Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Dubya sculpt by Adams, painted by Seb, shot from weird angles! :lol

IMG_2192.jpg
IMG_2194.jpg
IMG_2200.jpg

Wish my photography skills were good. :monkey2

Paintjob from Seb for Adam's BW is great, only thing I don't like about it is the eyebrows, they always seems to be in a sad expression.

I guess its not impossible, but never seen anybody try that yet. Guess the actual movie suit should've been (logically) held by clips, but they never showed that. It could be done on the HT one too, but would take a custom cape (and clips) like lforigno's to make it happen :dunno

Unmasked.png

But most people don't use the Hot Toys cape.

Well yeah, but Jackhepburn asked if you could display the figure with cape but without cowl, and people were saying this:

Do you mean with the cape on but no cowl?

That wouldn't work on the Begins figure [...]

I guess its not impossible, but never seen anybody try that yet. Guess the actual movie suit should've been (logically) held by clips, but they never showed that. It could be done on the HT one too, but would take a custom cape (and clips) like lforigno's to make it happen :dunno

Unless I'm missing something here, I just wanted to make clear that it is possible with the HT figure with its stock cape (at least with the OC Batman, and I don't know of any differences with this reissue). It most likely won't look good, but it can be done.

Well yeah, but Jackhepburn asked if you could display the figure with cape but without cowl, and people were saying this:

Unless I'm missing something here, I just wanted to make clear that it is possible with the HT figure with its stock cape (at least with the OC Batman, and I don't know of any differences with this reissue). It most likely won't look good, but it can be done.

I agree, but my point was since few people use the HT cape the chance of see a picture are very slim to none.

^^^ That looks good. :)

There must be somethinf you can do about that neck length...

[Edit] On second thought, that must be mostly lens distortion. I mean, the head is larger than the HT head, but it looks absolutly ginormous in that pic! :google :lol

Unmasked.png

Yeah, I was thinking that the clips for the cape were part of the cowl on the actual suit. I didn't realize that there was actually a scene in Begins where he had the cape on without the cowl.

It seems I was mistaken. It wouldn't work with lforigno's capes (and I thought it couldn't work with the on-screen cape), but it certainly seems to work with the HT cape. :)

I guess its not impossible, but never seen anybody try that yet.

It wouldn't work with lforigno's capes

Originally in post #4478:

P1000486.JPG

P1000484.JPG

It will work with lforigno's cape if you trim off the fabric at the front of the neck hole and insert the clips through the wings. I don't like the way the clasps are floating, but haven't had time to deal with it. I don't know if I can push them in further, or if I need to trim the posts down. I suspect the latter... stock cape was probably thicker and took up the gap.

There must be somethinf you can do about that neck length...

[Edit] On second thought, that must be mostly lens distortion. I mean, the head is larger than the HT head, but it looks absolutly ginormous in that pic! :google :lol

:lol I know!

And, yup, it should be the lens distortion thing, as everybody has the same head but somehow I have managed to make it look stupid. :( Need to really learn a trick or two about photography. Will do some more research on the subject. Guess its got to do with either one has the knack of taking pics or doesn't. Right now I have this one, but have seen people take pretty classy shots using it:

1250846924Digital_IXUS_120_IS_BLACK_BCK1jpg-v1_0.jpg

P1000486.JPG

P1000484.JPG

It will work with lforigno's cape if you trim off the fabric at the front of the neck hole and insert the clips through the wings. I don't like the way the clasps are floating, but haven't had time to deal with it. I don't know if I can push them in further, or if I need to trim the posts down. I suspect the latter... stock cape was probably thicker and took up the gap.

That's what I imagined. And, the clips do not look that bad Steven. The pics have come out pretty good too. :)

P1000484.JPG

I really like the way this looks. I see what your saying about the clips but they really don't look all that bad, just a little trim like you said. I may do this when I get my lforigo cape for the BB suit.

:lol I know!

And, yup, it should be the lens distortion thing, as everybody has the same head but somehow I have managed to make it look stupid. :( Need to really learn a trick or two about photography. Will do some more research on the subject. Guess its got to do with either one has the knack of taking pics or doesn't. Right now I have this one, but have seen people take pretty classy shots using it:
QUOTE]

Dont feel bad dude I'm in the same boat. I have an older canon that takes pretty good pic but I don't know fully how to use it which is really frustrating some times I can really puill off some nice shots check it out:

IMG_1488.jpg

And other times they turn out like poo. I wish I had the manual it came with.

One easy tip to remember to avoid lens distortion is backing up from the figure and zooming in, increasing the focal length. :) Just try it out and mess with it a bit, and compare photos afterwards.

Back