Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be curious to see how successful it is. Again, MANY just dropped hundreds getting their Indys up to par. With the Trevor sculpt a superior one (unless he does HT's also), repainted by Boot25, Commtech, etc., and all the Sovereign jackets, Fisher's belts and holsters and Newline boots, I'd really be surprised if they bite on a HT Indy which won't even really be able to compete. And if it doesn't sell well at the $250 mark (any less is :lol), and it isn't already just a planned one-off, you can pretty much guarantee it'll just be a flash in the pan and HT will move on to the next line without looking back.

Those same guys who pay for $100 pants? This should be no problem. Just sayin'. They'll bite.

I hear HT put together a team of Photoshop experts so they can use the absolute latest in red line and arrow technology to avoid another embarrassing disaster of inaccuracy like every figure they've ever released. :yess:
Can't wait for pics.

LMAO Thom!!! :exactly:
Indiana Jones > Tron

Hot Toys def has big shoes to fill when it comes to the sculpt. Trev is the Indy master. Unfortunately i heard he didnt have a hand in the process of the HT Indy. :slap

That's a bummer, a BIG bummer.

That'll possibly be the biggest disappointment.

Sad if true. Trevor is the foot ____in' master when it comes to Harrison Ford's goofy mug.

If that is the case, I have little faith that HT can even deliver an accurate sculpt. Kim's pales in comparison to Trevor's, and charging $250 for a "Wolverine" sculpted Indy will condemn the line before it even starts. I suspect the HT fanboys will see nothing wrong with it, and the Indy diehards who add the DX to their collection (despite the $500+ customs they already own), will pop a repainted SSC head on him (the irony :lol), but most will pass.

Arnie Kim's Ford suxxx, I have always thought that. I'll never understand the unabashed love for that guy's Indy. His Bruce Lee, sure but his Indy blows. Great for 2001 I guess.

I'll be curious to see how successful it is. Again, MANY just dropped hundreds getting their Indys up to par. With the Trevor sculpt a superior one (unless he does HT's also), repainted by Boot25, Commtech, etc., and all the Sovereign jackets, Fisher's belts and holsters and Newline boots, I'd really be surprised if they bite on a HT Indy which won't even really be able to compete. And if it doesn't sell well at the $250 mark (any less is :lol), and it isn't already just a planned one-off, you can pretty much guarantee it'll just be a flash in the pan and HT will move on to the next line without looking back.

I think those that made customs Indys are still a small percentage though.

I'm sure 90% of the people out there are just like me, they bought the SS and left him as is and will be replacing him with a HT one.

Hot Toys def has big shoes to fill when it comes to the sculpt. Trev is the Indy master. Unfortunately i heard he didnt have a hand in the process of the HT Indy. :slap

That would suck but I'll believe it when I see it.

Are you still working on stuff with SS?

I'm just glad I didn't buy the second Sideshow ROTLA Indy I was planning on (my first one is displayed crouching to get the Idol off its pedestal; I wanted another Indy to display in a more conventional pose). Either the HT will blow me away and I'll buy it, or I'll be able to score Sideshow's for like fifty from someone who mindlessly replaces it with Hot Toys' version. I win either way.

I'm sure 90% of the people out there are just like me, they bought the SS and left him as is and will be replacing him with a HT one.

Plus there's a good chance that the HT figure could use some custom parts anyway. While this'll be better than the Sideshow Indy, it won't be perfect either. I have a feeling I'll still want to use my Sovereign jacket. HT's will probably be a nice leather material, but I doubt it'll have all the signature features of Indy's coat like Sovereign gets.

Plus there's a good chance that the HT figure could use some custom parts anyway. While this'll be better than the Sideshow Indy, it won't be perfect either. I have a feeling I'll still want to use my Sovereign jacket. HT's will probably be a nice leather material, but I doubt it'll have all the signature features of Indy's coat like Sovereign gets.
And you will be fortunate enough to not have to wait forever for it, since you already have it (I kid, I kid!)....

When it comes to scaled leather jackets, HT has been hard to beat.

Arnie Kim or Kojun for that matter might be able to pull it off... or Yuli...

Always agreed that Trev captured Ford... probably the one and only guy to ever nail it. Especially in the PF sculpt. There's nothing like that. We shall see what Christmas Eve brings us.

indy2.png

When it comes to scaled leather jackets, HT has been hard to beat.

They've done great jackets, but I forsee Indy's being kind of like Wolverine or T-800s, but not having the wrinkling and things that make Indy's unique. If they pull it off, great, but it's important that they do, or it'll just be a nice leather jacket, but not Indy's.

I'd imagine this'll come on the Wolverine/Comedian/Royce body, it's got the hairy qualities and it's skinny enough.

Thanks DS!

Oh and I dissagree.. the Wolvie Body is too buff for Indy... maybe it's okay for TOD. He was way bigger in that movie, he was n great shape in ROTLA but very thin/lean.

Thanks DS!

Oh and I dissagree.. the Wolvie Body is too buff for Indy... maybe it's okay for TOD. He was way bigger in that movie, he was n great shape in ROTLA but very thin/lean.

I meant of their existing bodies, I think they could get away with it, the forearms don't look too ripped and the chest on the body isn't too beefy, a Raiders Indy only needs to worry about the neck, chest and forearams being exposed, doesn't matter much if the abs are ripped or the upper arms. Plus, if it's a one time figure, they'll probably opt for it rather than come up with a new body. Han Solo doesn't need that sort of body, so even if they do Star Wars, I don't see them using muscle bodies for Han.

Thanks DS!

The wolverine body is perfect for a ToD Indy. The others would do fine on a TTA or even an NSTT.

I still think even sculpt wise though the overll girth of the body is a tad too thick especially in the biceps and chest. I agree its the best of what they have but hopefully they give Indy something brand new or at least partially new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back