Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

I am just thankful that Hot Toys have picked up the license and is offering more affordable Bruces. The EB Bruces were never good value and folks only coughed up for them because, faced with a choice between Medicom's overpriced Bruce and EBs slightly more overpriced Bruce, EB offered the only convincing portrait.

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

The cut joints are a total turn off.

It's more than that. Overall, that body, while sculpted nice, left MUCH to be desired.

I am just thankful that Hot Toys have picked up the license and is offering more affordable Bruces. The EB Bruces were never good value and folks only coughed up for them because, faced with a choice between Medicom's overpriced Bruce and EBs slightly more overpriced Bruce, EB offered the only convincing portrait.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

And even better is the non-informed, chest bumping nature of EB fans, how they say, "EB is more expensive because their quality is better...," which is laughable.

They could charge obscene amounts for BL figures, not because of the quality put in, because they cornered the market and there was lil' competition in that front.

Look, whoever got the EB figures and were happy to get a Bruce Lee figure to fulfill their needs - good. But facts are, they were overpriced, not that great quality, overrated and at this point, completely obsolete and looking like crap, especially with what can be done these days in the 1/6 scale medium.

Heck, the prices were obscene then, they still are now, and the quality is much better in terms if likeness quality, material advances and tailoring developments.

And even better is the non-informed, chest bumping nature of EB fans, how they say, "EB is more expensive because their quality is better...," which is laughable.

They could charge obscene amounts for BL figures, not because of the quality put in, because they cornered the market and there was lil' competition in that front.

Look, whoever got the EB figures and were happy to get a Bruce Lee figure to fulfill their needs - good. But facts are, they were overpriced, not that great quality, overrated and at this point, completely obsolete and looking like crap, especially with what can be done these days in the 1/6 scale medium.

Heck, the prices were obscene then, they still are now, and the quality is much better in terms if likeness quality, material advances and tailoring developments.

WOW! Change a few words and this is exactly how I feel about HT's Indy. :lol

WOW! Change a few words and this is exactly how I feel about HT's Indy. :lol

28w15yt.gif

wow, how Enterbay has fallen. Their Lee figures at the time were ahead (I think) of what Hot Toys were producing. They really raised the bar I thought.

From the real wooden backdrop of GoD, the moving eye system, Kim's sculpting ability, packaging, etc... it definitely established their reputation as the premier 1/6 figure company.

No denying that Hot Toys took that challenge, raised their game and blew them out of the water though :D

Also I still like the Enterbay BL bodies.
I like the almost seamless forearm attachments to replace wrist joints (and now the new muscle body will actually have wrist joints?! :dunno ).

And though I really like how the HT's body looks like real skin, I don't like that the shoulder joint leaves large visible black gaps in many positions which sort of makes it look like his arms are floating and not attached.

Will be really interesting to see that new Enterbay body....

I hate to say this guys, but would it really hurt to actually talk about the Hot Toys Bruce Lee DX here and talk about Indy and Enterbay you know...in their various topics?

I have a strange urge to want to buy some Solar Gard window films.

I just got the DX04 and I just had to post some quick thoughts and pics on a preview post found here.

The first thing that surprised me was how heavy the packaging was. I'm fairly new to Hot Toys and long time model builder, but it's the best packaging I've seen.

The figure is just incredible and it's really renewed my interest in Bruce Lee. I took some lighting test pictures below. I'll post more soon.

5633297985_d5eacf0129_z.jpg

5633298067_fa13ea8721_z.jpg

5633298027_1c83f6ec97_z.jpg

^^sweet shots there otaku! Can't wait to get mine later this week!!!

I just got the DX04 and I just had to post some quick thoughts and pics on a preview post found here.

The first thing that surprised me was how heavy the packaging was. I'm fairly new to Hot Toys and long time model builder, but it's the best packaging I've seen.

The figure is just incredible and it's really renewed my interest in Bruce Lee. I took some lighting test pictures below. I'll post more soon.

5633297985_d5eacf0129_z.jpg

5633298067_fa13ea8721_z.jpg

5633298027_1c83f6ec97_z.jpg

Otaku, I love your photography. I was especially blown away with your various photos of the Mk. VI.

Where do you get your backgrounds from?

the only thing that bothers me so far is the black waist band. Shouldn't it NOT be covering the cuts?? I can't wait to receive mine.

Much appreciated guys!

@AgentofChaos - You will not be disappointed! It's worth the wait. I almost did not get it.

@mrclean08 - It's a mix of oversized posters that I get when I'm traveling to different countries, google searching desktop wallpaper and some actual location shooting (most shots with a mountain range).

the only thing that bothers me so far is the black waist band. Shouldn't it NOT be covering the cuts?? I can't wait to receive mine.

Yeah, you're right. You can move the waist band down, mine was up high when I opened mine.

Yeah, you're right. You can move the waist band down, mine was up high when I opened mine.

oh good. nice to know

A waist band that can be moved up or down? Is there no limit to Hot Toys innovation?

Back