Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But the folks who paid $1,000 for custom figures aren't the ones complaining about the price, from what I've seen. In any case, I agree that the price is not surprising. Just look at HT's past output. I think some were a bit too hopeful because they saw the price of the Tumbler re-release, but they may not have factored in the fact that it was a simple re-release. The R&D was already done. Prototype was created, no new molds or tooling needed, etc. That means HT doesn't need to charge above and beyond to account for all that stuff. The '89 Batmobile plus inflation was a better benchmark, and that's what we're seeing.

People complain about the high prices of Most products in this hobby until it sells out and becomes hard to find close to it's retail price. LOL
I'm still kicking myself for passing on those Lifesize Chucky Dolls and Jessica Rabbit PF but happened to get lucky chasing down Kanedas bike. I will NEVER let a 1/6 HotToys DeLorean pass me by that's for damn sure. :p

I'm sorry but I have to say something here. I honestly can't understand how anyone can complain about the price for this delorean. People spend over $1000 on custom figures that in all reality are not that great looking imo and people spend all there money on the tailoring. Your getting a 28" long, 8 inches high sixty five pound Beast of a vehicle for under $700 and it's the F'N time machine man?? This is an expensive hobby and you need to pay to play, simple as that. Because I cant have sound or have it in remote control form would not bother ME one bit. Would you really want to buy a $700 collectable car and ruin the thing smashing it around on pavement or against the walls? We're grown ups collecting grown up toys if that makes any sense whatsoever lol. Point is we all scream for this and we finally get it and everyone's being ridiculously picky lol. Opinions are like butt holes we all have one so here's mine.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

My flexpay starts in Aug 2015 lmao no worries.

This is my feeling. Yes it is a fair chunk of change but look at what you're getting. The amount of detail in this car is outstanding. My only compliant is that I have to wait so long... The day that "shipped" email is received will be a glorious one.

I'm sorry but I have to say something here. I honestly can't understand how anyone can complain about the price for this delorean. People spend over $1000 on custom figures that in all reality are not that great looking imo and people spend all there money on the tailoring. Your getting a 28" long, 8 inches high sixty five pound Beast of a vehicle for under $700 and it's the F'N time machine man?? This is an expensive hobby and you need to pay to play, simple as that. Because I cant have sound or have it in remote control form would not bother ME one bit. Would you really want to buy a $700 collectable car and ruin the thing smashing it around on pavement or against the walls? We're grown ups collecting grown up toys if that makes any sense whatsoever lol. Point is we all scream for this and we finally get it and everyone's being ridiculously picky lol. Opinions are like butt holes we all have one so here's mine.

...I think some were a bit too hopeful because they saw the price of the Tumbler re-release, but they may not have factored in the fact that it was a simple re-release. The R&D was already done. Prototype was created, no new molds or tooling needed, etc. That means HT doesn't need to charge above and beyond to account for all that stuff. The '89 Batmobile plus inflation was a better benchmark, and that's what we're seeing.

:exactly::goodpost:

I don't have the Tumbler, or the 89 Batmobile.. but this vehicle is seriously tempting! :panic:

This is my feeling. Yes it is a fair chunk of change but look at what you're getting. The amount of detail in this car is outstanding. My only compliant is that I have to wait so long... The day that "shipped" email is received will be a glorious one.

:exactly: Poor Marty's gonna be on display all alone for a year... :lol

:exactly: Poor Marty's gonna be on display all alone for a year... :lol

Not mine. He will be posed something akin to this surrounded by Time Lords.

30fc8bc325f891e9fe0c4d1c51819248.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm painting a picture in my head of all of us 30/40 year olds on our hands and knees pushing the delorean around the floor making sound effect noises lmao

But the folks who paid $1,000 for custom figures aren't the ones complaining about the price, from what I've seen. In any case, I agree that the price is not surprising. Just look at HT's past output. I think some were a bit too hopeful because they saw the price of the Tumbler re-release, but they may not have factored in the fact that it was a simple re-release. The R&D was already done. Prototype was created, no new molds or tooling needed, etc. That means HT doesn't need to charge above and beyond to account for all that stuff. The '89 Batmobile plus inflation was a better benchmark, and that's what we're seeing.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want this, but $700+ is a heck of a lot of money for a car I can't remote control.

Well Hot Toys does not have a good track record for remote control anything, just look at the melting ED-209 with inaccurate sound clips. LOL.

For the price did you expect this to get to 88 M.P.H. and mysteriously disappear?

I'm painting a picture in my head of all of us 30/40 year olds on our hands and knees pushing the delorean around the floor making sound effect noises lmao

hey, if I can get one for under a hundred that makes the sound effects I better not have make my own on this one. What is this, a baby's toy?!

Not mine. He will be posed something akin to this surrounded by Time Lords.

30fc8bc325f891e9fe0c4d1c51819248.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Utterly brilliant idea! :rock

I want the Big Chief 1/6 Tardis ..and this just might persuade me to buy a Marty figure, otherwise tbh, the DeLorean and Doc Brown were of much more interest to me.. Marty, not so much.

Some people seem to believe in the lead up to product releases that if they convince themselves it will be cheap and post their hopeful numbers on here, then it may turn out to be true.
Most rational guesses - based on the 89 Batmobile and ever escalating prices - put this at around or just over $700.

I'm not personally interested in this one but the price doesn't seem too bad for its size and relative to everything else in the hobby.
......I will happily pay $900 for Mad Max's interceptor though.....come on Hot Toys !

Some people seem to believe in the lead up to product releases that if they convince themselves it will be cheap and post their hopeful numbers on here, then it may turn out to be true.
Most rational guesses - based on the 89 Batmobile and ever escalating prices - put this at around or just over $700.

I'm not personally interested in this one but the price doesn't seem too bad for its size and relative to everything else in the hobby.
......I will happily pay $900 for Mad Max's interceptor though.....come on Hot Toys !

me too , mad max please hot toys :pray::pray::pray:

me too , mad max please hot toys :pray::pray::pray:

seanlongmadmax.jpg

Back