1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God, that sucks. That actually way more bothersome to me than the head sculpt, and it's not like spare Iron man ball joints are just readily available for us to fix the issue ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

i second that, this was def the most glaring issue for me

lol, you know I enjoy customizing and building things quite a bit but they really need to charge a lot less for a toy you have to finish yourself

I'm with you 100% on that. HT really ******ed us on this. Headsculpt,
stick out shoulders, scrawny legs, inaccurate paint job, no light up feature on the light refocuser :slap

Man, at this point I'm happy I didn't bother with this figure between the sculpt and the issues with the suit.....

Though I am worried about the EG Cap headsculpt now.

Man, at this point I'm happy I didn't bother with this figure between the sculpt and the issues with the suit.....

Though I am worried about the EG Cap headsculpt now.

From memory that also didn't look any better than the predecessors either imo.

But I didn't pre-order, so no stakes in that game. Happy with my Civil War Cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here (lost my $20 reward coupon) but ordered from HK (not waiting another year plus I like the headsculpt, gulp). Will order Mark 21 Midas when he is available (not PO anything anymore).

Mark 43 is nice! Originally release had some loose joints, but I hear the rerelease is solid. I do prefer the 42 rather than the 43 but both are great (they all are)

I think I'll be cancelling my Sideshow order too. I've never had to cancel with them before. Is it hard to get them to cancel and refund the deposit or do I have to give them a song and dance routine?? cheers!

I think I'll be cancelling my Sideshow order too. I've never had to cancel with them before. Is it hard to get them to cancel and refund the deposit or do I have to give them a song and dance routine?? cheers!
You should be good. SS will let you cancel and refund your deposit if the product is delayed. I canceled my MK 85 the first time it was delayed and they didn't give me a hard time.

I cancelled, no questions were asked. You can just do online chat. Might sit there for 10 minutes, but whatever.

Yeah. I get that people are upset. This has been a real year of people griping about HT output.
All I meant was that I see more Tony in the headsculpt than any they have released so far. And the proto looked nothing like him when our side by side to a pic of RDJ.
Whereas all I see looking at that sculpt is RDJ.
I don’t know what I’m seeing that everyone else isn’t(Well, most. A lot of people have chimed in to say they see what I see), but everyone’s brains are wired fractionally differently when it comes to vision anyway.
I just wish I could get that sculpt that HT will likely destroying. It gets me down they will be replacing it with that horrid sculpt that came with lol the recent IM armours that doesn’t look much like him at all. In my opinion of course.

If you're looking at the sculpt Hong painted then maybe, ain't nobody is getting that one though. The production sculpt has a blur filter on it

If you're looking at the sculpt Hong painted then maybe, ain't nobody is getting that one though. The production sculpt has a blur filter on it

Exactly. The JC Hong test painting ones look okay, but we all know WE won't be receiving that one. The final production ones are essential low quality renders.

Can someone please catch me up on this?

Are HT actually halting production and offering replacement sculpts?

Thanks

It sounds like that yes. They probably didn't ship everything now anyway, but it sounds like they'll offer replacements for all the ones sold already.

Exactly. The JC Hong test painting ones look okay, but we all know WE won't be receiving that one. The final production ones are essential low quality renders.

VPR29cK.gif

Hmmm. I've missed this whole headsculpt controversy. The new sculpt looks too much like their Ben Affleck sculpt with bigger eyes and a goatee to me. But I don't really love the old sculpt they plan on falling back on and I'd rather have the new one just because it's different. Eh. I'll probably just cancel this one and just stick with the Battle Damaged version anyway.

What's the best third-party RDJ sculpt to get that won't break the bank? I'm going to need one now for my plain-clothes Tony.

Depends what you consider breaking the bank? If you not into the official HT releases, Maxnut posted back a page is a decent choice.

Really all depends on one's preference and what movie you trying to recreate.

Yeah, the Maxnut would be the extreme upper level...but it looks like there really isn't anything else worth buying besides that one. The one's on Ebay all look....off.

Hi all, got mine today.

If you're like me where the classic Iron Man color scheme is a deciding factor for which Iron Man to collect, I put together a few comparison pics between Mk 6, Mk 46CA, and Mk 85. These 3 are the closest we got thus far, at least to me.

All museum poses because I'm terrible at posing figures.

First off, mine has no shoulder joint protrusion issue as some have reported...thank goodness. <-- EDIT: It turns out the shoulder protrusion issue is the distance between the torso and the arm, which is present for all Mk 85's released thus far.
0Jq5m4Ch.jpg

Low angle shots.
zp7BY2oh.jpg

B05g2ZKh.jpg

My biggest gripe with the 85 is its giraffe neck. It looks very awkward because the head sits so high. I tried pushing it downwards but this is as far as I can get. This problem is especially pronounced because the collar bone section is VERY tapered, making the neck even smaller. Coupled with the wider shoulder, it's as if the person underneath is deformed.
CKfxxwD.jpg

Comparison shots. Again, the giraffe neck on the 85 is making this otherwise perfect figure a smidge taller than the other 2. Mind you the other 2 are already pretty darn tall compared to other 1/6 figures.
0t1azY0h.jpg

BCYOkWOh.jpg

5ARhNRnh.jpg

The head articulation on the 6 and 46CA is every bit just as stellar but does not suffer from the giraffe neck.
02o4Xpzh.jpg

EyxZVLRh.jpg

UBIesEPh.jpg

As far as proportions and profile goes, the Mk 46CA is my favorite.
H5DtAMYh.jpg

Still though, if you're on the fence about the Mk 85, just get it while it's available at MSRP. It's the best engineered release so far and is very imposing on your shelf due to the wide shoulders and huge arms.
KC3VHhCh.jpg

Head sculpt is a whole another topic. In hand, I don't find the portrait to be so bad. But to each his/her own.

Thanks for looking!

Still though, if you're on the fence about the Mk 85, just get it while it's available at MSRP. It's the best engineered release so far and is very imposing on your shelf due to the wide shoulders and huge arms.

Thanks for the photos.

I mean it looks okay, but nothing blows me away. The color is inaccurate, and overall the by-the-numbers feel of this figure doesn't separate it from the other two.

Let's hope the battle-damaged has something unique to contribute. I won't miss not having the regular 85 in my collection.

Back