Hot Toys Darth Vader : tips , tricks and any other mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I've looked I can't find it. The arms on my Vader are driving me nuts. I want them closer to the waist instead of the " I'm so huge " arms out away from him. does anybody have any pictures of the mods people did to fix this? I know, I'm going back to basics.I think they shaved off the side of the chest or biceps or something to bring the arms closer in. Pictures r very much desired. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi! Have someone do a electronics or sound mod? I'm very annoyed that i can't use this feature :(

Enviado desde mi SM-G900M mediante Tapatalk

I just got some air drying modeling clay for my nose mod. I've never sculpted anything before, so wish me luck [emoji1]

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Good luck! May the Nose be with you!

OK I've looked I can't find it. The arms on my Vader are driving me nuts. I want them closer to the waist instead of the " I'm so huge " arms out away from him. does anybody have any pictures of the mods people did to fix this? I know, I'm going back to basics.I think they shaved off the side of the chest or biceps or something to bring the arms closer in. Pictures r very much desired. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

You will have to go back many pages in the main HT vader thread. If you take the clothes off, the muscle portion of the chest is an attachment that goes over the base body. The underarm 'flaps' are what causes the muscle-bound arms out pose. Cut those under-flaps off and you are good to go. Its very simple

finally found it. Post #8965 in the original thread by chobits55. The mod to get the arms to lay closer to the sides that is. Not to gather up the ballz to do it.....

finally found it. Post #8965 in the original thread by chobits55. The mod to get the arms to lay closer to the sides that is. Not to gather up the ballz to do it.....

Keep in mind that even with the underarm muscle cut away, one of the arms tends to not lay quite as flat as the other, but it helps.

I did the nose-mod. I posted some pictures in the Vader thread, I guess I should have posted them here.

2016-08-16 17.54.36.jpg

Here are some pictures with better light....
2016-08-16 18.52.19.jpg
2016-08-16 18.52.50.jpg

What you guys think? Is it too far back? I kind of like the idea of replacing the plug with modeling clay. Thanks for feedback.

Really nice work on the weathering of the belt buckle and those belt boxes.

Darkening and adding weathering to the gray buttons on the chest box would look great as well.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I also appreciate all the tutorials and "how-to" pics you all have shared.

Will, your Vader is looking good. Its coming along nicely.

Finally managed to remove the lenses - ready to paint the eye surrounds black.

WTC, did you do spray or brushed gunmetal paint? I'm guessing brushed looks more authentic to the ANH look?

Yep. I brushed it on. Just have some reference images from the film on hand so you can see what direction the brush strokes should go in each area.

Also the edge on the "eyelids" are gunmetal. I painted them first, then painted the black on the underside to give the gunmetal a nice edge on the underside of the eyelid. It's almost impossible to see, it's one of those little details, but you'll know... [emoji6]

Back