Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened mine not too long ago. I notice the chest is somewhat dented on his right side. Super bummed as I can be a little ocd about something once I notice it. Anyone else have this? I'm guessing it's from the harness. :(

Never do I wait to open HT figures again....

Why does everyone display this figure with the hands straight down, closed fists, and angry mouth? It doesn't seem like a natural pose for Batman. In fact, it makes the figure look rather constipated.

Why does everyone display this figure with the hands straight down, closed fists, and angry mouth? It doesn't seem like a natural pose for Batman. In fact, it makes the figure look rather constipated.

Having a sad childhood and sleeps at 3am will cause an eating disorder, eating disorder usually cause constipation
I think constipated pose suit batman the most

Well....

(In my opinion) having such a stance highlight's Bruce's pain and anger at his parents' murder. His angry mouth shows an insight into the man underneath the cowl, struggling with his emotions and inner demons. His clenched fists demonstate how he is always prepared to take on a criminal, whilst symbolising his struggle to control himself. His static stance suggests he is in the shadows, or poised on a rooftop, always aware and constantly surveying; a man totally committed to watching over and protecting his city. It also reflects how real bats simply hang upside down, not moving, often seen as dangerous and foreboding. By using a pose like this, it is possible to elevate what is just a figure into a real piece of art that captures the mythology and essense of a character loved the world over in comics, books, film and TV.

But yeah, I can go with constipated if you wanna :duff

:peace

It's all in the legs. Cover the legs with the cape.

P1000990.jpg

P10008011.jpg

I don't know why but the legs are extremely goofy looking...

Zach which cape are you using? Also is there a difference with which belt you are using?

Thanks for the tips.

Yeah you're right. What a silly pose. Batman never does that.

These comments reminded me that I need to find a 1/6 scale toilet. Because if you DID put Bats in that pose, but make him pop a squat, with THAT particular mouth part....well, Comedy!!!
;)

Zach which cape are you using? Also is there a difference with which belt you are using?

Thanks for the tips.

I'm using the Takara cape and gauntlets. If you have a chance though, get one of Lance's capes, they are really nice. They are based of the takara template as well. I used Maglor's tutorial to fix the cape clips (mine are backwards still though). :slap

You should be using the belt with the "pockets" not the one that is sleek and flat all the way around, that's for the first night out bruce.

No problem man. :duff

I'm using the Takara cape and gauntlets. If you have a chance though, get one of Lance's capes, they are really nice. They are based of the takara template as well. I used Maglor's tutorial to fix the cape clips (mine are backwards still though). :slap

You should be using the belt with the "pockets" not the one that is sleek and flat all the way around, that's for the first night out bruce.

No problem man. :duff

Pockets? Does one have a cell phone and one doesn't?

Do you have a link to the cape clip fix?

When you say lance you mean LF?

Still glad I got this one myself, It was my first hot toys batman and I am still very happy with it. I now have the keaton batman and pre-ordered the new dx dark knight rise version too.

DX version almost certain..HT will want "revenge" on EB's 1/4 Bats....

I'd be down for a DX only if they can finally get Bales eyes right for the PERS. That's the only this that bothers me on the DX12. They'll be a new BB suit down the road. I'm certain of it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Pockets? Does one have a cell phone and one doesn't?

Do you have a link to the cape clip fix?

When you say lance you mean LF?

This belt:

$T2eC16FHJHEE9ny2p)s4BQ!FudrOVQ~~60_3.JPG

Not this one:

$(KGrHqUOKpYE5c1DIrczBOgsGgQIm!~~60_35.JPG

Clip mod:

Just did my version of Jye's clip mod.

I used electrical tape and trimmed it to tape the clips to the washers:

IMG_5222.jpg

The washer and clip are tightly butted up against each other so they function as one ridged unit.

Slide them under the cowl like so:

IMG_5224.jpg

Voila!

IMG_5226.jpg

Anyone doing this mod: Do yourself a favor and make it appear that the cape is actually being held in place by the clips like above rather than having the cape be behind and separate from the clips like so:

001-6.jpg

Sorry DiFab - you're not the only one who has done this, but I had the annotated pic handy.

Again, cape should be coming from under the clips not from behind the clips:

sq_batman_bale_wb_050420.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the tip to use the washers Jye, it works great!

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

And yes, they are lforgino's (I believe that's how it's spelled) capes. Same one as in Maglor's pics above.

:duff

Back