Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people forget...Doc had this look in BTTF...the 1st movie, end scene...so technically this is Doc Brown from the first movie.

While technically true, the accessories are from the second film. This look is much more associated with that movie due to the poster, and no doubt the box will have a BTTF 2 logo on it.

TBH Im glad we're getting a Doc. This Doc is better than no Doc. Easy POs for me. Just waiting on the PO for the delorean now.... *looks at watch*...... *crickets*

A little collage with sone filters

photostudio_1473549692163.jpg

After making the upper back and front bumpers colors more movie accurate, I found some awesome pics of the 'A' car restoration. So I decided to replicate the wiring (color and layout). The one by Hot Toys is far from accurate. ;)

After making the upper back and front bumpers colors more movie accurate, I found some awesome pics of the 'A' car restoration. So I decided to replicate the wiring (color and layout). The one by Hot Toys is far from accurate. ;)

Do you have links to those pictures, please?

Those of you who used the Aqueon 40 gallon fish tanks for your Delorean, what did you use for the top cover?

Those of you who used the Aqueon 40 gallon fish tanks for your Delorean, what did you use for the top cover?

I just assumed those people placed it upside down. Problem is then the lighting, since you'd need to cut a groove out for the wires.

Maybe just get a piece of plexi cut for the top lid? :huh

That would most likely work since the top is recessed on an aquarium with a ledge going around it. You would just need to consider a way of lifting it off (like having a hole drilled for a finger to grab, or a magnet on each side to give a lifting point, etc.)

I think the aquarium setup makes the whole display look like **** though. I wouldn't invest $700 in a collectible and then house it in something so ghetto personally, but I can't fault someone for doing so given how expensive acrylic is in this size. The black plastic borders and visible silicon just doesn't sit well with me. I've kept fish for years though, so maybe I am biased. Just an opinion where taste is subjective.

That would most likely work since the top is recessed on an aquarium with a ledge going around it. You would just need to consider a way of lifting it off (like having a hole drilled for a finger to grab, or a magnet on each side to give a lifting point, etc.)

I think the aquarium setup makes the whole display look like **** though. I wouldn't invest $700 in a collectible and then house it in something so ghetto personally, but I can't fault someone for doing so given how expensive acrylic is in this size. The black plastic borders and visible silicon just doesn't sit well with me. I've kept fish for years though, so maybe I am biased. Just an opinion where taste is subjective.
ef4dc1c96d1d3965f847499992af57e5.jpg
901d03027c264b83f59bc2211883790d.jpg
. Custom built granas table I decided to go with. It will fit 3 deloreans. 30 bucks on Kijiji for the table than another 300- 400$ building materials.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Yeah but I'm on a budget and need a case to protect my Delorean ASAP and a $40 aquarium that others have used will work for now. I built a display case for my Batmobile out of an Ikea Granas table and it took me a month to build and over $200 in plexi and parts and a year later the plexi that was siliconed came undone. I think this will work and protect my Delorean from dust and I won't have to keep it in the box.

Your hoverboard looks lonely.

My display was an ex display counter i bought for £20. Fabric was a further £15 so bargin really.

20160817_010242.jpg

Back