Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that with Kaiburr's resized PF head with a solid paint job, HT clothing (obviously some work on the jacket), the HT boots and a Did web belt, my own leather belt, holster and my new version of the 1/6 whip.. I will be completely finally happy with a 1/6 Indy...

Really? Based on the one shot i'd say it's about mediocre than anything. I hope we see many more pictures this weekend.

Two shots, and my only complaints are the minor likeness issue, I think its mainly the shape thats off, and the material on the jacket which has grown on me. The rest of the outfit looks pretty good, and the accessories are also damn impressive. PERS obviously, but compared to the DX MJ Releases, Indy has the bigger HT stand with backdrop, Idol enviroment, second outfit with the staff and headpiece. Not bad at all, this comes with alot of accessories and looks great. I'm already in for this, its still overall, faaaaaaaar and away the best single Indy ever produced, and an improved likeness will just put me over the top.

HTIndianaJonesadj.jpg

It's getting there.

Shows the hat issue though. Really needs to almost bulb out at the top. Needs to be taller and certainly not tapered.

This looks great, the hat does get too thin, it should actually almost mushroom out over the ribbon above it.

Man, now the hat's really buigging me. The shape is definitely off, both on the crown and the brim.

The hat is very Temple of Doom looking the way its sculpted now, just mushroom the top of it and it will look fine.

The looks of the Raider hats do vary greatly from scene to scene and were actually shaped differantly or straight up differant hats altogeather but this specific scene(opening waterfall/idol chamber) the hat, brim particularly was still cleanly shaped. By the time he gets to Cairo however, it looks floppy like Sideshow's.

God its annoying me what about the sculpt seems off.

Just can't pinpoint why something seems off.

Does this help?

indymod.png

2 simple and minor modifications: Made the face slightly longer starting from under the eyes (since to me the face seems too short and smushed) and then the second thing was I made the bridge of the nose slightly thinner at the top.

That's it.

Again, two simple and minor mods that to me at least, make a huge difference. :dunno

Does this help?

indymod.png

2 simple and minor modifications: Made the face slightly longer starting from under the eyes (since to me the face seems too short and smushed) and then the second thing was I made the bridge of the nose slightly thinner at the top.

That's it.

Again, two simple and minor mods that to me at least, make a huge difference. :dunno

OMG that is pefect Dev :thud:

Somebody post that on HT's FB page with mod descriptions please

Like I said, really minor mods. And tbh, when we get better pics those mods might not even be necessary. Might just be the pics. Never know.

Yes Devil please do so they see that, also the hat should come out a bit more and they'd be set.

indy.jpg

I hope we get some more pics from the show tomorrow and the next day. I'd like to give HT the benefit of the doubt until I see a few more angles.

Yeah, I know what you mean.
My immediate thoughts when I seen it was that he looks too young some how?
I really dont know.
Dinolasts pic really makes me like the sculpt a hell of a lot more now though.
The only thing I can see at the moment is that the folds under the eyes dont look as prominent as i think they should be:

Untitled-3.png

Its really hard to tell though.

Dino posting that pic helps for sure. I'm with ya though its a bit hard to tell.

The reason why I love this so much, is that it's almost exactly what I expected, minus the Idol Base. I knew Hot Toys wasn't going to deliver a 100% accurate sculpt. What they did give us was an absolutely loaded figure, with a sculpt that actually looks like a miniature human. I love the way they do the stubble, they made it heavier in the mustache area, and lightened on the sides, just like Indy's stubble.

I'd be lying knowing Trevor wasn't in on it that the sculpt would be missing a small something. However, unlike say Iron Man where the suit is the most important thing (IMO) the likeness needs to be Ford not just some miniature human.

Does this help?

indymod.png

That's it.

Better thats for sure. Thank you.

Devil could you do it with leaving the nose as is but extending the face like you did?

Well thats looking pretty epic to me, a few minor things withstanding.

Man I'm completey changing my collecting patterns here, from customs, its looking like in 2011 all my money will be tied up with Hot Toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back