Hot Toys Covert Mandalorian (Male & Female)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the thing that’s funny to me about the specific designs they chose…

part of the visual storytelling this past season (other gripes aside) was the contrast of bo-katan’s blue-armored, uniform looking mandalorians compared to the mix and match multicolor look of the armorer’s covert.

IMG_1780.jpeg

vs
IMG_1784.jpeg

IMG_1779.jpeg

what colors does hot toys choose to represent the latter? two matching blue ones 😂

like these new figures could loosely mix in with bo koska and axe… and even S1 deathwatch mando in a way. maybe that was their intention for some reason? but we’ve had a lot of primarily blue mandos already.

for varieties sake and to convey the difference in the faction, maybe one of the maroon / orange designs wouldve been more unique and well received:
IMG_1785.jpeg

Here’s the artist himself on the decisions that went into some of the design for these two.

that’s actually dope. dont get me wrong i don’t dislike these designs, I just think for variety compared to what we’ve gotten already, and for narrative reasons, maybe HT shouldve gone w something less blue.

it is cool that these have a bit of lore though, and theyre some of the ones who actually got decent screentime too.

dude tries to flex some artistic s hit, but just be real. These are just complete repaint variants of Axe and Koskar.

Mommy shaped women wear mommy shaped armor. Maidenly women wear armor appropriately molded for how they are shaped.

All kinds of women, all kinds of armor. Makes sense to me. Why must everyone be exactly alike?
Almost as if a Mandalorians armour is deeply personal to them or something :lol

This will test my "all things shaped like a Mandalorian" purchase commitment. Not feeling them...yet.

I thought they’d do something similar to the IM HPP armors for the covert and make a bunch of them, but maybe these will be the only ones they release from that, or the first of many :lol

Last edited:
I thought they’d do something similar to the IM HPP armors for the covert and make a bunch of them, but maybe these will the only ones they release from that, or the first of many :lol

Considering they didn’t even want to make the Death Watch Trooper a deluxe, I’m not holding onto any hope they do a deluxe S3 Mando Trooper.

Back