1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3NwD1Wd.jpg

Much better. Now if you could just do that with the crotch.

I see people saying that all these gaps and things are a compromise for the articulation but I don't buy it. HT should have it where a standard museum pose, joints pushed in as much as possible doesn't have any gaps, then if you want to pose it, that's what the extending legs, pull out arms features are for.

Xirality, your shots look amazing! Thanks for posting. I think he looks great in your shots.

I agree the shoulders could be tighter to the body. Are those ball joints double ball joints, meaning there is a ball at both ends (one for the arm and one for the body)? Or is the joint fused to the arm side?

YuWlg2T.jpg

I wouldn't mind making that alteration if it was a simple as replacing a ball joint. But then where would one get them, besides pillaging another Iron Man figure?

Anyone remember what the original date was for this on Sideshow's site? I'm going to cancel but want to wait until it's beyond the 90 day delay limit that allows getting your NRD back...

Anyone remember what the original date was for this on Sideshow's site? I'm going to cancel but want to wait until it's beyond the 90 day delay limit that allows getting your NRD back...

SS giving no excuse refunds of NRD at this moment for the 85. I think they know there is at least 9 months before they get this in hand.

So Owen shared the link to another collector who closed the gap by dismantling and flipping the connecting joint.

9c2451bbad029913dcf93e67ff88e663.jpg

066164d71580df18a702f922be979f10.jpg

After flipping that joint
66d53c14aa1fcd1b4eff57a0913fd37d.jpg

The end result is this
92ee1eec049da558267d7d7713b6d487.jpg

However to mod the pad to stick closer to the upper arms the top of the pad is now not flushed to the trapezius armor
a199c7a11f3bfa1d29a6f3a2c814882b.jpg

c6999621ffa2a21e9ff09ad886b7f8c0.jpg

The end result.

e5c67b2c8a7a237d6c1a05dbbd1523e4.jpg

It was originally due for release during 3rd Quarter 2020 according to my notes when I signed up for a PO.

That mod looks great... but I certainly won't be disassembling my figure.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I see what people are saying about the shoulder pads not going down far enough but I don't think I'd want to do that kind of surgery on a toy to get a half a millimeter closer to the arm. The other problem that I don't understand is why somebody would buy this figure and then leave it in a museum pose. Thats just me though,

I wish Hot Toys would just ditch the spring loaded shoulder joints entirely.

For a short while they were using separate hinge shoulder joints, which I thought was a vast improvement, but then for reasons unknown they went back to inferior, old-tech of spring loaded shoulder joints...why???

For a short while they were using separate hinge shoulder joints, which I thought was a vast improvement, but then for reasons unknown they went back to inferior, old-tech of spring loaded shoulder joints...why???
Yup, the Mark VII has them, even the Iron Spider figure from the video game has them! No idea why they only use them sometimes, the hinge plus ball joint makes them much easier to pose and sit where you want them to.

Back