Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$400 to CANADA???
If sideshow was shipping Hot Toys "the Bat" for 40.00 US( according to SS website).....its size is very close to the Delorean...Would it not be around that shipping price range from SS?

Well this is disappointing. I confirmed my early processing and even called in last week to make sure it was shipping to me this week. Sideshow told me yes but about 10 minutes ago I got this:

"Dear Valued Sideshow Collector,

Thank you for your Delorean order and for your continued interest in Sodeshow Collectibles.

We recently offered early processing for the 1:6 Delorean as we got a small batch in early. Unfortunately the response to the early processing was in greater numbers than what we had inventory for. I do apologize but we will not be able to process your order early as we’ve run out of stock. We do expect the rest of our stock on this item in March at which time we’ll be able to process your order.

Again we do apologize and thank you for your understanding. As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns."

Stupid Sideshow. They should have sent out emails equal to the amount they had, then wait for reply. If person says no. Then go to the next person after the last person who got sent the notice. What a joke.

Small batch in EARLY? Haha I wouldn't call it early if it states Feb-March on their site AND also counting that it's already been pushed back.

I got an email just now letting me know to get ready since my final payment is due next week and it is shipping but I'm guessing I'll end up having that pushed back.

I don't mind waiting a bit more but it would be nice to get it sooner rather than later.

I think I've got one flex left. Looking forward to owning and modding it!

From the start I was going to get a fish tank, even before anyone mentioned it because it won't be my final display and I needed an affordable option to start with to prevent dust. I'm going to custom build down the road. Knowing it won't be the final resting place for the Delorean I've been scouting craigslist for months for a cheap 40gal and I finally found and picked one up today for $20. I need to built a small stand for it and get a piece of plexi for the top but I'm almost ready for the DeLorean to grace my entertainment room. Marty is anxiously waiting. Or am I the anxious one?

I Have done my part begging for Doc. Brown on HOT TOYS FB Page. I left this picture asking for them to please release. Doc. Brown. All i can do is hope n prey.:pray: I am sticking with the theory that i read a while back that HOT TOYS IS releasing this line in movie poster release style.

Marty bttf 1 and delorean

Marty bttf2 doc and flying delorean

BTTF 3 western release's would be dream come true release i prey we get that far...As of now Doc is WAY Late to the Party.

Good work repped.:clap

My credit card just got charged $640. Wonder if that's a good sign that I got in on the "small batch".

Oct 29, 2015

Well that's a bit unfair on Sideshows part. I ordered around the same time as you, with full payment, and also confirmed my early processing within minutes of getting the email.

It is what it is, congrats on winning the early processing lottery!

Well that's a bit unfair on Sideshows part. I ordered a while before you, with full payment, and also confirmed my early processing within minutes of getting the email.

It is what it is, congrats on winning the early processing lottery!

Try not to let it get you down. I have ordered day one and waited a month after people who ordered after they started shipping...
I have also relented and got on a waitlist a month after others, and got the figure while they went without.
There's no real formula for how fast you get yours, and it certainly is not a queue you join and save your space. There are people who get theirs first because they ordered last. It doesn't make any sense, but it's better to just ignore it and be patient.
I expect it could be based on a numerical or alphabetical system that only Sideshow know about, but never let on about.

My order status on the Sideshow Toy website changed from processing to shipping soon. Anybody know what that means in the grand scheme of things?

I haven't received any e-mails.

My order status on the Sideshow Toy website changed from processing to shipping soon. Anybody know what that means in the grand scheme of things?

Support told me to expect a tracking number today or tomorrow.

That order status usually changes when they start receiving product, regardless of whether yours is ready to go.
Although, i have had a "shipping soon!" notice on something that didn't get released for another 12 months.

Many thanks User... That answers my question... "Shipping soon" apparently means nothing. So now I wait.

Biggest box i received from Sideshow is 2X 4pcs set of Hall of Armor those are big boxes on their own rights and Sideshow charged me $40 for each shipment , i live in Ottawa, Canada i hope that helps for those that are thinking of buyin this from Sideshow

Back