Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the cape looks really good there. If I didn't already have a custom velvet, I'd think about just leaving the HT cape.

Im crazy enough that i bought an extra pair of gauntlets and repainted them black gloss to match the movie ones :lol:cuckoo:

Oh and i made a custom velvet cape to go with it :D

Im a movie accurate freak :)

Im crazy enough that i bought an extra pair of gauntlets and repainted them black gloss to match the movie ones :lol:cuckoo:

Oh and i made a custom velvet cape to go with it :D

Im a movie accurate freak :)

Mind if i ask how you went about repainting your gauntlets? I really want to do mine, to give them that movie glossy look but i've never done any kind of painting before.

Mind if i ask how you went about repainting your gauntlets? I really want to do mine, to give them that movie glossy look but i've never done any kind of painting before.

Well the cheapet gauntlets i found on ebay were the demon batman ones. So i sanded down the burn marks and applied testors black gloss paint. Apply a thin layer paint on your brush and stroke the brush in one motion. Btw i didnt use water on the brush. After your done painting let it dry for two days.

Its very simple

Hope this helped some what.

Goodluck :)

Well the cheapet gauntlets i found on ebay were the demon batman ones. So i sanded down the burn marks and applied testors black gloss paint. Apply a thin layer paint on your brush and stroke the brush in one motion. Btw i didnt use water on the brush. After your done painting let it dry for two days.

Its very simple

Thanks man, if i feel brave enough i might give it a go. You'll have to post some pics when you get the figure with your repainted gauntlets, to see how it turned out. :)

I just called sideshow. Mike said that they are trying to process all orders as quick as possible. He said even though they charged us today they wouldnt ship it tomorrow.

That's what their email said.

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Batman - Bruce Wayne (Batsuit Ver) TF Exclusive - Batman Begins 12-inch figure (SKU# 901489)! Sideshow is excited to begin shipping orders for this highly anticipated Hot Toys item as soon as possible, and as such we have moved up the shipping date to Thursday, October 13th (not October 20th as may have been previously stated).

Its very simple

Thanks man, if i feel brave enough i might give it a go. You'll have to post some pics when you get the figure with your repainted gauntlets, to see how it turned out. :)

o_O That's a bit extreme when black acrylic gloss or clear gloss could have dried in 30 minutes. Without getting high as a kite.

Or if you really want to cheat, wax polish.

My wait list reservation number changed to an order number :D , how much do SSC charge for shipping?

o_O That's a bit extreme when black acrylic gloss or clear gloss could have dried in 30 minutes. Without getting high as a kite.

Or if you really want to cheat, wax polish.

As i said, i've never done any customising or painting, so dont know anything about it. What would you say is the best/easiest way for a total beginner to do it without the risk of f-ing it up royally?

Back