Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Anyone think you could fit the Red Snapper suit into one of these displays. It's specs shows it being 13.4" tall & I believe the entire height of a single piece HoA was 13.5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah, I don't think It'll be able to fit.

You gotta take into account the thickiness of the top and bottom plates of the display

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

That's what I was afraid to hear. I want to make an original MK I-VII display & then get another hall of armour, place it right above that one & have 7 of my favourite suits in it. It's a very expensive project but it would look awesome I think

That's what I was afraid to hear. I want to make an original MK I-VII display & then get another hall of armour, place it right above that one & have 7 of my favourite suits in it. It's a very expensive project but it would look awesome I think

That would be friggin awesome!!

That would be friggin awesome!!

It definitely would be! It's gonna be a long process since my bank accounts going to hate me but I really want to get this done

Just got an email saying that my final flex payment has been pushed back from 10/20/13 to 10/25/13

Just got an email saying that my final flex payment has been pushed back from 10/20/13 to 10/25/13

Man. Spidey probably comes out on October, I get charged for my 1/4 scale Bats today, last flex for Evil superman on October as well as this $800 piece.

Jesus Christ.

So this is coming in October now? Guess its time to preporder the set of 4 before I regret it. My mark 1,2,5 and 7 will have a nice home but poor milk warmachine and stark will have to rough it for a while.

I was just on the phone with SSC with a few questions about a few different things, and the customer service rep told me that the plan is that the HOA should arrive to them October 22-23rd

I was just on the phone with SSC with a few questions about a few different things, and the customer service rep told me that the plan is that the HOA should arrive to them October 22-23rd
BD Mark VII + Set of HoA in Oct. :panic:

I had the same idea about stacking them. The problem is that they really arent built as a weight bearing structure. It would likey collapse on its own weight and the top stuff would fall forward.

My idea was to use acrylic to make a table kind of thing. 2 pieces of acrylic with acrylic support beams at the corners for support. 1 row on the bottom, a second row on top supported by the columns.

But you would also need to get the plexiglass custom made as the halls curve inward when put together. A square piece would protrude and look tacky imo.

Just working on a little something.

EFF1D569-6B13-4968-995E-004AEE72E6D9-2569-000005663A8A0822_zps7831d69f.jpg

I had the same idea about stacking them. The problem is that they really arent built as a weight bearing structure. It would likey collapse on its own weight and the top stuff would fall forward.

My idea was to use acrylic to make a table kind of thing. 2 pieces of acrylic with acrylic support beams at the corners for support. 1 row on the bottom, a second row on top supported by the columns.

But you would also need to get the plexiglass custom made as the halls curve inward when put together. A square piece would protrude and look tacky imo.

Ya I didn't really think about the weight they'd have to hold up but seems like you have a good idea of ensuring they hold up & look good still. Hoping that within the next year & a half I'll be able to pull this off. Not bad considering I recently just got into hot toys

I had that same idea! Have Mark 1-VII on the top row and have Mark 42, War Machine, War Machine 2.0, Iron Patriot, Heartbreaker, Silver Centurion, and 1 other on the bottom row. That would be such an amazing display.

I too look forward to getting my very own Hot Toys version of the Hall of Armor, but at the rate they keep pushing the release date to to production and quality concerns stated from customer service it looks like we'll see a release somtime early next year.

Whats the entire width you are looking at there? Thanks in advance

I don't have a measurement on the HOA width yet, but the piece of wood I'm using as a base is 4 feet wide I believe.

Back