Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, they already made a Clone Wars

Anakin and it went over about as well as a wet fart in church.
Not talking about how he looks, I'm talking about how the character was presented, and how he was given life through the performance of the voice actor. Hayden didn't have alot to work with, but the job he did with what he had was HORRIBLE.

Hence, Clone wars version is the better Anakin ( looks aside)

Hayden's Stunt Double

NO sir, This is Hayden's stund double. It's the same guy in every movie he does.

B80BF068.jpg

Hayden's ok. :lol

Uncle George definitely contributed to his wooden performance in a big way though, make no mistake. :lecture

Anyway - I don't expect any real news on this supposed release any time soon. I imagine they'll want to continue with the OT theme now - at least for the next figure anyway, because there's been too much water under the bridge to belatedly channel their focus on something that won't be as well received.

When the next film starts creating a buzz again, they'll likely ride the wave then.. after they've used the time to wrestle a sweet position for themselves in the SW market. :lol

Anyway - I don't expect any real news on this supposed release any time soon. I imagine they'll want to continue with the OT theme now - at least for the next figure anyway, because there's been too much water under the bridge to belatedly channel their focus on something that won't be as well received.

Howard Confirmed over a year ago that the next figure to Be released was gonna Be a PT anakin. And that This would Be followed By A Han who would then be followed by another PT Character, Likely Padme.

Given the restrictions placed on Hot toys BY sideshow in regards to this line, the ONLY anakin it CAN be ( unless Sideshow has no intention of producing a kid anakin) is ROTS Anakin.

Negative. The toy liscensing dosn't work that way.

HASBRO has EXCLUSIVE Liscensing Rights to All toys of any flavor Regarding Star Wars ( and several other properties bundled togethor now that Disney owns LFL) Untill AT LEAST 2020.

It's also worth noting that just to be safe, this past July When hasbro extended their Liscense to 2020, they put in specific options to include the new, pending trilogy.

Hasbro Sub-let's the 1/6th Liscense to Sideshow for a cut of their profits ( this is partly why SW figures are as expensive as they are. Sideshow is paying Lucasfilm/Disney AND hasbro) For the "Western Market"

Hasbro has Sub-let the 1/6th lease to Medicom as an "Asian Market" Liscense. Treating the "Asian Market" as a Different Liscense.

Sideshow, in turn, Has a partnership with Hot toys where they "Sub Let" a "Deluxe Figure Line" to Hot toys, with some restrictions placed on what HT can make.

Super short Version, is Hot toys can only make figures that Sideshow either

A) HAs Already made
B) Has NO intention of EVER making
C) Will not make any time soon

As much Star Wars Merch as Sideshow Makes, there is NO REASON that Hasbro would revoke that liscense From Sideshow, as It's Basicly FREE MONEY for hasbro.

They do Virtualy NO work, and collect a check on Every piece Sideshow produces.

ADDITIONALY Becuase of HT Geographical location, they're limited by the "asian Market" thingy Hasbro Created.
Hot toys Would need to go after the Liscense held by Medicom.

NOW THAT SAID, it IS worth noting that Hot toys HAS been cozying up to Hasbro lately. within the past Year, they have become the Official importer and distributor of Hasbro Products in Asia.

The expectation of this is that it's building to hot toys trying to take that Medicom Liscense for themselves.

IF THAT HAPPENS, THEN they can move out from under the Sideshow restrictions.

Howard Confirmed over a year ago that the next figure to Be released was gonna Be a PT anakin. And that This would Be followed By A Han who would then be followed by another PT Character, Likely Padme.

Given the restrictions placed on Hot toys BY sideshow in regards to this line, the ONLY anakin it CAN be ( unless Sideshow has no intention of producing a kid anakin) is ROTS Anakin.

I know that, but so what - they've said a lot of things. :lol

True, but when it comes to releases, The do tend to do what they say.

HOW LONG IT TAKES, However, is something else entirely.

I will buy each of those.

Hope Padme is AOTC.

Took 3 years for Captain Harlock from announce to preorder. still not released
Took 3 years for Metal Gear solid from release to pre order, and another year for release.

Patience is KEY when being a HT fan. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back