Hot Toys Clone Wars Figures coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can?t believe its only been a week since the tease. Felt like a lifetime. Hot Toys really know how to keep customers frustrated. Especially knowing that - based on recent figure announcements - none of these will be out until at least early 2022. Yeesh.

perhaps the first figure from this line will be revealed today?
The TESB 40th figures were both revealed last week on this the day

Shock, horror! Total surprise, who could have predicted that the new Rex that they teased the other week has been done in the "realistic" style after all

Okay, sarcastic "told you so" filter switched off ...:wink1:

Well, odd direction choice, all realistic styling except for some reason his helmet now doesn't seem to be an amalgamation of two "real" clone helmets ......its sort of a halfway house animated helmet, not really ticking any boxes for anyone.

No significant reason to upgrade from the sideshow, they look pretty similar to me and if you are a clone purist, sideshow is more accurate. On the plus side, I've just saved a fortune on a line of figures. Guess we will never see those animated figures a lot of us have wanted all these years. Shame.

Shock, horror! Total surprise, who could have predicted that the new Rex that they teased the other week has been done in the "realistic" style after all

Okay, sarcastic "told you so" filter switched off ...:wink1:

Well, odd direction choice, all realistic styling except for some reason his helmet now doesn't seem to be an amalgamation of two "real" clone helmets ......its sort of a halfway house animated helmet, not really ticking any boxes for anyone.

No significant reason to upgrade from the sideshow, they look pretty similar to me and if you are a clone purist, sideshow is more accurate. On the plus side, I've just saved a fortune on a line of figures. Guess we will never see those animated figures a lot of us have wanted all these years. Shame.

This is the exact figure I wanted; exactly as I wanted it. They got me on the hook for a bundle so I'm pretty stoked. The overall reaction in the other thread seems to be very positive to me too.

I'm with you. I have the Sideshow Phase 1 and 2 Rex. They look pretty good still. Not a super expert so not picking up every tiny detail of difference but the two I have look good on the shelf.

How often do you think we will see Hot Toys announcements for new figures? Now that Rex is out of the way I am curious to see who and when will be the next character.

How often do you think we will see Hot Toys announcements for new figures? Now that Rex is out of the way I am curious to see who and when will be the next character.

It’d be nice to get an Armorer or Cara Dune announcement next week. Especially since the Marvel front should be empty since BW has been delayed.

It’d be nice to get an Armorer or Cara Dune announcement next week. Especially since the Marvel front should be empty since BW has been delayed.

I'd be betting on Bespin Lando and Han first with the ESB 40th anniversary. Then a couple more Mandalorian figures a bit later in the year as hype starts to build for Season 2.

They still might put up Black Widow figures as to not delay their own production schedules even further.

I really doubt they'll do that. Without the movie hype the figure isn't going to be a preorder for a lot of people, and with it coming out 6 months from now, their production schedule would be messed up if they all of the sudden had an influx of preorders, or worse if they find a lot of people wanting a preorder and not being able to do that.

Really wouldn't be shocked if they rebranded those ROTS 212th clones, Airborne Troopers, and Battle Droids as Clone Wars. If it gets them up for pre-order then I fully support that.

I'd be betting on Bespin Lando and Han first with the ESB 40th anniversary. Then a couple more Mandalorian figures a bit later in the year as hype starts to build for Season 2.

I don?t see those anytime soon. The Vintage Fett is an exception because it?s being fast tracked to actually release this year.

A ESB Han and Lando wouldn?t even come out until 2022 if announced. Horrible timing if they wanted to capitalize on the ESB 40th. Has either even been confirmed? I feel like people have just been Been hoping for those since Hot Toys started making SW figures.

I don?t see those anytime soon. The Vintage Fett is an exception because it?s being fast tracked to actually release this year.

A ESB Han and Lando wouldn?t even come out until 2022 if announced. Horrible timing if they wanted to capitalize on the ESB 40th. Has either even been confirmed? I feel like people have just been Been hoping for those since Hot Toys started making SW figures.

Well Howard Chan (Hot Toys CEO) confirmed ESB Lando was in development a couple of years ago in an interview.

I explained somewhere that years can go by until these figures find the right time to be released. This 40 year anniversary is perfect, also considering Lando is also in the minds of people post TROS. I think he'll definitely be in one of these Vintage sets.

Why would they not capitalise on those any time soon ? Bespin Leia is out. Do you think she is the only one they will do from ESB Bespin ? ESB Han was even shown in her release pics.

Sure they'd come out in 2022, but it's about getting people to pre-order them now. In the US Sideshow may order enough to enable people to purchase as a normal product on release, but in the rest of the world its pre-order or miss out. Or pay inflated prices.

We can have a non-monetary bet if you like. I say that ESB Han and Lando will be put up for pre-order this year.

Well Howard Chan (Hot Toys CEO) confirmed ESB Lando was in development a couple of years ago in an interview.

I explained somewhere that years can go by until these figures find the right time to be released. This 40 year anniversary is perfect, also considering Lando is also in the minds of people post TROS. I think he'll definitely be in one of these Vintage sets.

Why would they not capitalise on those any time soon ? Bespin Leia is out. Do you think she is the only one they will do from ESB Bespin ? ESB Han was even shown in her release pics.

Sure they'd come out in 2022, but it's about getting people to pre-order them now. In the US Sideshow may order enough to enable people to purchase as a normal product on release, but in the rest of the world its pre-order or miss out. Or pay inflated prices.

We can have a non-monetary bet if you like. I say that ESB Han and Lando will be put up for pre-order this year.

It's cool. I've been collecting long enough to know that Howard's/Hot Toys words mean nothing by the amount of stuff they've shown and just swept under the rug. The guy's word has no credibility with me right now so I don't get invested in anything he says.

But your reasoning is right. I can't disagree that that's a smart business decision. But I'm just skeptical because I've been hearing people clamoring for Han and Lando for YEARS and I'm just over of hearing it at this point. Hot Toys has shown no nothing to make me believe they care about any anniversary's and this Fett and Vader are all we'll get to acknowledge the ESB's 40th Anniversary from them.

But I'd be so happy to be proven otherwise, I have no problem with that. I saw the Lando Black Series at Target this morning and thinking how it's a shame we don't have him in Hot Toys form is very disappointing.

SDCC, even if it's just online only.

Yep. Agreed. Let's hope we're right.

I really hope they have a virtual SDCC. Has this been confirmed actually ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the actual Con is doing something, if I had to be I think it might be mainly oriented towards media rather than toys but we'll see. Even prior to that announcement NECA said they'd be revealing stuff the week it was supposed to take place, so I'm hoping everyone does that. I'm pretty sure that's Hot Toys' biggest show in terms of reveals, so they gotta.

Back