Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine !!

Username. I too love time travel films and yes saw and enjoyed about time

Have you read *Replay* by Ken Grimwood, *The Accidental Time Machine* by Joe Haldeman, or *The Man Who Folded Himself* by David Gerrold?
All good reads(Or listens if you prefer audiobooks).

Have you read *Replay* by Ken Grimwood, *The Accidental Time Machine* by Joe Haldeman, or *The Man Who Folded Himself* by David Gerrold?
All good reads(Or listens if you prefer audiobooks).

Another good time traveling story is the newish Stephen King book: 11/22/63. Check it out!

New interview with Howard, might be awhile for this to go up for PO :(

@Hong Kong Figure Club interview session with Howard Chan translated by Charles Lim on OSR
HKFC: In regards to MJ Smooth Criminal, has it been cancelled?
Howard: Actually prototype was completed long ago, but MJ's family never approve it, besides that the license was expired hence we decided to cancel it.
HKFC: Lately the hottest issue Ironman Mark 42 shoulder problem, care to explain what's going on there?
Howard: As soon as we found out about the issue through forums and facebook, we have already looked into it. We found out that there was an error in assembling that part and already increase manpower to supervise it. We have resolved this issue hence there aren't too many broken shoulders.
HKFC: As you know Pepper Potts is one of ironman series most anticipated character, when will she be revealed?
Howard: Head sculpt was completed but due to projects in hand, we could not squeeze time to paint it. We hoped to present and announce Pepper in a different way; at the moment plans aren't too concrete and we didn't want to rush it hence will try to complete other projects before hopping back to Pepper.
HKFC: 2012 Anicom Fair revealed Xmen Professor Xavier but since then there aren't any updates, care to share?
Howard: I believed most of you have seen the prototype and the movie licencor approved too. However later stage the movie studio told us we need to acquire every actors' head sculpts licensing approval by ourselves, hence the delay. Xmen movie license is quite tedious, as mentioned we need to talk to each actors and some of them has given the green light, so we are still in planning stage who to produce first.

HKFC: Back to the Future's DeLorean has become one of the hottest topic this year's con, do you plan to produce it?
Howard: We were quite lucky as we are able to complete the prototype just in time for these comic con. Personally I want to produce but we shall decide later!

HKFC: Are you planning to produce all Mark 42 armors from Ironman?
Howard: We all know that most of the armors are consisted of other armors part, won't diminish that we might produce all them; those more distinctive individual armors will be produced but mostly in exclusive manner.
HKFC: Brian, M.Y., Hyatt)
Howard: Mr Howard Chan

I think they very much want to produce it, but a) will it be as detailed as the prototype at SDCC and if so, b) can they keep it under a prohibitive price point?

Wtf so no Delorean? **** another permanent fixture on the SSC Coming Soon Section and now Mike's canceled but I guess we already figured as much

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

What annoys me the most about all this is the inevitable delays this means. Look at they delay in announcing the 1966 Batmobile. This should have been out around the same time as Marty, but instead we will probably have to wait till next year just for the announcement; and till 2016/17 to actually get it in hand.

Wtf so no Delorean? **** another permanent fixture on the SSC Coming Soon Section and now Mike's canceled but I guess we already figured as much

Lets not get too upset yet. It's not canceled yet and given how well Marty has apparently sold I would say this still has a very good chance of being made.

The Delorean better be made. It's the one vehicle I will ever get. The most wanted collectible that has been a dream for years.

New interview with Howard, might be awhile for this to go up for PO :(

HKFC: Back to the Future's DeLorean has become one of the hottest topic this year's con, do you plan to produce it?
Howard: We were quite lucky as we are able to complete the prototype just in time for these comic con. Personally I want to produce but we shall decide later!

maaan thats bumming me out!!! I really dont know if I would have p.o. Marty had it been said that they were not really sure they were going to make the car but this sucks!! It was very comforting seeing the new "coming soon" pic of the Delorean on SSC, It has been my daily ritual in the morning to search the usual spots for any kind of p.o. news on the car.....and now..gone!(well not gone, but seems further away than before I read the interview) So I started looking for a back up, a "contengency plan" if you will. And I ran into this website Ketzer.com and was amazed.. unfortunately not for sale but thought i would post it, dont know if most of you have seen it but looks good. delorean_rear_R.jpgdelorean_side_L.jpgdelorean_top_L.jpgdelorean_details_L.jpg

delorean_rear_L.jpgdelorean_mrfusion.jpgdelorean_details_R.jpgI forgot to mention it is 1/6 scale, 28"long. They had this on one of the discriptions.

This is one of two 1:6th scale Delorean models that were built for the
Back to The Future: The Ride attraction at Universal Studios Florida and Hollywood.
THis model should be about the same size as the Hot Toys Delorean model seen at Comic Con 2014.
The other model, which has motor driven folding wheels, can be seen here.

View attachment 127020View attachment 127021I forgot to mention it is 1/6 scale, 28"long. They had this on one of the discriptions.

This is one of two 1:6th scale Delorean models that were built for the
Back to The Future: The Ride attraction at Universal Studios Florida and Hollywood.
THis model should be about the same size as the Hot Toys Delorean model seen at Comic Con 2014.
The other model, which has motor driven folding wheels, can be seen here.

The painting is so real like a real car if didn't mentioned is 1/6

Lets not get too upset yet. It's not canceled yet and given how well Marty has apparently sold I would say this still has a very good chance of being made.

Of course. From the translated statement above, I would read that they want it to happen.
And also that we might still be getting Prof. X!

I think it's inevitable it will get made, the delay is probably down to deciding if the market would withstand more than 1 version. Most people have expressed their preference for one with the folding wheels, so would hold off ordering a non-flying version. As sales of the 1st would dictate the sale of a 2nd version, it's logical to offer 1 version that covers part 1 and 2, to avoid the potential scenario of low pre-orders on the 1st version.

It also wouldn't have anything like the shipping difficulties of the 89 Batmobiles. The 89 Batmobile is 260" in real life, the DeLorean is just 166", so less than 3/4 of the length. The shields (which nobody really cared for) added significantly to the length as well. The box for the DeLorean would be about half as big as the Batmobile's.

I hope ht are just not being serious saying they want to release the Delorean but don't know yet. There would be an uproar if they don't and a lot of people won't bother collecting the BTTF line at all if theres no Delorean. That's the star of the show for goodness sake and for ht to be so coy about it smacks of inconsistency and outright stupidity on their part. I know I certainly won't be collecting the figures if theres no Delorean. Whats the point? I mean why release a 1/6th car at all for promo shots if they aren't going to produce it? Obviously people will assume the car is going to be released. Imo that's just teasing people for no reason..

Anyways just adding to the discussion on vehicles and I'd also love to see someone tackle this sweet machine in 1/6th scale:

ecto1a.jpg

Last edited:

I am starting to think that when HT is producing a new line of characters, and the character(s) has an iconic car. They will produce it.

You make a good point. Besides if the POs go well I'm sure they'll make it for sure.

Back