this?

:thud:

Who is paying you to praise this sculpt, Irish?

See... that's what I "love" about the mentality of this board. If you don't hate something, that means you must love it. And vice versa. Absolutely no tolerance or acceptance of a moderate middle ground here, or simply thinking "it's not great, but not horrible either". It's always extremes... "best ever" or "complete fail". Lame.

Anyway, show me where I praise this sculpt even once.

You read the thought right out of my head. I don't think HT could gather enough people to come on here and offer any amount of praise that oculd sway the crowd at all.

Just sad... although the eyeliner pic from Superman is easily one of the funniest things I've seen.

The more I see of this the worse it looks.

LEt's rationally talk about the sculpt then. Where do you want to begin. Do I have to say, "You know, this isn't all that bad. It's not great, but its not terrible. I'm 50/50 as to whether I should buy it. OK, I'm flipping a coin"

For me, its either great or it isn't great. For this price, it better be great. The Superman 1/6 was a mediocre sculpt and we all complained to death until something was done about it. We dissected it left and right and even Arnie would visit the forums to get idea's on how to improve the proto. Why wasn't this done with Indy at all? Why no improvements? Arnie must have been told by HT not to fix it is my only guess. I think the Indy sculpt currently could pass as one of the Gieco Caveman characters with the right amount of hair. The rest of the accessories are great.

Just sad... although the eyeliner pic from Superman is easily one of the funniest things I've seen.

The more I see of this the worse it looks.

Thanks, it took me all of 10 seconds to create using PAINT..lol.. It came out better than I expected so I had to put it up. Ford's facial expression adds to the look too..lol..

I know you guys are not really this small-minded. Quit acting like a bunch of prepuces just because not everyone wants to dump a Cleveland Steamer on this figure.

See... that's what I "love" about the mentality of this board. If you don't hate something, that means you must love it. And vice versa. Absolutely no tolerance or acceptance of a moderate middle ground here, or simply thinking "it's not great, but not horrible either". It's always extremes... "best ever" or "complete fail". Lame.

Anyway, show me where I praise this sculpt even once.

Here from the other thread:

Not me. I'm good with the figure the way it is :wave:

Sounds like praise to me.

My opinion is this figure is amazing and the accessories are amazing but the sculpt is a complete failure. Just sucks that you need to pay that much and still go find a better head for the figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back