Hot Toys DX Iron Man Mark III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
??? Another "F you" to all the fans who bought the first version from your wallet raping pals at Hot Toys?

Teaser:
DXIronMan.jpg

The legs give it away as MK IV
I got this pic from Mike's thread
SDCC149.jpg

I'm pretty convinced that is a MKIII DX, and the battle damaged pieces it comes with are from the finally fight, and it has the silver chest bolts. I don't really think this one is a huge redo deal as Batman or Joker, as it will probably look just like the original MKIII, or be battle damaged. So if you have the original MKIII get this one for battle damage. I've got the MKIII, and I'm excited for this one (plus mine has a paint chip on him which bugs the hell out of me, so this gives me the excuse to get a new one).

I just thought the gold started too high up for a MK III, but I just checked my figure and now I'm pretty sure it's a MK III DX.
I don't care though, I'm happy with mine and I got to make a Stark figure with the head.

Man, this is almost comical. For weeks now I've been thinking about posting a question/comment of the boards regarding whether or not people think Hot Toys was going to reissue the Mark III in another form...I should have just posted. I'm late to the 12" figure arena, as I previously only collected Premium Format Statues and Comiquettes, and the Mark III was the first Hot Toys figure I bought. With all the uproar of the multiple versions of Batman and the Joker, I was wondering if I should have sold my Mark III and waited until a "better" version came along. If this truly is a DX version of the Mark III, it looks like the secondary market may be flooded with collectors trying to sell the original Mark III. With their prices, I can't justify having two pieces of the same figure even if the one is a huge improvement over the other.

Last edited:
Yeah, me following your post was purely coincidental, Dinolast. :lol

ummmm.. make that twice.

Man, this is almost comical. For weeks now I've been thinking about posting a question/comment of the boards regarding whether or not people think Hot Toyswas going to reissue the Mark III in another form...should have just posted. I'm late to the 12" figure arena, as I previously only collected Premium Format Statues and Comiquettes, and the Mark III was the first Hot Toys figure I bought. With all the uproar of the multiple versions of Batman and the Joker, I was wondering if I should have sold my Mark III and waited until a "better" version comes along. If this truly is a DX version of the Mark III, it looks like the secondary market may be flooded with collectors trying to sell the original Mark III. With their prices, I can't justify having two pieces of the same figure even if the one is a huge improvement over the other.

Even still, I'd still keep my original Mark III and display it in my office or something.

That's a thought..but again, at HT prices, I'm not sure I can justify having the same figure. The original Mark III was what...$159? Any guesses to what this DX/Battle-damaged version will run? Isn't the new DX Joker like $199? Too rich for me for one figure. PF maybe, but not a figure...but I'm sure HT will have no problem selling these out.

That's a thought..but again, at HT prices, I'm not sure I can justify having the same figure. The original Mark III was what...$159? Any guesses to what this DX/Battle-damaged version will run? Isn't the new DX Joker like $199? Too rich for me for one figure. PF maybe, but not a figure...but I'm sure HT will have no problem selling these out.

Yeah they sold the Grey ones no problem

Just like they did with the predator 2 figure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back