Hot Toys Batman Collartible Expo - Sept 10-25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman Event Coming Soon - But what does it mean?

With as much as HT has improved id like to see them redo Begins Batman, Joker, Scarecrow and give us a Ras and Talia. We are coming up on the 10th anniversary of TDK.

the meat of your argument is that its ok to do multiple figures of the same character for a movie that isnt even out yet and may or may not be good, because hot toys has rehashed characters on the marvel side when those are from multiple movies that have all come out already. believe me im tired of all the iron man figures just like everyone else, but that doesnt mean its ok for them to continue the trend here. theres plenty of characters they could still do on the dc side. Lets first see if this joker is any good and then lets see him in another movie other than SS before we start getting 3,4,5 of the same figure with different outfits.

Hot Toys has always done figures for bad movies regardless, so what does it matter? They take risks on licenses with unproven movie properties. Sometimes those gambles pay off, sometimes they don't. I don't think Rogue One looks very good for example, but it should be no surprise that they're going to do a ton of troops from that movie.

You guys are saying it's overkill and that Leto Joker is getting too much attention . . . and he has, at the most, two figures, one being an exclusive during a movie year. That's not overkill, he's a new version of a popular character for a movie that's coming out in a few weeks. Same applies to Affleck Batman. People are excited for something new and Hot Toys has JUST debuted their Joker.

Nobody thought it was overkill when Hot Toys was showing these two off in the summer of 2008,

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So what's wrong with an Arkham Asylum Joker and Purple jacket Joker? That's not 4 or 5 releases, it's two. That shows some reserve from a character that has a dozen outfits in the span of a few minutes.

Last edited:

Hot Toys has always done figures for bad movies regardless, so what does it matter?

You guys are saying it's overkill and that Leto Joker is getting too much attention . . . and he has, at the most, two figures, one being an exclusive. It's not overkill, he's a new version of a popular character for a movie that's coming out in a few weeks.

Nobody thought it was overkill when Hot Toys was showing these two off in the summer of 2008,

View attachment 278535

So what's wrong with an Arkham Asylum Joker and Purple jacket Joker?

well i have absolutely no problem with it except i dont think ill be buying either unless his performance is very impressive. having said that, if they announce any more outfit changes then that this year then thats a problem. id rather see

ras
talia
improved dx12/armory - too many mods people have to do to that figure to make it look nice
arkham characters
returns characters
other suicide squad members
hell even forever characters

Very true. And his whole argument "hey its new" doesn't mean anything. Hot Toys should do what sells.

well i have absolutely no problem with it except i dont think ill be buying either unless his performance is very impressive. having said that, if they announce any more outfit changes then that this year then thats a problem. id rather see

ras
talia
improved dx12/armory - too many mods people have to do to that figure to make it look nice
arkham characters
returns characters
other suicide squad members
hell even forever characters

Yeah, I don't particularly like Leto Joker either, but regardless, there are a lot of people that will so I think it's off base to say it's overkill already when it's really not.

And I agree with you. I'd love to see things like Returns Catwoman, Returns Penguin, Ra's Al Ghul, the 60s show Batmobile, and video game Arkham Joker, but those are clearly not a priority for either Hot Toys and/or Warner Bros. For Hot Toys it's Iron Man, Marvel, Star Wars and new licenses like BvS and Suicide Squad. That's just how it is.

Very true. And his whole argument "hey its new" doesn't mean anything. Hot Toys should do what sells.

And you don't know if Leto Joker sells.

That Bank Robber Joker 2.0 sold poorly, got discounted, sold to other retailers and sat for over a year online. By your logic, Hot Toys shouldn't do any more Ledger Jokers because the last one was a mediocre success. Same for their 1/12 Bat that a handful of people bought, the Batsignal sets, etc. etc. :lol Point is, Suicide is a new license, people are hyped and their figures might be great sellers, regardless of how people will feel about the movie. Hot Toys is going all in and it may or may not be successful for them. That's business.

Your whole argument is "I don't like Leto Joker, I want more Ledger Joker. They should make what I want because I want more". Isn't even an argument. It's not about what you want. You've got your Joker figures. It's not 2008 anymore.

They don't care. Bale and Ledger are old news, just like Keaton, Nicholson and the 60s stuff. They're not relevant in a movie year where Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad are Warner Bros. focus. They've already been done. Maybe they'll be revisited in the future, but that time isn't now, nor should it be. They have their sights on these licenses whether people like you like them or not. This Joker is new and what's on the radar, what's being talked about. The others, not so much.

I personally don't care for BvS or Suicide Squad, but it's foolish to think they wouldn't or shouldn't do figures of Superman, Wonder Woman, the Squad and variations of Batman and the Joker.

I know 66 is not relevant to people , but to collectors like me in their 40's or older, is still very much relevant.

I know 66 is not relevant to people , but to collectors like me in their 40's or older, is still very much relevant.

And we're lucky to have gotten as much 60s Batman merchandise as we have in the past 3 years. It went from famine (pretty much zero products in that 47 year span) to feast with a bunch of 60s Batman collectibles from Mattel, NECA, Hot Toys, Sideshow, Tweeterhead, Funko, Lego, etc. The rights acquisition and Blu Ray came out at the perfect time between TDKR and BvS.

Jesus silver jacket was made. Looks like we have a problem.

Stan the Eyeball Man > Ledger Joker

Stan the Eyeball Man > Ledger Joker

We need a 1/4 Eyeball Man.
Heck, make him a DX. The PERS system is already there if his head is on a ball joint.

It is actually kind of sad that Hot Toys will make these henchmen, but not Bob the Goon or Grumpy. :lol

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bob would have been amazing. But the eyeball henchman is just more important

It is actually kind of sad that Hot Toys will make these henchmen, but not Bob.
IKR?
He's the most memorable goon in the entire history of BATMAN franchise.
All hail Tracey Walter!

Well here's the likely reason: a joker painted batman from suicide squad
7519c470c0d11ef5990e6ae44be8b288.jpg

Ledger's Joker was written for the film. Leto's was written to sell as many toys as possible.

I just found these:

1/6 Purple Lamborghini? Probably just the 'real' car:

Instabat01.jpg

Instabat02.jpg

Back