Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stallone as an Icon himself, yes but maybe if it was Rocky or Rambo y'know? The expendables is about as close to being anything close to iconic as you can get. It begs to have corners cut really.

Indy is all around as big as it gets. Indy, Star Wars, Chris Reeves Superman... Terminartor 1 and 2. That's about as big as you can get!

I personally see Barney being one of the worst sellers ever for them. Indy? It's gonna be huge even with a saturated market.

I like Stallone but would never in a million years want Barney

What the ____?

Just wait. :lol

If Carl (Irish Jedi) were here, he'd explain it to you better than I could. As cool as Indy is, he's never been much of a big seller in merchandising. If he had been, the Hasbro line would've been a success, GG's busts best sellers and despite the issues with the Pro, Sideshow's would've sold out as well. Hell, the PF is floating around at below retail, and that goddam thing is as close to perfect as you're gonna get. :(

This is ____, HT better not start the SW license all over, im done collecting if they do, to old for this ____

Filmwise, no. But I wouldn't be surprised if Barney outsells Indy. Indy just seems to fail in the merchandising dept. :(

:lol

Indy outsells him at least 3:1

Indy merchandising overall was weak, but we are just talking a single figure for now. None of those statue, dios, picture books, bobblehead junk.

Oh sorry, I just looked up the exploding Expedibles Collectible Market. I take it back. Barney would outsell Indy 73:1

My bad.

The Expendables though dude! c'mon theres no way that's gonna move... like I said if it were Rocky from the firt film it would be close but still not as important/iconic as Indy.

Its not that Indy stuff sold porly its jus that it was SUPER over produced. None of HT's stuff hangs around, even undesirable figures like the first DK Batman eventually will fetch big bucks

Oh sorry, I just looked up the exploding Expedibles Collectible Market. I take it back. Barney would outsell Indy 73:1

My bad.

Using your rational, "we are just talking a single figure." ;)

The Expendables though dude! c'mon theres no way that's gonna move... like I said if it were Rocky from the firt film it would be close but still not as important/iconic as Indy.

Its not that Indy stuff sold porly its jus that it was SUPER over produced. None of HT's stuff hangs around, even undesirable figures like the first DK Batman eventually will fetch big bucks

That figure will sell mainly because it's Stallone. Regardless of how poorly the movie did. Look at AVP.

I'm actually wondering how Indy could NOT be one of their top 5 sellers of all time in this market of ours?

and this coming from a guy who is bitter as hell about this announcement!

I'm actually wondering how Indy could NOT be one of their top 5 sellers of all time in this market of ours?

and this coming from a guy who is bitter as hell about this announcement!

I'm not bitter about it. And I'll likely spring for it (ONLY if the likeness is there). I bought just about everything they put out for Indy (from LEGOs, to Hasbro's 3 3/4" figures, to GG's busts and Koto's statues, to Sideshow's PF). Unfortunately, realistically, as popular as the character is, the merchandise just doesn't sell well. :(

I'm sure Barney will sell ok but no way does he outsell a Indy figure.

Another 2 key aspects against it. Trevor isn't sculpting and the likely $250 price tag. You can score the PF for less than that!

I have no intention of buying Barney and I like Stallone. But Indiana Jones is a definite buy for me. Now if they did Rocky in his leather jacket and pork pie hat!

53 pages in less then 24 hours, on FB this has gotten a giant response.

Barney Ross? :cuckoo:

Hasbro figures were crap and not a good selection until too late. Sideshows figures all needed work and some were just garbage like Bellosh. Most adults don't buy legos, and Gentle Giant is Gentle Giant.

Indy in 12" = appeals to SW collectors/casual Indy fans as well.

The problem with Indy stuff not selling during the big KOTCS merchandising blitz is that, while there was a lot of stuff available, most of it was crap. This is the piece Indy fans have waited for. While I'm not sure an Indy line would be big sellers for HT, this DX Indy will be huge!

The one reservation I would have about Indy's potential sales is that the sculpt is gonna have to be good. That's the big X-factor.

Despite a lot of the HT hate that seems to be coming out here, they consistently produce good head sculpts (maybe not always perfect or even great, but almost always good nowadays). So, I'm cautiously optimistic. But if they somehow miss the boat and get a sculpt that looks more like some generic guy than Ford (like they did with Prince of Persia, for instance), then I can imagine them having a tough time moving figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back