Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

lol yeah, she is a semi-collector and has been very supportive of this addictive hobby :)

Nice... please go give her a big hug and tell her the guys on the forum think your a lucky guy...

(FYI for some of you fellas who don't have girlfriends/wives... they typically don't like this hobby :dunno) :slap

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Guys

What is the chance of the EX from Sideshow converting at this late stage of the game ? Are those who just went on the wait list out of luck ?

Having had this bad boy for almost 3 weeks now, Im kinda NOT liking the BD Head Sculpt. On display beside my Arnie FoF Bruce it looks more realistic but the likeness is better on the Regular Head. Currently I have it displayed with the fight with O'Hara outfit. Looks MUCH MUCH better...

waiting on the Enterbay GoD now, hopefully YJ can do a better job on the likeness and Enterbay give us a good QC product

I never understood how Enterbay could seek perfection when all their Bruce bodies came with giant abnormal hands.

Did Yullie do this one? cuz the only thing I can complain about is the Hair.... infact I'm already wondering what kind of mod I can do to change it....

favorite hair is either Enterbay WOD, or ETD B

Having had this bad boy for almost 3 weeks now, Im kinda NOT liking the BD Head Sculpt. On display beside my Arnie FoF Bruce it looks more realistic but the likeness is better on the Regular Head. Currently I have it displayed with the fight with O'Hara outfit. Looks MUCH MUCH better...

waiting on the Enterbay GoD now, hopefully YJ can do a better job on the likeness and Enterbay give us a good QC product

no doubt, no joints! flexible biceps!?

Guys

What is the chance of the EX from Sideshow converting at this late stage of the game ? Are those who just went on the wait list out of luck ?

very low, I got on the waitlist the 7th of april and nothing yet... I doubt there were many cancellations for this item in particular, the deal was a steal...

I would agree. T1 T800 was it till this figure came out.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

very low, I got on the waitlist the 7th of april and nothing yet... I doubt there were many cancellations for this item in particular, the deal was a steal...

I dunno, you figure 5 business days from this past Friday to fix declines puts it at this coming Friday. Then processing declines into conversions. I'd wait another couple weeks before doing anything drastic like canceling. In the meantime if you pick up the regular, you can easily offload it for near what you paid for it should your WL convert.

I never understood how Enterbay could seek perfection when all their Bruce bodies came with giant abnormal hands.

Did Yullie do this one? cuz the only thing I can complain about is the Hair.... infact I'm already wondering what kind of mod I can do to change it....

favorite hair is either Enterbay WOD, or ETD B

Enterbay Sculpts from FoF and Kato were stellar, its just that HT edges them out on pure paint apps. Paint apps can go a LONG WAY to enhance a sculpt. Actually Ive seen brilliant sculpts ruined by substandard paint apps.

Yulli did the DX04 Bruce, The Bruce bodies hands were pefectly in scale however from their original GoD to their EtD B release the HEAD wasnt in scale with the body. That became better with FoF and EVEN better with Kato.

The hairstyle as you say on the DX04 are pretty much similar. Honestly I once switched the hairpiece on the two heads and I daresay that they seem to be the SAME sculpt.

As for what I believe is better in comparison between Enterbay's better releases like FoF and Kato vs the DX04

Likeness: Enterbay's definitely, the sculpts have more personality than Yulli's DX04 attempt

Paint: DX04 HANDS DOWN, HTs mass market paint apps/texturing is beyond EVERY 1:6th company and customiser in ways

Realism: The Enterbay looks a little bit like a toy when compared to HT's DX SIMPLY because of the fantastic paint app

Overall Value for Money: HT DX04 (I dont have to explain this criteria, even better if you get the Exclusive release)

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

I dunno, you figure 5 business days from last Monday to fix declines. Then processing declines into conversions. I'd wait another week.

You give me hope dude, hope it actually converts!!

You give me hope dude, hope it actually converts!!

I edited that post because I forgot Lee only actually billed this last Friday so there's still a week to fix declines after that and then processing WLs into orders. No promises, but I wouldn't dare give up hope yet.

I edited that post because I forgot Lee only actually billed this last Friday so there's still a week to fix declines after that and then processing WLs into orders. No promises, but I wouldn't dare give up hope yet.

even better I guess. I missed the ex bruce lee when I saw it on toys2.net (didn't bother ordering him) and now I am hitting myself for that. Will keep everyone posted if it converts

It appears the 'calm' sculpt I bought off ebay may have broken PERS....disappointed.

I'm not sure though as it doesn't come with instructions....can someone clarify? Its just turn left to make the eyes go left, right to them go right....right? :)

Everything I've read about PERS breaking, people talk the eyes getting stuck at really strange angles. These eyes are straight forward.

Bummer, bought this specifically for the PERS as an alternate head for casual Bruce when he is released....

anyone with any advice ?

actually..the toggle switch goes the opposite way..when u turn to left..it looks to the right..turn it up..it looks down..well you get the idea..:)

actually..the toggle switch goes the opposite way..when u turn to left..it looks to the right..turn it up..it looks down..well you get the idea..:)

ah thank you, stupid me....I thought you had to twist the handle around, not just push it in different directions :slap

I would agree. T1 T800 was it till this figure came out.

wow. that is saying a lot. i thought the t1 t-800 was the best figure i owned. can't wait to get this one then.

Enterbay Sculpts from FoF and Kato were stellar, its just that HT edges them out on pure paint apps. Paint apps can go a LONG WAY to enhance a sculpt. Actually Ive seen brilliant sculpts ruined by substandard paint apps.

Yulli did the DX04 Bruce, The Bruce bodies hands were pefectly in scale however from their original GoD to their EtD B release the HEAD wasnt in scale with the body. That became better with FoF and EVEN better with Kato.

The hairstyle as you say on the DX04 are pretty much similar. Honestly I once switched the hairpiece on the two heads and I daresay that they seem to be the SAME sculpt.

As for what I believe is better in comparison between Enterbay's better releases like FoF and Kato vs the DX04

Likeness: Enterbay's definitely, the sculpts have more personality than Yulli's DX04 attempt

Paint: DX04 HANDS DOWN, HTs mass market paint apps/texturing is beyond EVERY 1:6th company and customiser in ways

Realism: The Enterbay looks a little bit like a toy when compared to HT's DX SIMPLY because of the fantastic paint app

Overall Value for Money: HT DX04 (I dont have to explain this criteria, even better if you get the Exclusive release)

:goodpost: I definitely agree that paint app can come a long way! :exactly:

Hey finaly arrived today :hi5:

Got mine today as well. BD head on display on the BD body - DX Head & Spare body went into a GOD suit.... totally stoked with it.

Back