Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely going to get this one. Skipped all of SS' figures because I always thought they were missing something, but now I feel it's time to get one.

It would be really cool if they included a non-PERS head. No matter how close they get the rest of the sculpt (and it's really close--brow is weak, just like everyone else's) those things are still going to screw it up for me. It's not that they make it look unlike Ford, it's that they make every figure with it look unlike a human.

ap_20101225102811970.jpg

Some of these shots look like it's the greatest Indy figure yet, trumping even any custom out there....but then you see this:

And that looks like the 12" Hasbro jacket.

I'll definitely be buying it. HT won't drop a turd...but they better get their ____ wired tight on this one.

Its the mouth that throws it off for me. Something about the shape of the lips looks wrong to me.

It always seems like they make the proto sculpts more photogenic than their actual subjects! I agree that they need to make some adjustments before it really has his personality. He is a big guy irl, but his HS makes him look under 6'. The hat adds to the "Shia" effect. Looks to be just a tad too large.. Great presentation though!

Anyone think the eyes could be a touch lighter?

I as well think the head sculpt needs tweaking. I am very happy with my custom Indy but I am definitely gonna grab a pair of boots, pants and a shirt for mine.

it's funny how much is now being said in defence of the ss version. but a sculpt alone does not make the figure. the end result with all elements factored in is what matters. and as superb as trevor's ford sculpt was, it was utterly ruined by terrible paint apps, making indy look like a blank botox-ed zombie. add to that the poorly executed jacket and i think the ss indy was a mediocre effort at most.

the ht headsculpt definitely needs some improvements, but it does look like harrison ford and the paint app is as usual top notch. and ht's jacket, while not weathered enough, is much better made than the ss one. the boots are pretty good too. so overall, i'd say ht is much more successful (at this point) in capturing indy in 1/6.

sorry if any of u took offense, but this is just my 2 cents'.

Echoing what everyone else has said, sculpt is def off and not up to par. The jacket looks goofy with the flipped out collar. Im not to keen on the shoes either with the cream colored accents. After seeing what some of the other customizers have done with theirs, mine included they need to rework alot of stuff. :monkey4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back