Hot Toys Bespin Luke 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too hope the face is just a placeholder, but really what's primarily throwing the likeness for me (and this applies to most of Hot Toys' Luke figures), is the hair simply isn't 'poofy' enough, for lack of a better term. Okay, perhaps 'fuller' would be a better term, heh. A lot of the Luke figures from HT look like they have "helmet hair", where it's laying very close to his skull. Hamill had that luxurious late 70's/early 80's hair going on, and that should be focused on just as much as the face, when trying to nail the likeness.

Reusing a RotJ headsculpt for this figure would be the most egregious error HT will have ever made on a SW figure. They have made mistakes and done some odd things before, but nothing like this.

They gave us an entirely new Stormtrooper helmet, when the differences are fairly subtle and honestly wouldn't even be noticed by a sizable chunk of their audience.

Which is why I strongly believe it is just a placeholder. Sculpting and painting a new hairpiece for a head you already have is a quick solution when the intended head sculpt isn't ready/approved/finished.

I will be shocked if that is the head when this goes up for pre-order.

It will be for prototype display purposes. They changed the 85 headsculpt again after official pics went up.

Reusing a RotJ headsculpt for this figure would be the most egregious error HT will have ever made on a SW figure. They have made mistakes and done some odd things before, but nothing like this.

They gave us an entirely new Stormtrooper helmet, when the differences are fairly subtle and honestly wouldn't even be noticed by a sizable chunk of their audience.

Which is why I strongly believe it is just a placeholder. Sculpting and painting a new hairpiece for a head you already have is a quick solution when the intended head sculpt isn't ready/approved/finished.

I will be shocked if that is the head when this goes up for pre-order.

When they first displayed hermit Luke from TLJ, they reused the head sculpt from Luke at the end of TFA. But when they released the figure, it was a totally new head sculpt. So there's hope that this is just a placeholder.

I am with you. I believe it is the same sculpt, different hairpiece.
I hope they do a new sculpt.

But if that is not the case, I think the major upgrade is the jacket (set of jacket and trousers to avoid color differences).
The jacket on the previous release felt too short on the sleeves.
The sleeves showed too much of the wrist pegs to my taste, even the arms.

I think this jacket looks better, tailoring is more smooth, and is bigger in size.
Especially if you think of using it on the old DX07 body, which seems to be thinner than this "bulky" ESB Luke.

That's how I see it so far.

View attachment 461565

The DX 07 body is taller than the other Hot Toy´s Lukes, so is posible the jacket Will be the same in a short body (the same body of all the rest of Lukes). I don´t know, is only a idea.

Here's some pics of the clothes specifically as requested.
53738072d73b7d56b1687354278db42b.jpg
80e4ddbbd50c855e013ff01db533ba53.jpg
c4c5507702827f6abb475a7d6c09c5c3.jpg
5530e8a862d247227601dab853c9586b.jpg
757eb0d45a493f810a2f8db90923d2ca.jpg
9bf0cf4b4b0925332daeb0cb32736ca7.jpg
94f2cd5c8fa2a01af59eb44d4cd0c84a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Here's some pics of the clothes specifically as requested.
c4c5507702827f6abb475a7d6c09c5c3.jpg

Boots look like they are a pic of a black series 6" figure. Maybe they are unfinished, but those look horrible.

I wasn't a huge fan of the pleather DX07 boots - partly due to deterioration risk, but mostly because I think sculpted might have captured the look a bit better. It's hard to get the pleather to billow like those ESB style boots do. BUt DX07 boots look way better than these new ones.

Jaw line is too square for my liking. I personally don't mind sculpts with eyes positioned glancing sideways--I am getting sick of Hot Toys insisting on having sculpts stare upward!

9e50f50163449da766d4ac43f683e12a.jpg

I think I’ll get this instead (Black Series Hyperreal line)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm quite certain the HT v2 will be awesome when they finally PO it. I look forward to it. Just don't like this proto.

I actually think the proto is fine, but that may only be because I considered bashing DX07 with ROTJ Luke. If they improve it, that'd take it from 'fine' to exciting.

Back