Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only been popping in and out of this thread, but the tone I'm picking up about this figure's QC isn't good. From what I can recall, the OC Bats on which this figure is based had nil - or almost nil - QC issues. It's bad enough that HT appears to have botched a release, but to botch one that should have been a no-brainer to get right is disappointing to say the least. I'm sorry to all the guys who have had these issues as it should have been a release to get excited about unboxing.

Damn Difabio , that sucks buddy , sorry to hear of the breakage . I hope you fix it man , and congrats on getting a great suit with no flaws

lol wow these defects. what the ____

This is a huge release, how and why did they manage to ____ this up

thanks for all the compliments guys

Here's some more. :D
Love the cape. It truly completes the figure.

BaleBatman04.jpg

BaleBatman05.jpg

BaleBatman06.jpg

BaleBatman07.jpg

BaleBatman08.jpg

think its down to the fact that they never expected to be doing a run of this scale, but becuase of the scalpers there hand was forced and they have been under pressure ever since !

Ha ha the fig is that bad that we are resorting to cape appreciation !!!

Got mine two days ago, but I've been too busy to post.

I too have issues.

1. Right Foot is extremely loose, I'm assuming it's broken like everyone else's.

2. Right shoulder seems to be messed up and I can barely pose this arm.

3. Shiny adhesive spots on the Bale sculpt.

4. Kneepads seem to be in weird spots.

5. Cape will hardly stay in the shoulder pegs.

This figure looks pretty cool, but with all of these issues I can't pose him in any dynamic ways.

I guess I should contact Sideshow and see what they're willing to do, otherwise I may just ask for a refund. Is that even possible?

Is that even possible?

Within 30 days, it's always an option you have.

think its down to the fact that they never expected to be doing a run of this scale, but becuase of the scalpers there hand was forced and they have been under pressure ever since !

Ha ha the fig is that bad that we are resorting to cape appreciation !!!

I'm not sure who HT was getting back at, us or the scalpers. And, with the spooktacular release timing, it may have turned out to be more of a trick than a treat. Let me know if you'd like any more puns. :)

BTW: that cape in the last set of pictures is a custom made by Ilforgino. So, that's not even the figures stock cape.

Holy Crap Tom you bought this figure?:horror I didn't take you for a Batman fan nor a Hot Toys figure buyer.:panic: I thought you were strickly horror? Well welcome to the Plastic Crack Addiction my Friend :lol

I loved Nolan's Batman movies, and Begins is my favorite. Since the 2.0 DX Joker is soon to be out (hopefully) I'll get that and a Scarecrow. The Dexter figs and this Batman are the only figures I actually have any more.

Bad enough when this $h!t happens on a NECA figure, but a $200 plus Hot Toys figure? Ridiculous.

Maybe this is their way of appeasing the owners of MMS67 who were p!$$ed off about this figure.

So are they supposed to send out new boots or what? Do you send it back?

Let's make use of the stock cape. I have an idea to wire it up but I don't know how to implement it. What kind of wire could I use that won't break from some bending?

Bad enough when this $h!t happens on a NECA figure, but a $200 plus Hot Toys figure? Ridiculous.

Maybe this is their way of appeasing the owners of MMS67 who were p!$$ed off about this figure.

I've said before that I certainly wasn't pissed off when this figure was first announced, having paid big bucks for my OC Bats a year ago - but I can say it seems more and more like a bargain when I read about the issues folks are having with this release. Bats is such a great a character. It's just a damned shame they couldn't get it right - being based on a solid figure to begin with, every figure should've come out of the factory near perfect, but that obviously hasn't happened... of all the releases to stuff up :(

Within 30 days, it's always an option you have.

I'm not sure who HT was getting back at, us or the scalpers. And, with the spooktacular release timing, it may have turned out to be more of a trick than a treat. Let me know if you'd like any more puns. :)

BTW: that cape in the last set of pictures is a custom made by Ilforgino. So, that's not even the figures stock cape.

I think they have just made a huge balls up with QC, such a mess. Mine has been delivered anyway so roll on 4pm BST so i can inspect it.

I know bud i own two of them they are great capes, cant believe its come to this though !!!!

The onus should be on the quality of the figure and the great likeness that it has

Mine will arrive home Tuesday.

My first HT figure, I'm very worried about the issues...I'm not sure If I'll keep it or sell it on ebay...

I can't believe that I have paid 250 dolars for something with so much issues...

Last edited:
Mine will arrive home Tuesday.

My first HT figure, I'm very worried about the issues...I'm not sure If I'll keep it or sell it on ebay...

I can't believed that I have paid 250 dolars for something with so much issues...
Yeah, I don't know if I have bad luck or not. I've had some sort of defect with everything I have bought whether it is Sideshow, Enterbay or Hot Toys.

My spooktacular mug has a faint smudge that I cannot get rid of!

So yeah! I want to wire the stock cape after Lforgino ships over the custom. Would like to make the stock cloak sort've shape into the glider cloak from the end of the first movie.

I got mine earlier this week and I had to get the Ifornigno capes, what a real difference it made. I have no issues with this figure, I guess I got lucky. This is one case when I am glad Hot Toys did a re-release, The DX02 was very lonely. I put the Bale sculpt on a TT with a suit and is it me or does that head seem really small? I used a dyed Bank Robber Joker suit and the Police Joker white shirt but something seems off, maybe a better tie?

IMG_0390.jpg

Back