Hot Toys Bespin Han speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bootleg Hoth Leia head arrived today.
It?s not too different than the HT official Hoth Leia. Sculpt is slightly softer, and the head looks fractionally longer and thinner which will likely be an artefact of the remoulding process. The paint app on the one I bought(Which I bought *because* they clearly never used a HT Leia to solicit sales), is slightly pinker of complection than the HT
I have a spare Hoth Leia head and I have comparison pics below.
Taken on its own merits, for less than $20 shipped I reckon it?s worth it, especially considering what a HT Leia head goes for.

a23ec4632d2856e1f0fd239a1784d6b6.jpg

a6490c7205d27c91432c8b36189c3f0a.jpg

77a6edaf7066fefa39ff71a1209bf622.jpg

937647442136765d9d4ff3536d21e716.jpg

c8cae697db2eeb330d6a5a992ac9593b.jpg

ebfa0399b03b4d1c29d1d8874ad6323d.jpg

6fb42f73157a62f3150078d1a3367ed0.jpg

Thanks for posting!

It looks decent - is it slightly smaller than the HT head, or is that just an illusion of the pics?

How does everyone feel that we get a Venom-ized Groot before a Bespin Han Solo, that has already been teased?

I just hope they have *something* else to announce for the ESB 40th anniversary this year.

I just hope they have *something* else to announce for the ESB 40th anniversary this year.

Really hoping for reissue of the Snowtrooper, and new announcements for Lando, Bespin Han (deluxe with Han in Carbonite), Chewbacca (deluxe with busted 3P0 in netted backpack), Dagobah R2, 3P0, Bespin escape Leia...Veers, Piett...Bounty Hunters...

But we all know we'll get none of those. :-/

The knock-off Leia head looks pretty good. The paint job could use some work (especially the eyes), but overall not bad.

Thanks for posting!

It looks decent - is it slightly smaller than the HT head, or is that just an illusion of the pics?

I got out my digital calipers, and every measurement i took was the same, with the exceptions of:
1, Bootleg was .5mm thinner at the temples,
2, Bootleg was .6mm longer from the back of the hair to the front of the nose.

Top to bottom, side to side, the rest of the measurements were the same. With on half-millimetre differences, i expect that's within the tolerances of normal HT heads. Only the paintwork shows it up, and i expect a wash or two, and some pastel shading might help.

The knock-off Leia head looks pretty good. The paint job could use some work (especially the eyes), but overall not bad.

I reckon some "make-up" might work, and general shading. Not bad for ?16 shipped.

Really hoping for reissue of the Snowtrooper, and new announcements for Lando, Bespin Han (deluxe with Han in Carbonite), Chewbacca (deluxe with busted 3P0 in netted backpack), Dagobah R2, 3P0, Bespin escape Leia...Veers, Piett...Bounty Hunters...

But we all know we'll get none of those. :-/

I don?t even know what to say anymore. Mandalorian starts next month so we have maybe 1 release before the mando onslaught begins. It will probably be clone wars kenobi.

How can esb so underrepresented in 1:6 form? Han and lando are major missing pieces.

How can esb so underrepresented in 1:6 form? Han and lando are major missing pieces.

Yes and then Lobot and IG-88 and Dack and General Veers and Captain Piett and Snowy Chewie and redux Luke and Bespin Escape Leia and Removable Limbs C-3PO (heck any C-3PO). Hoth Luke. Hoth soldier. What about an ughnaught? The denizen with the ice cream container? Did I miss anyone? They will probably do Han in carbonite next!

Last edited:
Yes and then Lobot and IG-88 and Dack and General Veers and Captain Piett and Snowy Chewie and redux Luke and Bespin Escape Leia and Removable Limbs C-3PO (heck any C-3PO). Hoth Luke. Hoth soldier. What about an ughnaught? The denizen with the ice cream container? Did I miss anyone? They will probably do Han in carbonite next!

You forgot the two most important characters, 2-1b and fx-7. Without them getting luke put back together, we don?t have a movie 😜

You forgot the two most important characters, 2-1b and fx-7. Without them getting luke put back together, we don?t have a movie [emoji12]

Omg of course FX-7 would be amazing with all of those arms. I have the Kenner one still and always loved that guy. Did Sideshow ever do him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forgot the two most important characters, 2-1b and fx-7. Without them getting luke put back together, we don?t have a movie ��

Omg of course FX-7 would be amazing with all of those arms. I have the Kenner one still and always loved that guy. Did Sideshow ever do him?

While it's a kit that you have to put together/paint, Rustyj in the customs section is about to start shipping an amazing 21B 1/6 project, and I'm hoping enough voices might make him do a basic FX-7 figure to go with it.

I actually know a guy who's looking at making a Bacta tank and sculpted Luke figure that is a printable 3D sculpt and has sculpted parts of the med center walls as a backdrop. So even the whole scene is a possiblity - just need a HT Han Bespin (which WILL happen in the next year I think)!

With HT so unreliable in terms of what they'll do (and even what they actually make regardless of what they reveal) you really have to embrace customs, whether somebody makes them or you yourself, as a way to get those kinds of figs. I've undercoated my Ugnaught and added the first paint details, have the outfit roughly blocked out and just got some grey fur for the hair:

mn1p3CR.jpg

While its fun to speculate. Its been more fun building this!

Millenium Falcon Cockpit Entrance!

Bought the 3D file from a custom artist friend and a coworker buddy just bought a new 3D printer so he tested it out on this.

Cost of file, the print, paint, wires came to roughly $200.

Not 100% done yet though. Going to paint the floor grates and Im going to hang the Golden Dice that came with the Solo: SW Story figure.

The Bespin clothes/rig/blaster on the Solo are placeholders till I get the Yunsil/Robbie set.

My original plan was to have it so it can separate in the middle for two separate displays if I ever wanted to display Han and or Chewie alone (but having them together like this makes it hard for me to ever want to separate them now. [emoji38])

View attachment 494161View attachment 494162View attachment 494163View attachment 494164View attachment 494165

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Damnnnnnnn I'm mad jealous!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

While it's a kit that you have to put together/paint, Rustyj in the customs section is about to start shipping an amazing 21B 1/6 project, and I'm hoping enough voices might make him do a basic FX-7 figure to go with it.

I actually know a guy who's looking at making a Bacta tank and sculpted Luke figure that is a printable 3D sculpt and has sculpted parts of the med center walls as a backdrop. So even the whole scene is a possiblity - just need a HT Han Bespin (which WILL happen in the next year I think)!

With HT so unreliable in terms of what they'll do (and even what they actually make regardless of what they reveal) you really have to embrace customs, whether somebody makes them or you yourself, as a way to get those kinds of figs. I've undercoated my Ugnaught and added the first paint details, have the outfit roughly blocked out and just got some grey fur for the hair:

mn1p3CR.jpg
How did you wind up doing the body? Your progress is amazing thus far!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think we will see the Mando Luke before Bespin Han.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back