Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I take it Sideshow will not be making figures in 2011? Maybe HT will take over GI Joe as well and SS will focus on statues and busts. This would be for the best.

I'm the same. I like Star Wars but not enough to buy everything and if I started collecting from that line I'd die of starvation. Vader just represents the whole saga more than any other character though for me and if hot toys do him I'm sure it would turn out incredible.

Yeah exactly.
Besides, I wonder if HT will venture into all the side characters, or just stick to the main ones. I'm inclined to think the latter, since HT usually makes just a few figs from a license.
I'm actually hoping so as well... I wouldn't want to see Star Wars becoming the main license, with everything else being pushed aside.

If SW indeed goes to HT, SS will likely call it a day with 12" Star Wars themselves though right? They wouldn't try to compete with their own income? So whats left just Joe?

I'll be curious to see how successful this is, given most have already spent a ridiculous fortune making an Indy figure that would rival anything HT could deliver.

Sad thing is, looking at what happened with Hell Boy, HT doing this pretty much guarantees we'll see 3 Indys (dupes of RotLA and KotCS) and they'll be done with the line. :monkey1 :lol

If they at least to Mola Ram I'll be happy.

So I take it Sideshow will not be making figures in 2011? Maybe HT will take over GI Joe as well and SS will focus on statues and busts. This would be for the best.

Not really. Collectors will cut back on other lines to focus on the the new ones or core ones, given HT's higher prices. HT will wind up losing revenue in the long run and so will Sideshow. Remember, the economy is still in the ____ter and there aren't miraculously millions of jobs created overnight to restock collectors' wallets.

If they at least to Mola Ram I'll be happy.

I suspect we'll see a few other characters. Henry Sr., maybe Marion. Hopefully a few villains, but I don't really even want every little character, I'll take quality over quanity.

If SW indeed goes to HT, SS will likely call it a day with 12" Star Wars themselves though right? They wouldn't try to compete with their own income? So whats left just Joe?

I would see it as both of them making figures together, not against each other.

HT will prolly make the Droids.

very exciting indeed.

been waiting for that Air FORCE One figure.

Because lookie-loo eyes, a metal stand and a pretty box are worth the extra $50. :cuckoo:

PERS are to me, I don't care about a metal stand, but it maybe something better then that. Maybe they'll include a sculpted desert base or the Ark. As was pointed out in another thread, Eye placement can really animate a figure. Being able to revise it to match your pose sure won't hurt.

We'll know in a few days which is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back