Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your guide. I almost didn' t do the mod but it just kept bugging me that his ankle was broken.

Hey guys, I just bought this figure yesterday and it is awesome. However, the groin of the suit wasn't glued. What can I use to glue it? Super glue? And I dunno if the ankle is broken or what, both of it's ankle seems very soft :(

Hey guys, I just bought this figure yesterday and it is awesome. However, the groin of the suit wasn't glued. What can I use to glue it? Super glue? And I dunno if the ankle is broken or what, both of it's ankle seems very soft :(

Whatever you do, don't try to put the boots off, that will break the bootfeet for sure.

It will break sooner or later. Mine did. :monkey2

For what it's worth, the ankles on mine have been fine and I had one of the first ones to ship. I hate that so many people got defective ones.....

Despite it's problem, I think it is a very brilliant looking figure. It's one of my favorite hot toys along with superman. Almost wanted to give this figure a pass to get the 1989 batman until I heard it might have oil issues. Never regretted getting this batman though :)

Whatever you do, don't try to put the boots off, that will break the bootfeet for sure.

I don't understand. Don't you have to take the boots off to get to the ankles? So if you suspect you have a broken ankle and it isn't, are you saying that just taking off the boot to check will break it?

I don't understand. Don't you have to take the boots off to get to the ankles? So if you suspect you have a broken ankle and it isn't, are you saying that just taking off the boot to check will break it?

I sold a perfect good Bruce Wayne/Baman and the buyer decided to check the ankle cause he had already had bought two that were broken. So when he tried to pull off the boot he broke the ankle. Now he tells me he got it that way, but I know he didn't because he also tells be the lower leg is hang from the upper leg and the only way that happens is someone pulled on it. Long story short, he returns it and I fixed it with the Bootfoot mod and just decide to keep it. The plastic is defective and brittle, so it's just going to break with any stress placed on it.

Last edited:
6a00d8341c581e53ef01116886bf01970c-500wi

I learned that the hard way. I tried rolling down much of the boot because I couldn't get any grip trying to take out the feet. Ended up ripping the rubber off the actual boot. Made it alot easier to replace it with a TT foot however. Super-glued the rubber back to the boot and it looks as good as new.

Also, never ever use the "digital zoom" function that's on most cell phones and point 'n shoot cameras. That just enlarges the image and makes it look much much worse. If you have the option, always use the "Optical Zoom." That's a "real" zoom. Do your cropping after you've got the image on your computer. Most cameras nowadays can do that kind of simple editing on the device but I find it clumsy and frustrating.

Back