Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the ____? So they did add a layer of paint to this. :lol

I bet this ____ peels off after awhile and underneath is an OC looking Batman suit. That's probably why this sucker looks bad in a lot of pics and is such a dust magnet. They added a coat of ____ on this. Why the hell would they do that? Hahahahaha.

I guess if nothing else, you could rub the rest of it off. Perhaps there's a chemical that could remove it without damaging the rubber.

I don't know if this is sarcasm or not but with it being $250...wouldnt you think to be extra careful?:dunno. Price doesn't imply durability.

:exactly:
I managed to swap the heads, take the harness off, and put the cape on without causing any damage.

What the ____? So they did add a layer of paint to this. :lol

I bet this ____ peels off after awhile and underneath is an OC looking Batman suit. That's probably why this sucker looks bad in a lot of pics and is such a dust magnet. They added a coat of ____ on this. Why the hell would they do that? Hahahahaha.

Is that shiny black underneath the body?
I know the DX body is black coloured, and that picture looks like rubber has ripped apart

Word of caution for you guys. Be extremely careful when swapping the heads out. Mine got stuck and yah... it's not like you can really hold anything tightly because the rubber suit isn't really on tight. By the time I finally swapped things out, I found that I've damaged the suit.

Did you try removing the head without removing the harness? That nylon probably was like sandpaper on the coating. I don't know whey they used that coating, but it doesn't seem to have been worth the risk really.

Is that shiny black underneath the body?
I know the DX body is black coloured, and that picture looks like rubber has ripped apart

Hard to tell due to the lighting.

My guess is they took the existing black rubber body and painted it with a matte black paint finish coat. I mean it doesn't look like there are rips in that pic, it looks like the finish is peeling off revealing the regular rubber body suit.

I don't know. When I get mine I'm going to compare this thoroughly with the OC.

I'm curious, why didn't they just produce these the same way they produced the original OC Batman figure? I don't remember seeing these problems in 2008.

SS charged my card for this and a Mark V on Friday and neither of them have shipped. Wonder what the hold-up is? :impatient:

Hard to tell due to the lighting.

My guess is they took the existing black rubber body and painted it with a matte black paint finish coat. I mean it doesn't look like there are rips in that pic, it looks like the finish is peeling off revealing the regular rubber body suit.

I don't know. When I get mine I'm going to compare this thoroughly with the OC.

I'm curious, why didn't they just produce these the same way they produced the original OC Batman figure? I don't remember seeing these problems in 2008.

I think making so many figures has made their QC come down many pegs. They did not have to contend with so much back in 2008, and they was not as big back then, so they made sure the customer was happy.
The Batman DX ironically was when things started to get worse

I think making so many figures has made their QC come down many pegs. They did not have to contend with so much back in 2008, and they was not as big back then, so they made sure the customer was happy.
The Batman DX ironically was when things started to get worse

I hope the sum of these things doesn't bode poorly for the 89 bats. I can live if I have to return this for a refund, but that one would be significantly harder if it came out riddled with problems.

Anyone know where I can get this thing for a reasonable price. It has exploded on ebay, and I can't find one for less than in the 300s. Im looking to pay under $250. I just can't jusitfy spending more than that for a figure.

Anyone know where I can get this thing for a reasonable price. It has exploded on ebay, and I can't find one for less than in the 300s. Im looking to pay under $250. I just can't jusitfy spending more than that for a figure.

There are no places that are selling this for a reasonable price. You could get on Sideshow's waitlist, some people mentioned doing that recently and getting converted the following day.

Forget ebay. You won't find a reasonable price there. There are way too many idiots bidding them up.

Are you sure you even want this thing though? Look at all the issues above.

Get on the waitlist at this rate it will be converted tomorrow.

My limit is $200 for a 1:6 unless I absolutely am obsessed with the figure I might go 225. As cool as this looks it just isnt worth the price to me considering there isnt a great deal to go along with the suit and sculpt. The reported problems that people are having was the deal breaker here.

Yes. $200+ for a 12" figure, and so many issues. Just wait until the rubber is all gooey in a couple of years. :) Fortunately by then, the novelty is gone, and we don't care about the $225 any more.

My final payment is next week and i am now having doubts on weather to cancel this.
My Main concern now if it it damaged that i have to send it back, I live in the UK so i will get a customs charge for the initial delivery which is normally around £30.00 per item. Then another 30.00 customs charge for the replacment.
Don't worry, you don't have to pay again for the replacement. SSC sees to that.

Swapping the heads and cape is a freaking nightmare
IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

Honestly, if I end up having to get a refund for this because I get a damaged one, then they can take that Batman 89 figure and shine it up real nice. And you know the rest.

For the head I used a blow dryer to warm it up. For the cape put your index into thebody and press the clips in with your thumb. Pretty hard to explain. Just keep at it and it'll go in. Make sure you follow the directions and remove the round clips on the cape itself.

Thanx for this. No wonder. I had a hard tke putting the cape. I didnt remove the round clips :slap

Honestly, if I end up having to get a refund for this because I get a damaged one, then they can take that Batman 89 figure and shine it up real nice. And you know the rest.

^^ and sell it? Nice of you to give them permission like that :hi5:

Swapping the heads and cape is a freaking nightmare
But it isn't like living in a living nightmare though. . .or is it???

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boc5JfvtB28[/ame]

Just Got mine!!!! F&#KING Mint , thank god . Sorry to all the Freaks that got a Damaged Bats . I hope sideshow takes care of you

Full pics later
ocbatmannew001.jpg

ocbatmannew003.jpg

ocbatmannew004.jpg

ocbatmannew005.jpg

ocbatmannew006.jpg

ocbatmannew007.jpg

Back