Hot Toys Bespin Luke 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So HT just put up Rocket from Avengers: Endgame, using again the same sculpt with the screaming expression from the previous two Rocket figures. To me, that doesn’t portend well for this Bespin Luke 2.0 likely having a new sculpt, and that the recycled RotJ sculpt with a Bespin styled hairpiece is what it’ll likely be.

Of course I hope I’m wrong, but I personally wouldn’t expect a brand new one. It seems HT is recycling sculpts more often these days and using the same ones for as long as they can, only making slight alterations to the paint.

So HT just put up Rocket from Avengers: Endgame, using again the same sculpt with the screaming expression from the previous two Rocket figures. To me, that doesn’t portend well for this Bespin Luke 2.0 likely having a new sculpt, and that the recycled RotJ sculpt with a Bespin styled hairpiece is what it’ll likely be.

Of course I hope I’m wrong, but I personally wouldn’t expect a brand new one. It seems HT is recycling sculpts more often these days and using the same ones for as long as they can, only making slight alterations to the paint.

Its a a decent enough sculpt. New hair is all it will need to make him look more “bespin-y”.

Needs to look a bit younger, a bit skinnier and yeah, definitely a lot more industrial grimy "bespin-y".

Its a a decent enough sculpt. New hair is all it will need to make him look more “bespin-y”.

It’s a decent sculpt, yes, but I don’t really think the slightly open mouth, toothy expression fits all that well with ESB/Bespin Luke as much as it does with RotJ Luke. Even though it’s not a well liked sculpt (I personally think it’s the best OT Luke sculpt), I think the expression on the clean DX07 sculpt is perfect.

It’s a decent sculpt, yes, but I don’t really think the slightly open mouth, toothy expression fits all that well with ESB/Bespin Luke as much as it does with RotJ Luke. Even though it’s not a well liked sculpt (I personally think it’s the best OT Luke sculpt), I think the expression on the clean DX07 sculpt is perfect.

I doubt they will change it at this stage.

A hyperreal figure is fine if you're collecting figures of the same scale. As I won't own any other 8" figures I won't be going near it. Here's just hoping that the final production figure is well tailored with good leatherwork. Any work on the sculpt would be welcome but we've seen that even getting a good hairsculpt working with a head can really help it work.

I think the problem with that HT ROTJ facesculpt (and presumably Bespin 2.0) is he kind of has "baby teeth" both top and bottom and it fills the mouth. I think if the top teeth were painted a bit bigger and the lower teeth a bit smaller, it would help. Hamill has fairly prominent front/upper teeth.

I may try that, but not sure I want to risk it. It would be super delicate work.

There's no way I'm rebuying this figure if it's the same sculpt. I really hope they produce another one because then this is extreme level laziness for what Hot Toys is charging for these.

If they pack this figure with accessories like dagobah supply boxes, a backpack, or an interchangeable upper torso that can do a handstand I will be very interested. HT could easily make it like the Deluxe AOU Hulk similar to the Hasbro 4 inch figure.
c22c6318f38b1cd37fd2a305cacc0a5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they pack this figure with accessories like dagobah supply boxes, a backpack, or an interchangeable upper torso that can do a handstand I will be very interested. HT could easily make it like the Deluxe AOU Hulk similar to the Hasbro 4 inch figure.

I’ve actually got that figure, ive never unpacked it from when I moved 6 years ago. Im sure it looked a lot better than that!!

That's a situation where I can understand the re-release strategy. Even better would be including the X-Wing fighter jumpsuit, but there's zero chance HT will do that. They love milking a character with as many looks as possible for $$$.

This exactly what I want in a 2.0!

9e50f50163449da766d4ac43f683e12a.jpg

I think I’ll get this instead (Black Series Hyperreal line)

Is this also newly shown at SDCC ? If so, it's interesting that several of the SW OT figures are made by different companies at similar times. It's almost like Disney says OK we're doing approvals for character "X" next year. Get your figures ready if you want to be in. That way they can ensure all details are as good as they need to be for "likeness".

I could be totally wrong here, but I guess it makes a little bit of sense imo. I seem to recall Jabba had a couple of versions from different companies at similar times. Jedi Luke. Maul perhaps ? :dunno

Is this also newly shown at SDCC ? If so, it's interesting that several of the SW OT figures are made by different companies at similar times. It's almost like Disney says OK we're doing approvals for character "X" next year. Get your figures ready if you want to be in. That way they can ensure all details are as good as they need to be for "likeness".

I could be totally wrong here, but I guess it makes a little bit of sense imo. I seem to recall Jabba had a couple of versions from different companies at similar times. Jedi Luke. Maul perhaps ? :dunno

Yes, it was just revealed at SDCC, and it’s available for pre-order

Yes, it was just revealed at SDCC, and it’s available for pre-order

To clarify, that is a render and that's what was revealed at SDCC. They do not have a real prototype on display nor in photos. That kind of bothers me considering the lead up time from the Vader reveal.

Sadly, that’s not how licensing works.
Whomever holds the copyright never instigates product. They can withhold the rights to given product(Slave Leia), or perhaps give incentives(Perhaps cheaper licensing deals), but they don’t control what is made.
The licensee asks for a licence and the copyright holder tells them the cost, usually an upfront cost based on projected sales over the term of the licence.
It’s practically unheard of for any copyright holder to tell manufacturers what to make.
The manufacturers only pick what they thin they can sell.

Back