Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like mix of SS and HT clothes, nothing custom about it.
Are you talking quality wise? B/c GeeWhiz does in fact make custom clothing and makes nearly all the proto clothes for current Big Chief Studios 1/6 figures. I have owned some of their stuff in the past and it's definitely great quality stuff. Nothing like Kato, Toribox, etc. but still usually higher quality than you get from SS or HT. They only made the shirt, pants and jacket for the Bespin look, though. The belt, holster and boots are HT ASWS Solo Han by the looks.

I missed out on Luke and I’ve been after him since. But I’ve since decided to stop. I have a HUGE feeling a re-release of that set is coming.. it’ll be ten years in 2022 and several of Hot Toys re-releases came out ten years after the original release. And obviously Howard has a special place in his heart for it. It’ll make a killing since there’s SOOOO many more collectors now. However, it won’t be anywhere near the original price 😂 I’m hoping that is also why they’ve been holding back on Han so they release them together maybe.
Hot toys having a sensible release plan for Star Wars?

Attachments

• 68B06866-940E-43F1-89D9-8BD31A3A449D.jpeg
    68B06866-940E-43F1-89D9-8BD31A3A449D.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 74
Are you talking quality wise? B/c GeeWhiz does in fact make custom clothing and makes nearly all the proto clothes for current Big Chief Studios 1/6 figures. I have owned some of their stuff in the past and it's definitely great quality stuff. Nothing like Kato, Toribox, etc. but still usually higher quality than you get from SS or HT. They only made the shirt, pants and jacket for the Bespin look, though. The belt, holster and boots are HT ASWS Solo Han by the looks.
Ah the jacket looked a lot like the SS one with the Hoth Han.

God this thread is depressing at times. Lol only because this is my favorite look for Han in the trilogy. Don't get me wrong I like ANH and ROTJ looks also, but something about the blue jacket is just way cooler looking. I really do hope we get him now that Lando is on preorder, and Bespin Luke 2.0 is most likely to be next to go up. Same with Chewy but I would get Han first if anything.

God this thread is depressing at times. Lol only because this is my favorite look for Han in the trilogy. Don't get me wrong I like ANH and ROTJ looks also, but something about the blue jacket is just way cooler looking. I really do hope we get him now that Lando is on preorder, and Bespin Luke 2.0 is most likely to be next to go up. Same with Chewy but I would get Han first if anything.
I completely forgot about the Bespin Luke 2.0 tease. You'd think thnat would have been a no-brainer for instant PO. Who knows, maybe they'll end up POing it with the new Mando facesculpt and ESB hair.

I completely forgot about the Bespin Luke 2.0 tease. You'd think thnat would have been a no-brainer for instant PO. Who knows, maybe they'll end up POing it with the new Mando facesculpt and ESB hair.
Naw I'm sure they will use the sculpt that their new Snowspeeder Luke has. Which is another one on preorder, that is another ESB figure but for me personally Bespin look is more iconic. I do have Mando S2 Luke on preorder but I'll still get ESB Luke when he goes up. I believe that will be another DX series release I wonder what they will give us with him. Maybe another dio base to go with Vader's?

I just wish they'd get on with it so we can start moaning about no Hoth Han. Just imagine how empty inside we'll all feel when Bespin Lando releases and this still hasn't seen the light of day. The lack of this and C-3PO for the OT is just so bizarre. Also, the lack of Padme and Mace Windu for the PT. All of these figures should be no-brainers for Hot Toys. Do they really think they'd sell less of these characters than the Artillery Troopers and those hideous Jet Troopers? I know I know easy re-paints and all that.

I just wish they'd get on with it so we can start moaning about no Hoth Han. Just imagine how empty inside we'll all feel when Bespin Lando releases and this still hasn't seen the light of day. The lack of this and C-3PO for the OT is just so bizarre. Also, the lack of Padme and Mace Windu for the PT. All of these figures should be no-brainers for Hot Toys. Do they really think they'd sell less of these characters than the Artillery Troopers and those hideous Jet Troopers? I know I know easy re-paints and all that.
Preach

So this is where all the OT people are. I feel an OT announcement this month. I do wish it would be that Bespin Luke. $700 for the 2 pack is ridiculous. I passed on early Marvel stuff and won on Thor/IM/Hulk. Passed on early SW stuff and imagine that, got burned by the #1 merch maker.

So this is where all the OT people are. I feel an OT announcement this month. I do wish it would be that Bespin Luke. $700 for the 2 pack is ridiculous. I passed on early Marvel stuff and won on Thor/IM/Hulk. Passed on early SW stuff and imagine that, got burned by the #1 merch maker.
$700 for DX07 is crazy. I remember getting mine a couple years ago for $400ish.

if I recall when it first came out, the exclusive and regular set was around 400/450 shipped from Sideshow.
I've seen some sets sell.for around 1K AUD lately
It was only $300USD when it first came out and shipping was about $20ish (though I guess the conversion does put it around the $400AUD mark, so we're both right :yess: ). And this was before SS was charging tax, so it really was an incredible deal of two complete figures, with two display bases plus the light-up weathervane.

Back