Hot Toys Darth Vader : tips , tricks and any other mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burn-scar Vader Prowse or just a headsculpt of the actor?

Just the actor for now.
If people want a scarred version, it would be easy enough for them to modify this one.
Or, I could make a scarred version later if there are enough requests for it.

95ff53a71ef53324dea45368f62a1d70.jpg

Last edited:
Peter was 6 feet even- so add 6 inches for Prowse, and the photo makes sense.
(in this photo, Peter must have been wearing his boots- which he rarely did during shooting,
because Lucas was too cheap to make him another pair that fit him properly.)

I'd love to see a sculpt of Dave. The mask I'm working on is faithful to the filming mask for ANH, so I would love to put Daves image behind it.

Yeah I think a Prowse sculpt would be really cool to see as well. Since I've always been just as fascinated by the behind the scenes photos of Vader as the version we see onscreen. In fact that would probably interest me more than the Anakin sculpt that most people want to display him with.

paulcarson and davejames- send me a pm with 'David Prowse' in the title.
When the sculpt is finished, I'll let you know that the sales thread is up.
I already have a few others on the list.

Yeah, I never wanted a scarred Prowse reveal either. We already had a great choice for the unmasking- Sebastian Shaw.

I LOVE this idea!! A great 70's david prowse?!? yes please!!! I'd also love a sculpt of Anthony Daniels to go on a 3PO... would be so cool!!

I LOVE this idea!! A great 70's david prowse?!? yes please!!! I'd also love a sculpt of Anthony Daniels to go on a 3PO... would be so cool!!

Prowes, Daniels and Bulloch head sculpts would be instant orders from me. A Peter Mayhew sculpt would be awesome as well, with dark make up rings around his eyes!

Prowes, Daniels and Bulloch head sculpts would be instant orders from me. A Peter Mayhew sculpt would be awesome as well, with dark make up rings around his eyes!
I'm definitely doing Prowse, (77) and when the HT TFA R2D2 came out, I thought about doing Kenny Baker, (77) head and shoulders, with one hand gripping the top rim of the R2 body. Because of the way the R2 head attaches to the body, it would be a little tricky, but doable.
The Peter Mayhew is a great idea, I hadn't thought of that. Which makes me wonder what the Chewy neck looks like when the head is removed- I have never taken the head off mine. I customized and futzed the head a lot, but just never thought of popping it off to check out the neck joint.

but A. Daniels and J. Bulloch, I'll leave those for someone else to do.

Last edited:
So, I managed to figure out a way to remove the sculpted mesh from the mouth without damaging the teeth.

Before you begin, I should first mention that you will need to cut away the bottom, neck portion of the mask. I have some pics and an explanation of how to do that, earlier in this thread.

What you need to do to get that mesh out without damaging the teeth, is to meticulously sand from the inside of the mask so that the mesh, which is further recessed will become very thin and brittle, while the thicker teeth will remain relatively in tact. All you need to do is sand until you can start to see light pass through the plastic. Then all you need to do is carefully use a needle, and a hobby knife to pop out and trim off the thin brittle plastic.

I’m happy to report that it worked perfectly! The teeth are of course a little more fragile than before, but plenty strong enough to maintain the structural integrity of the mask, and once you instal new mesh, it should further support the teeth.

Here’s some progress pics.

eae890e9a6ba71e8ffdaaa0ed9477a74.jpg
2de417c08df3e64f143d76afde4279dd.jpg
f6e8d255a9f9499ca9bee96f8178b21e.jpg

d95d93b576a5459ac7ab700b3371d616.jpg
11dd40e97e5fb82a0f1e29ccbfdc8f89.jpg
83e99e41d083662a59ae1be1b07c21b8.jpg
46cf4cdeab54af57cdac9d88772b3b85.jpg

I may try to install the new mesh tonight.

I hope this helps some of you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I got antsy wondering how the mesh would look so I just cut, painted, and installed the new replacement mesh. [emoji1]

I think it worked out great. I’m super happy with it.

bc82c39e0102515272ffe3ee199cf7b7.jpg
d548a5c95a6c4ab8e4de667cbcfce464.jpg

2e7f607d6128312326c0800bf609af60.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, even if you don’t like it, I welcome constructive feedback. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back